Sorry, another Shellac question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazCardiff

Reaction score
To be able to offer Shellac to clients, do you have to have any specific Shellac training? I only ask because I would love to be able to offer it but there is no training anywhere near me! :(

To be able to do Shellac do you just need a Mani certificate or do you have to have enhancemant qualifications? (Ive never used a UV lamp before hence why I would prefere to get training)

Sorry for the basic questions, I did search, but these answers didnt seem to pop up.

Caroline
xx

There is a CND educator in Bristol, not sure how far away that is from you. If you ring Sweet Squared they will give you her details 08452106060
Jen xx

You don't NEED Shellac training but I highly recommend it. Well worth the time and effort to learn this amazing service! :)

You don't NEED Shellac training but I highly recommend it. Well worth the time and effort to learn this amazing service! :)

Lets just say that if you hold the relevant certificates then Shellac training is not mandatory as it is assumed that holding that certificate, you should know how to manicure a nail correctly and also that you know how to do a professional polish!

What is unfortunate is that even after attaining a mani qualification is has become woefully obvious that many who hold this piece of paper know neither how to manicure nor how to do a professional quality polish SO .....................

I would recommend you attend a class. In the UK we have Shellac ambassadors all over and if you need to travel, then .. you need to travel. A little travel is better than disappointed clients and a poor service. AND if you have no experience of working with any nail products that require a UV Lamp, then I'd say you really HAVE to do the training to gain understanding. It is essential you know how a whole system works to use it effectively.

Last edited:
Lets just say that if you hold the relevant certificates then Shellac training is not mandatory as it is assumed that holding that certificate, you should know how to manicure a nail correctly and also that you know how to do a professional polish!

What is unfortunate is that even after attaining a mani qualification is has become woefully obvious that many who hold this piece of paper know neither how to manicure or how to do a professional quality polish SO .....................

I would recommend you attend a class. In the UK we have Shellac ambassadors all over and if you need to travel, then .. you need to travel. A little travel is better than disappointed clients and a poor service. AND if you have no experience of working with any nail products that require a UV Lamp, then I'd say you really HAVE to do the training to gain understanding. It is essential you know how a whole system works to use it effectively.

Thanks Geeg. My thoughts exactly!
Im looking to see if theres one anywhere near my Parents that live in Kent, if they do weekend training. (3 young boys at school prevent weekday travelling!)

Im booked to do a Mani course next week with EZflow because even though I have a Beauty Therapy certifcate, I do not feel confident enough to work on clients. I have learnt absolutely TONNES from everyone on here, and I want to do it right and be excellent at everything I do before going anywhere near paying clients.
x

caz, I did my manicure course with nail harmony who were excellent, I have been using shellac and soak off gels on the back of this for a while. However, I just love doing manicures and like you I want to do it well. I rang sweet squared yesterday about a half day shellac course, it's extremely reasonable and I am asking hubby to pay for it for my Christmas present ( I will get more pleasure out of that than anything else) they did not hold a course near me either but gave me the number of a lady in my area to contact who will train me.

A doctor is still a doctor, but when a patient comes in with heart problems, they'll likely prefer a cardiologist. :)

Why is it that I always refer to the medical field when making references to beauty? ;)

Personally, I haven't trained with Shellac. But, as we have come to realize, requirements in the US for nail techs differ from those across the pond. I would have loved to had the opportunity to train with CND, but I would have had to drive to Texas to do so. (About 13 hours away :eek:)

I've been using Shellac for about 6 months. I have benefited greatly from Geeks here, and Holly on YouTube. I feel trained in Shellac, does that count?? :rolleyes:

I am insured with BABTAC in the UK and when I rang to renew my insurance I was quite shocked when they said I was not insured without sending them my Shellac certificate (as I did it as a 1.2.1 in 2010 and it did not say shellac on it I never sent it). I thought I was already covered but they insisted no certificate no cover. So I am not totally sure on this but it is worth checking.

I did point out that the training was not mandatory and I had a certificate but it did not say shellac (pre the shellac attack classes). The fab girls at CND soon whisked off a lovely shellac certificate for me - I love it and them for doing it so quickly! It is quite worrying that I have worked with it for a year and was not insured in BABTAC's eyes.

I am insured with BABTAC in the UK and when I rang to renew my insurance I was quite shocked when they said I was not insured without sending them my Shellac certificate (as I did it as a 1.2.1 in 2010 and it did not say shellac on it I never sent it). I thought I was already covered but they insisted no certificate no cover. So I am not totally sure on this but it is worth checking.

I did point out that the training was not mandatory and I had a certificate but it did not say shellac (pre the shellac attack classes). The fab girls at CND soon whisked off a lovely shellac certificate for me - I love it and them for doing it so quickly! It is quite worrying that I have worked with it for a year and was not insured in BABTAC's eyes.

I know of several other insurance companies that are the same, they want the certificate. It is well worth doing the course even if you think you know it all there will be at least 1 thing that you will learn!

The course doesn't cost much either and in my opinion it's worth the money just for the fab certificate! I can't wait for mine to arrive, but I only did my training on 22nd nov so could be waiting a while! Lol xx

Having done the Sweet Squared training, I can fully recommend it. It isn't expensive and is worth its weight in gold. There are trainers across the country, give S2 a ring and get booked in, you won't regret it.

My trainer is fab......... now, who is she again????? :lol: :wink2:

Hi Jeni xxx

Last edited:
There is a CND Shellac EA in Bridgend near Cardiff? is that is close to you?

Having done the Sweet Squared training, I can fully recommend it. It isn't expensive and is worth its weight in gold. There are trainers across the country, give S2 a ring and get booked in, you won't regret it.

My trainer is fab......... now, who is she again????? :lol: :wink2:

Hi Jeni xxx
:lol: You just made me laugh...
Hi my fab student xoxoxo

There is a CND Shellac EA in Bridgend near Cardiff? is that is close to you?

Many Thanks,
There is, I was given her number earlier, Im going to call tomorrow to check prices etc :) Bridgend is fine, only a 20min drive away. now why S2 didnt tell me about her when I asked about Shellac training near me, I will never know!

I got my Shellac certificate through this morning from S2 for the Shellac brings 'Em Back course, what a lovely A3 certificate it is too.

I will be loking for a nice frame to put that up next to my Minx one.

Don't hesitate, get your courses booked!!!

Sorry this isn't an answer to the post but Jackie D how long did it take for your certificate to come?

Thanks x

Not long, I only did the course on the 18th November, so pretty quick.

Do they do training near to wakefield, i'm useless at finding places.:sad:

Do they do training near to wakefield, i'm useless at finding places.:sad:

Sweet Squared are down the motorway in Leeds! Give them a ring and booked in!

The contact number fo S2 might be useful to you .. And don't forget to take a copy of your certificate if it is your first visit. Have fun

Welcome - Sweet Squared

Latest posts

Back