Spray solution for Fair/Med clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solution for Fair/Med Clients?

• Nouvatan

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • LA Tan

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Crazy Angel

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Sienna X

Votes: 35 23.6%
  • Fake Bake

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Sunless Solutions

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Omg

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 41 27.7%

• Total voters

youglowgirl

Reaction score
I have started two polls... this is for fair skin/med skin

If you stock more than one brand of solution. which would you put on a fair/med client??

For fair med I use sunjunkie supreme 8-10% and dark olive skin I use fakebake. X x

Ok thank you. Someone I know mentioned Fake Bake only yesterday. Would you mind PMing me how much they charge per litre? I did have an email from them with price list attached but it was so long ago I cant find it on my emails

I would also recommend Sunjunkie 8 or 10%:lol:

Nouvatan 8% on fair skin x

Severnrose, thank you for your reply. I also use Nouva at the moment too.. 8% for fair, just like me. What would you put on an olive skinned client that wanted a nice darkish tan. Would it still be Nouvatan?

Tantrick Essence of Summer for fair haired clients, Autumn Gold or Organics 10% for medium.:hug:

Severnrose, thank you for your reply. I also use Nouva at the moment too.. 8% for fair, just like me. What would you put on an olive skinned client that wanted a nice darkish tan. Would it still be Nouvatan?

I sprayed a lady the other day who I would say has olive skin, she had a 14 and it looked nice and natural-like an 8 on pale skin if that makes sense . To give the look of a dark tan tho I would probably use 16. I never like to start people off too high because I always think if it's too dark, it will put them off spray tans whereas if it's just right or slightly light then they are more likely to get the tanning bug and come back!

No Fresh Indulgence option :sad:

I sprayed a lady the other day who I would say has olive skin, she had a 14 and it looked nice and natural-like an 8 on pale skin if that makes sense . To give the look of a dark tan tho I would probably use 16. I never like to start people off too high because I always think if it's too dark, it will put them off spray tans whereas if it's just right or slightly light then they are more likely to get the tanning bug and come back!

Thata great! Did you see the olive skinned client after wash off? I used the nouvatan 12% on an olive skinned client, but when I saw her a few days later in the school playground, I have to admit that her tan looked slightly orange tinged...as she was olive skinned anyway I expected her to look a deeper brown?

Thata great! Did you see the olive skinned client after wash off? I used the nouvatan 12% on an olive skinned client, but when I saw her a few days later in the school playground, I have to admit that her tan looked slightly orange tinged...as she was olive skinned anyway I expected her to look a deeper brown?

That's strange, 12 isn't even that dark and on olive skin I would def say it shouldn't go orange! Is that nouvatan? I'm very surprised. I didnt see my lady after wash off (i think this is the worst part of spray tanning as you usually don't get to see the final results!) but she must have been pleased with it as she has booked another one :)

That's strange, 12 isn't even that dark and on olive skin I would def say it shouldn't go orange! Is that nouvatan? I'm very surprised. I didnt see my lady after wash off (i think this is the worst part of spray tanning as you usually don't get to see the final results!) but she must have been pleased with it as she has booked another one :)

Yes defi Nouvatan I put on her. She loved the tan.. I had a text from her, out of the blue, the next day. She said she loved it, tan is fantasic!! so I was pleased, as I say, I then saw her maybe 3days after and I wasnt too sure if it looked slightly orange. I know some people do have an orange tinge with a natural suntan so maybe she would look simular with nat tan anyway. Would you have put a 14% on her, being olive?

Yes defi Nouvatan I put on her. She loved the tan.. I had a text from her, out of the blue, the next day. She said she loved it, tan is fantasic!! so I was pleased, as I say, I then saw her maybe 3days after and I wasnt too sure if it looked slightly orange. I know some people do have an orange tinge with a natural suntan so maybe she would look simular with nat tan anyway. Would you have put a 14% on her, being olive?

Not to start off with unless she said she wanted it to be quite noticeable. I did a 12 on the olive skinned lady I was telling you about the very first time I tanned her and she liked it enough to come back but she liked the idea of going a bit darker and that's why we went with the 14. I'd say the 12 on olive skin probably gives a tan colour similar to what you would get in the summer here, whereas the 14 gives them a holiday tan without looking like a spray tan.

Wonder if your lady topped it up with some self tan? If she loved it I wouldn't worry-think we notice things more as we did it! Thats nice that she made the effort to tell you she was pleased with it, must have made you feel good.

I actually don't like people saying they want to go too dark, the lady I'm doing in a few weeks who I would say is quite pale has told me she wants it really dark and i will advise her that if she goes too dark for her skin colour it could turn orange. But if still wants it dark and she looks silly, I won't want her telling people I did it as they will think that's what all my tans look like lol! X

I use Suntana for Fair/Med and Isis 16% for some dark-loving dancers I spray tan ;) I don't think Isis are very well known but it goes a lovely brown colour, rather than orange (my pet hate lol) :)

I use Suntana 8% and my clients LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!! x

I've only used OMG so far but 9% on fair skin is coming out lovely x Ps got a trial of Nouvatan & Sienna X to try next x

I have tried la tan Sienna x nouvatan fresh indulgence. My latest trial is suntana and at the moment this has impressed me. A lovely colour. Gorgeous smell just waiting to see fade off. Fingers crossed. This was the 8 % and want to try the 10% before I decide. Think I will offer la tan for darker tans as well

I don't like suntana or omg because of the wash off (I just did 9% omg on myself to try to use up the solution as I won't use it on clients, orange! - I usually use 14 Nouvatan so thought a light solution wouldn't be ok, but no and it's washing off patchy) fair/med clients recommendation is Defo Nouvatan 8 or 10% even up to 12 if they want a little bit more colour. Hth

I've only used OMG so far but 9% on fair skin is coming out lovely x Ps got a trial of Nouvatan & Sienna X to try next x

A lighter 8/10% sienna won't go orange but can be too brown on some fairer types and look a bit 'muddy' but if you think they have an orange tinge this may be the solution.

Hi I see a few of you are using sun junkies what is your opnion on this brand as im just starting out and was looking at this brand but not much info on it around !
The other brand I have been looking at is fresh indugence but just rang them and didnt find them very helpful.
I must say I have been a sienna x fan but so many people us it in my area I want something different.;)

Latest posts

Back