Sorry........I Can't Hear You!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Claire must be a day for annoying neighbours. I had an hour and a halves worth of messaging my old neighbour who is now the landlord. Won't bore you with details but not many people win an argument with a happyfeet on a mission! i can hold my own and that i did. he's now coming to sort his tenants rubbish out and the previous tenant too. i'd write a message back or leave the silly begger to it, though good call sending hubby. i couldnt go round there i get a little hot under the collar at things like this, so in order not to lose my temper, make sure i get exactly what i want said without becoming flustered, missing the point and going off on a tangent i like a letter or message to hit home and make my point firmly but politely.
chin up chuck it could be worse your microwave could catch on fire.... no wait............ ;)

And this is why I don't talk to my neighbors.

Exactly my reason too!

My neighbor downstairs knows i have dogs and would constantly bother me about my bigger dog barking when we leave the house for work. ummmm my boyfriend works from home lady!! we have crates for BOTH dogs, i have two not just one. i got fed up of her a couple of weeks ago and blew up :p i told her im moving in three weeks, my DOGSSSS not only one! have crates, my boyfriend works from home and it's not my fault that shes just a miserable fat b***h. hasnt complained since :biggrin:

i never spoke to her before this and never plan on it again, neighbors are not my friends and i grew up in the city so you NEVER EVER know your neighbors there and thats just how i like it

These neighbors enjoyed a view of a beautiful park courtesy of my back fence. So they'd sit in their backyard, peer through my chain link fence and view nature. They'd invite frends and family over, have cookouts and sit out there for hours just admiring the view through my fence, through my yard. I ended that! I thought about putting up a wooden privacy fence. But where's the fun in that?

The fence belonged to us but these folks had planted something on it. Some type of decorative vine. I killed it. When she complained, I told her to put up her own God d*mn fence.

I put up a clothes line and started hanging random crap on it. Old blankets, towels, rugs, the dogs' blankets....whatever. That was their view...random ratty crap. They couldn't see the park.

Finally that got to be a pain in the a** so Ron parked both of our boats back there and they are big and they are tall. They not only blocked their view of the park, they cast a permanent shadow on the neighbor's backyard. They moved shortly thereafter.

Hey, that's what you get for throwing acid on my dog.

Don't mess me.

Oh Tammie, your way more diplomatic then i would me. my poor neighbor under me got her a** handed to her just accusing my dogs of something but to throw acid on a dog, thats just disgusting. i would have killed her!! my dogs are like my kids and im one PROTECTIVE mamma :D

but hey it worked what you did...yes!

interesting post. Having read all the above, I find myself questioning whether sometimes them and not us? Dont shout me down on this!

In my previous house we had lovely neighbhours, quiet, respectful, quite friendly etc. Then, ............. new lot moved in, not by removal company, but by trucks, vans and whatever! I thought wtf! They had older children, which I wasn't used to, and were extrmely noisy and bosterious. No-one in that house ever closed a door - it was always slammed shut!

After a week or so of them living there, (by which time I already didn't ike them) the "lady" of the house knocked on my door to introduce herself. Being polite by nature, I let her in, and by 9 pm we were both a bit drunk and "mates for ever"" lol.

We have both moved houses since then, and I would HATE to live next door to her, even now. She still has a mental house, noisy and chaotic (albeit spotlessly clean which mine will never be).

BUT, guess what, she is my BESTEST friend in the whole world! We are "chalk and cheese" and in she is absolute rock and saviour, I will love her to the world ends. Would I live next door to her again - NOT ON MY LIFE! Living next door to her was not great because we were soooooooo different, but what a fantastic friend she has turned out to be (ps that was more than 20 years ago)

When I moved into my next (detached) house, the old guy next door introduced himself, and informed us that his wife didn't like neighbours so she probably wouldn't have much to do with us - fair enough, no probs with that. However, i would sometimes hear him shouting aggresively at her I thought he was maybe a bully to her.

Several years ago he died (only found out about it when hearse turned up outside).

One xmas I returned from work to see the son holding a ladder whilst his elderly mum was up the ladder attempting to put up xma lights! I was very concerned for their safety (mum esp was very overweight, elbeit in her 70 or 80's). I asked my boys to go offer their help. My boys didnt want to as they had never had anything to do with neighbours, but my consience would'nt let me see an old, overweight woman up a ladder.

My eldest boy, about 17 at that time, asked them if they would like some help or maybe he could hold the ladder?

She looked back at him in disgust and replied "no". No thanks, no nothing, no anything. I was mortified! I tried to instill in my kids to respect elders, and then they get shot down for offering help!

We still live next door to her and have never spoken a word in 13 years, but I still check on her when the weather bad - just in case, even tho she doesn't know it;

I've had two extremes of noisy neighbours. Next door to my parents used to play their music at 3am when they got in at the weekend, and as their speakers were attached to the wall it was like I was sleeping in their living room! I had been known to go and bang down their door, (mentally with a sledgehammer, actually just my fists...) And drag him into our house so he could hear how loud it was! Never made a difference.. Now we live next to a couple with an 8 yr old football fanatic and his 5 yr old brother. In the summer we get all the balls in our garden, the only thing we've ever said was to ask them to stop jumping the fence cos at that time the garden wasn't safe, and instead to knock and ask for their balls back, then I heard his mum tell him it's his own fault he has none if he keeps kicking them over he'll just
Have to do without! Lol! We hear screaming and banging from them all the time, and dad swearing at them, (which i don't really like but it's their life) but it's neighbours. You're going to hear something at some point, so just get over it! They're actually a nice family. We're far from friends, but say hi, and get a Christmas card every year and that does me! We also say hi to a couple of neighbours across the road, as 1 is elderly and sent us a Xmas card too, one came
and told my sister her car window had been put out and one helped jump start my car a few times and then dig us out last year. :) I never want to move!! Lol!!!

I may be wrong, but I think jealousy may be involved.

Perhaps you have what this "lady" would have liked, and it's eating her up. Perhaps her "I hate children" mantra is because she was unable to have any.

I suspect the husband has to appease her.

The way I'd take it is to feel sorry for her. Not to change your lifestyle, but just tell yourself she has a problem.

I'd turn the music off, stay on the moral high ground and carry on waving cheerily to her!

I DO think calling your son a name was absolutely awful; I hope it was just a case of her saying it jokily - although it's clearly not an acceptable joke.

Hope it all blows over quickly for you xx

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Me and my family used to live next to awful neighbours! It was mainly the son that was the problem, he used to gob on our washing when it was hanging out to dry, jump over in our garden getting his balls he had kicked over, constantly playing loud music, swearing!! There house was semi-dettached to ours and his bedroom wall was against mine and he used to bang on it in the mornings shouting wake up!! It wasn't nice to sit out in your own garden in the summer as you could just here them being so noisy, and abusing us when we ask them to keep the noise down the would tell us to f**k off!! My mum had enough and lost it one day and went out there with a knife saying she was going to kill the ginger sod, my dad had to drag her back in lol. Me and my sisters have all left home now and my mum and dad have now moved and have lovely neighbours. We also found out the neighbours the other side to them packed up and moved too! XxxxxX

Well I am extremely upset and angry. My husband went round and they proceeded to tell him that I don't just shout at my son I scream at him and to such a level that I wake them up (?!?!) and that it's really distressing them. That they have been contemplating whether to get SS involved in case he's in danger. That he can set his watch to when my son gets back from school because within half an hour exactly I am screaming at him. That they know when my husband is home because it's the only time they can hear my son laughing. That they can hear what I say to my son word for word and that I swear at him.

None of the above is true and I feel sick to the pit of my stomach that they have spouted off this rubbish to my husband. My husband told them that if they felt it necessary to contact SS, then to go right ahead, that he knows I wouldn't scream at my son like that and certainly wouldn't ever swear at him.

I am mortified. How dare they?!?!?!?! :mad:

Well I am extremely upset and angry. My husband went round and they proceeded to tell him that I don't just shout at my son I scream at him and to such a level that I wake them up (?!?!) and that it's really distressing them. That they have been contemplating whether to get SS involved in case he's in danger. That he can set his watch to when my son gets back from school because within half an hour exactly I am screaming at him. That they know when my husband is home because it's the only time they can hear my son laughing. That they can hear what I say to my son word for word and that I swear at him.

None of the above is true and I feel sick to the pit of my stomach that they have spouted off this rubbish to my husband. My husband told them that if they felt it necessary to contact SS, then to go right ahead, that he knows I wouldn't scream at my son like that and certainly wouldn't ever swear at him.

OMG! That is awful! Have they any idea what problems they could cause? Fair enough if there was genuinely cause for concern but as you said, you don't treat your boy like that... but once Social Services are involved it can be a very upsetting experience for all involved.

OMG! That is awful! Have they any idea what problems they could cause? Fair enough if there was genuinely cause for concern but as you said, you don't treat your boy like that... but once Social Services are involved it can be a very upsetting experience for all involved.

I know, I am utterly gobsmacked and mortified. I have no idea where this has come from or why. SO SO upset :sad:

Oh darling that is awful & I'm so sorry you're having to put up with this kind of cr*p.

They are just trying to hit you where it hurts. You can bet your bottom dollar if they actually called SS they'd come round, have a chat with you, see how wonderful you are & how happy your son is, then hopefully go round to those scum bags and throw the book at them for wasting their time!

Please try not to worry about it, let them fester in their own pool of spitefulness and get on with your day! xoxoxo

Oh you poor thing. I would be extremely upset and bloody livid too!

Hearing that they may involve ss could just be a threat to make you worried but in any case I would start a diary of what's happened and what has been said as you don't know how things will evolve and it may also help you should they start complaining about your business too.

Sending hugs and hope this dies down so you don't get any more problems from them. x

Thank you ladies :hug:

So sorry to hear this, Planky.
It's especially horrible that they've tried the "divide and conquer" trick on you and your husband.
Keep strong xx

I cannot abide a stranger telling me how to raise my child. To me, this is striking below the belt. Threatening to call Child Protective Services? Really?

In the words of the immortal Daffy Duck, "You know, this means war."

And now my summerhouse has flooded this afternoon, water everywhere. This in addition to my microwave setting on fire yesterday as well as all this with the neighbours. I really don't think I can take much more, this is getting ridiculous now. It's just been one thing after another for months. I'm due a break, it had better hurry up!!

Oh Planky, what horrible people....i hope you're alright. At least your husband knows what nonsense that is!

We've had our neighbours my whole life and they've been pretty much alright, except when the son was about 16/17. He started learning the guitar....strumming at 3am, i could've killed him and i did scream Shut UP! a few times and tbf he did, lol.

One day he was at home on his own for the weekend and having a summer party, playing the big man. My brother was in our front garden and he heard this boy showing off to his friends, saying "bloody cat, get off my property" and then my cat came flying over the hedge. (Other than being a bit upset, he was ok).

Well my 6ft brother went straight over and in front of his friends picked him up by his shirt, got right in his face and said the next time you even think about doing something like that, it'll be you who gets thrown over that hedge.

He couldn't apologise enough and was a lovely neighbour until the time he moved out.

And now my summerhouse has flooded this afternoon, water everywhere. This in addition to my microwave setting on fire yesterday as well as all this with the neighbours. I really don't think I can take much more, this is getting ridiculous now. It's just been one thing after another for months. I'm due a break, it had better hurry up!!

Oh no:hug: Stay strong hun, things will get better. What horrid neighbours you have. What's wrong with people, it sounds like they have nothing better to do. They need to get a life and stop putting a glass to your wall, the nosey sods.
I was telling my little girl off a few months back (we were in the bathroom at the time) she had been really naughty so I told her to brush her teeth and go to bed. Yes I did shout at her, but low and behold a few minutes later my neighbour was knocking at my door asking me if everything was all right. She made it sound like I was murdering her or something.:D

Oh no:hug: Stay strong hun, things will get better. What horrid neighbours you have. What's wrong with people, it sounds like they have nothing better to do. They need to get a life and stop putting a glass to your wall, the nosey sods.
I was telling my little girl off a few months back (we were in the bathroom at the time) she had been really naughty so I told her to brush her teeth and go to bed. Yes I did shout at her, but low and behold a few minutes later my neighbour was knocking at my door asking me if everything was all right. She made it sound like I was murdering her or something.:D

Yep, that's how they're making me feel too. All parents scream and shout at their children at some point and if they say they don't, I don't believe them ;) and I definitely feel like we're being watched and indeed they must be holding a glass to the wall too because you can't hear things word for word through a wall, no way!

neighbours are generally nutty in my opinion.

In our last house we were involved on a full on boundary dispute because the neighbour suddenly decided he wanted some of our garden. This whole thing stemed from the fact we had put in a planning application that he wasn't happy about. Fortunately we sorted it out but after £ later! Never spoke to him again thank goodness.

Fortunately we currently live in a detached house so can shout as much as we like, although we do have super rubbish windows so the street probably hears most of everything anyway!

Id go sort it face to face. Ultimately you are paying to live there, whether mortgaged or rent. One thing i've learnt recently is that life is too short for people's moaning and whining!

Latest posts

Back