Sorry i havent been Geeking much i've been really poorly.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittergirl

Blingin' Brummie Geek
Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

Just thought i would post a thread to say im not ignoring you all ive been quite ill over the past week or two.

It all started not last wednesday not the wednesday before but the wednesday before that (sorry i dont know the date) i had an headache come on and thought it was this bug thats been going around anyway 7 days later i still have this headache its got no better or no worse so i go to my GP, who examines me and decides i have sinuses i tried to tell him the pain wasnt where the pain usually is when you have bad sinuses but he was adament thats what it was.

The following day (thursday before last) i was at work having a much needed Lunch time ciggy and whilst i was talking to one of the girls i work with her face dissapeared and i lost vision in my right eye i thought maybe i had something in there asked my boss if she would have a look she looked and couldnt see anything i left it a while and still my vision hadnt come back so i called my GP who said to go to the eye emergency department at my local hospital as he thought i had a detached retina so i went up and hadnt prepeared myself for what i was about to hear i thought maybe i just had a bad migrane the eye doctors gavce me a lenghty eye examination and eveytime i asked what they thought it was they wouldnt give my any information anyway after 3 doctors examining me they told me i had:

A hemorage behind my left eye
and swollen optic nerves at the back of my eyes

they said the optic nerves are attached to your brain and when they are swollen it usually means something is wrong in your brain i had to stay in under no circumstances could i leave the hospitalworst case senario i had a brain tumour!!! at this point the panic slightly sets in they send me to A&E at the same hospital which i have to sit in for another hour its now 9pm and i had been there since 4pm at 10pm they find me a ward and its filthy i have never seen a hospital ward so dirty the staff were rude and unhelpful and when they did speak to you it was more like a bark.

Meanwhile my dads leaving for India the following morning and im not going to get to see him before he leaves so i discharge myself the doctors not happy but i have to see my dad before he goes and the ward was that dirty i had already deicded i wasnt spending the night.

The following morning i come back to A&E im there for 8am they examine me again and decide that brain scan x rays etc are needed immediatly so i spend the day having all sorts of tests etc to try and find out whats going on meanwhile my vision comes back but still these terrible headaches i get the results and thankfully theres not tumours or bloodclots and i think im safe.

Im sent home drugged upto the eyeballs and given a moountain of painkillers and am one 16 a day to kill the pain at the moment its just dulling it but it does help.

So Wednesday i got back into hospital for a lumber Puncture i end up having 4 because they cant get the needle where it needs to go so anyway they get the needle in and the whole point of having the Lumber Puncture is to measure the amount of pressure in my Brain an average persons pressure in their brain is between 5 and 10 mines measure 32!!!! Turns out i have a condition called Idopathic Intracranial Hypertention (IIH) not sure if i have spelt it right which basically means i have an increased amount of pressure and fluid in my brain whic is causing the headaches and loss of vision if it persists i could go blind! They are treating me with painkillers at the moment and i still have to have more tests.

If you think its over there its not!

They then tell me that when checking my bloods there is an abnormality that came back on the blood for my Liver which is something they will have to investigate then they tell me this came up in my results when i had Meningitis when i was 18 5 YEARS AGO and no one told me!!!! I cannot beleive it 5 years ago and not one of the Doctors told me about this abnormality at the time!!!!

So in a nutshell thats why i havent been online much latley i have missed you guys sooo much! I have been feeling sooooooooo ill i havent even been getting dressed! I literally have no energy everything i do causes me pain.

So im going to get geeking i have missed a couple of thousand posts so im sure that will keep me busy! Lol

Hey there babe,
Glad to see you back and sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I know that you must be quite frightened right now, try not to stress out too much (easier said than done) Sending you giant hugs and kisses from the states, you know we are always here if you need us!!
:Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love: :Love:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

aawwwww hun you poor thing :hug: hope you get better soon , sending you loads of hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: take care hun , love dee xxx

Jodie what an awful time you've had. Wishing you a safe and speedy recovery, :hug:

You poor thing i hope you feel well soon:hug:

:hug: Get well soon luv

Oh Jodie

How awful you must of been scared stiff with worry

Good to see ya back hun

missed ya

poor you!!! take it easy and i hope you get better soon chick xx

Oh how horrible ... glad to hear you are now on the road to recovery Jodie :)

Hi Hun get well soon and take it easy:hug: :hug:

Hope that the worst is over for you Jodie & that everything is now under control. :hug:

:hug::hug: Hope you get better soon hun xxx

sending you a big hug :hug: :hug: :hug: xxx

Aw - Hope you get better soon xxx

crikey Jodey what an ordeal... it's great to see you back and BE STRONG... POSTIVE ATTITUDE and you'll get through it all:hug:

OMG youv'e certainly been through the mill Jodie, i hope everything turns out well for you and wish you a speedey recovery

Thanks for all your lovley comments guys!!!! Im feeling a lil better today so im gunna start sifting through all the posts ive missed.

Love u guys xxxxx

I'm sorry to hear that you have been so poorly, at least you know what is causing all the headaches so now it is time to put your feet up and pamper yourself. Hope you feel better soon - take care:Love: Debbie

Oh my word, you've certainly been through the mill haven't you !

Hurry up and get well soon ... great to have ya back on the site :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: thinking of you hun xx

Latest posts

Back