spiral nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
loo said:
Wow that looks really neat how on earth is that done?

Thats what I want to know. Do you sculpt a nail then wrap it round the straw while it is still workable somehow, or do you sculpt it straight round the straw like a template. maybe its another way I just cant think of

Looking good hun. xxx

:eek: :eek: loving these !! hurry with the tutorial guys !!

somebody post a tutotial ASAP!!! please. i need to know how to do this one

:)

hiya i think nafia is making a tutorial,i was gunna have a go but you probably wouldnt be able to understand it im rubbish with words,
but heres how i did mine briefly.............
* i put a straw underneath my free edge and placed a form underneath the straw for a bit of support
* i used quite a dry ratio to sculpt up off the free edge on to the straw,
* once i had that start off piece ,i removed the form out of my way as the straw was now stuck firmly in place with the acrylic,
* then i slowly worked my way around the straw keeping the mix quite dry ,bit by bit shaping all the time i went along...
when i had finished i squeezed the straw to loosen it from the acrylic then slid the straw out ,and filed the spiral to neaten it up ect....
you could mabey draw a line around the straw too as a guideline to place your acrylic....
or as nafia said create your spiral first on the straw and then attach to the nail,
i know my instructions are a bit rubbish lol but you never know they might just help someone :green: good luck girlies xxx

It looks great. Well done !!
lec x x

It looks brill, well done xxxx

That's really neat! How is it done?
Michele

Lovely Glynis! Do you need to wear gloves when washing your hair?!
Its a good practical legnth.

Good tutorial BTW Nafia!

emmsybabes! said:
hiya i think nafia is making a tutorial,i was gunna have a go but you probably wouldnt be able to understand it im rubbish with words,
but heres how i did mine briefly.............
* i put a straw underneath my free edge and placed a form underneath the straw for a bit of support
* i used quite a dry ratio to sculpt up off the free edge on to the straw,
* once i had that start off piece ,i removed the form out of my way as the straw was now stuck firmly in place with the acrylic,
* then i slowly worked my way around the straw keeping the mix quite dry ,bit by bit shaping all the time i went along...
when i had finished i squeezed the straw to loosen it from the acrylic then slid the straw out ,and filed the spiral to neaten it up ect....
you could mabey draw a line around the straw too as a guideline to place your acrylic....
or as nafia said create your spiral first on the straw and then attach to the nail,
i know my instructions are a bit rubbish lol but you never know they might just help someone :green: good luck girlies xxx

hi emmeysbabes sorry about just responding. somtimes i forget to check for response to my posts. thanks for the tut it was not rubbish it wasquite helpful as nafias tut is ver much like yours:)

Latest posts

Back