Spiders!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do apologise to everyone who hates spiders and it was me who started the topic as I was getting a large number of spiders in our spare room !!!!!

I must admit its great reading everyone's stories and special thanks to the people who posted pics lol x

You wouldn't ever get a pic out of me- if I see one I'm not sticking around long enough to get a camera!!
I've had huge ones before and actually left home and gone to sleep somewhere else until someone removes it lol.
I've got such a phobia, I hyperventilate and get hysterical. I flew out of my house at 3am once in nothing but a lace nighty and went to my mum's barefoot and frozen lol (she's only round the corner though!)

I'm not usually scared of spiders but i was just reading salongeek on my phone when a large spider swung an inch from my face as I'm sat near a fan. I screamed like a girl and woke up my children and my husband who came running!

I blame sweet squared as it's their fault I'm still awake waiting for the new shellac release!

My bf said he never seen one like that! it was so big he said it could of done with a lead!!!

Hahahah!!! Genuinely laughing my head off!

I hate spiders, why can't they be cute? Would make life a whole lot easier

I'm not scared of spiders but my husband is, like a big girl lol
I went into the garden at night time too get something from the shed and walked into a spider web, about an hour later I felt something fall from my hair and it was a huge spider and I mean HUGE!!! :eek:

I'm not scared of spiders but my husband is, like a big girl lol
I went into the garden at night time too get something from the shed and walked into a spider web, about an hour later I felt something fall from my hair and it was a huge spider and I mean HUGE!!! :eek:

😱I think I would have died on the spot

Climed Into bed with the hubby not long ago.
Looked up and there was one dangling from out light, right above our bed!!
I jumped up and whipped the quilt off so it couldn't fall and hide as it was getting lower and lower.
I'm screaming trying to find some tissue and he starts waving a DVD case at it in thin air (he's as scared as me!)
Then it ran back to light like it knew what was happening!! Argh I hate their legs!
Anyway he managed to squish it and it fell in our bed twitching.
I said I DON'T CARE THAT ITS MIDNIGHT IM CHANGING THE SHEETS!!!
So here I am half hour later reading this forum and freaking myself out more!! 😱

LolliDolli💋

I don't mind them until they start to move, scuttling about like billyo and that's when I panic :( if they stay still until I can pop a cup over it then its fine! Just talking about it is making my skin thickly like they're all over me 😰

Me and hubby went for a ride on our motorbike a couple of weeks ago, stopped off in the countryside on the way home and I put my helmet down. Drove another 60 odd miles, got home, took my helmet off and a huge spider came crawling out! Made me feel sick!! Will teach me to never leave my helmet on any grass! Lol x

www.facebook.com/butterflybeautyroom
www.butterfly-beauty.weebly.com

There is an evolutionary theory that tries to explain phobias - creatures that move in unpredictable ways can pose more of a threat if it's difficult to anticipate how they move.

Eg spiders, move in all directions, crabs - sideways, moths - erratic, snakes - slide not walk etc, birds flap about and so on..

Therefore the more they move like humans, the less of a phobic threat they become eg four legs- will only really walk forwards/backwards and we can anticipate how they are going to attack us.

I like it as a theory as it explains irrational fear of spiders for me!

I never knew this! I'm scared of spiders, moths, birds (too flappy urgh!),cockroaches, frogs...everything really lol. I always try and explain its because they're too erratic and unpredictable...never knew this was an actual reason! Feel less bonkers now ;)

This one just ran past me!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1375918427107.jpg
    1375918427107.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 58
So... One night, several weeks ago, I was up late doing my usual- reading comics in the dark via my iPad. I kept feeling this tickle on the side of my neck. Figuring it was just my hair, I tried to brush it out the way. Still some tickling. Did the same thing. Wasn't working, so I figured I'd just try to grab the strand and pull it away from my neck. So I reached for the side of my neck to grab this annoying strand of hair- instead I felt something else and it was wriggling between my fingers. Natural reaction, I balled it up and threw it down. Turned on the lights. What did I see? A balled up dead spider. Now I can't even lay in bed without first checking every nook and cranny of the bed. :cry:

evavusan.jpg

Just saw a massive one in the bathroom there. I've closed the door and told OH I want it dealt with as per this picture when he gets up. Too scared to sleep now xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

evavusan.jpg

Just saw a massive one in the bathroom there. I've closed the door and told OH I want it dealt with as per this picture when he gets up. Too scared to sleep now xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

This is too funny. I HATE spiders.

The plug ins are fine if you don't have other pets my vet told me not to use them as I have reptiles and a cat. My chosen method is a Dyson or a size 4 shoe lol

UGHHH I hate spiders!! I can do ANYTHING else, rodents, reptiles, other insects but not spiders, ohhh noooo!

Found this beast in my inside porch, right beside my front door, took me ages to pluck up the courage to walk past it to get in. I had to get a neighbour to come help, and I could tell even he was afraid!

Its leg span is literally the size of the brick!

Christ!!!! That is a big mofo! I would have to have called a neighbour aswell. I don't think I've seen one that big in real life before.

I hate spiders to not so bothered about little ones or Hampshire spiders and will even go as far as to pick them up with my bare hands ( ESP if the kids are watching I'd hate it if I passed on some sort of irrational fear to them! ) however gotta admit they gross me out its them hinged legs ewww!
Years ago sister phoned me whilst on holiday in Oz trapped out in a balcony when she'd gone for a cig because a huge spider was hanging in front of the door and she couldn't get back in, the phone call on her mobile must have cost her a fortune pmsl ( not entirely sure why she didn't phone her friends who she was staying with as they where in the house, no idea what she expected me to do about it but very sweet i guess that she thought to phone her big sis in the Uk! lol)
Lucky for me my husband has no fear of anything (Dogs spiders or mad men lol) he has hands like shovels so is a walking spider catching machine :D we live on the edge of a massive wild meadow field so they all head into our house! :-/ yuk!

Latest posts

Back