Spray tan brands (Oztan)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which tan do you prefer?

• Vani-T Liquid sun

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Naked Tan

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Oztan

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Sunfx

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • other

Votes: 159 87.4%

• Total voters

baker798

Reaction score
:confused:Hi, I am currently doing some tanning from home and was wondering if anyone has used OZTAN? My favourite tan is vani-t liquid sun as it never goes orange and looks gorgeous on anyone. But I really want to give oztan a go and was wondering has anyone used it and what do you think? Or any other brand suggestions

I have been spray taning a long time now.

I like you thought that the grass was greener on the other side of the fence and so tried to find another tan. After almost 12 months of trialling different tans, I found out the grass wasn't any better, and stayed with Vani-T.

I came to the conclusion that if it isn't broken I won't try and fix it again.
I'll stick with what I know works well.

I use Oztan and am happy with it. I am not a fan of Naked Tan - too orange and have no experience with the other tans you have listed. I do like the colour of Black Magic and that would be my second preference. Why don't you get a sample pack from Oztan and see if you like it, if you don't you've only lost a few $.

I do love vani t, it always turns out beautifully. I have spoken with oztan and will be ordering some samples, 3x125ml bottles for $30 which includes postage so I thought that was reasonable

Tantrix all the way for me!

Great range, lots of choice for percentage, organic and fast tans also available.

Keeps the clients coming back for more!

I used to do St Tropez gradual tan which I found great and use it now on holiday to help build my tan up if I am however stuck in the UK I use LAUREN'S WAY, which is Lauren Goodger's fake tan range from The Only Way Is Essex, and I love it, its a tanning lotion and doesn't smell bad at all, reminds me of oranges. You can order it online and its £15.95 plus p and p which is very reasonable considering I get the same results as I would if I was using St Tropez tanning lotion at RRP £30 a bottle. You can also use Lauren's Way as a spray tan for your salon and I've heard great things about it aswell. Don't know if anyone else on here uses it but thought I'd comment :)

I have used the 7% golden honey OzTan... It's awesome on my clients that have skin type III +... It turns a little orangey after a few days on my paler clients (and me)... I also use Vani-T medium which is lovely on my darker clients... Naked Tan 8% only because some of my clients request it... Playboy 5% which goes on quite green... My favorite is Mine Black for medium clients, Mine Black Jr for my pale clients and Mine Onxy for my darkest clients or clients that want a really dark tan... I find the colour is awesome on all skin tones...

I've only ever done my spray tans with Siena x and never had a bad one as long as the right % is used on the client x

I use Nouvatan after doing lots of searches on here and buying samples. It goes on perfectly, smells fresh and clean, dries really quickly, looks gorgeous and natural once developed and the fade off is almost unnoticeable.

Before this I tried Sienna X which wasn't too bad but not perfect, and also tried Vani T which was nice but not worth the price.

Xx

I use St.Tropez ....faultless .

I use Solaire's violet 2hr range. Love the colour, wears nicely, has 4 shades, violet base so no orange and the price is half that of other ranges as they sell to businesses at the same price they sell to regular suppliers!

I've used Black Magic, Bonza Bronze and another one I can't remember now and it is the best colour i've found.

I use St tropez-the best in my opinion

I use Beach Brown & Sienna X I mainly use Beach Brown but as not many customers have heard of it they tend to want Sienna but once theyve had Beach Brown they never want Sienna again! Its amazing but not very well known, company is based in Bolton an do great deals 5 bottles for 4 working out at just over £30 a bottle, only down side is they only do two levels 12% an 14% but there beautiful tans that fade amazingly well!

Good auld St Tropez for me too.
Px

Definitely Tantrix for me! have tried so many over the years but nothing can beat it with the different ranges and percentages from 6-18%, booster drops and rapid tans, there is a choice for each client!

St Tropez for me as well!

I use oztan 1 hr tan. All my clients love it fair clients leave for 1 hr and others for 2 hrs. It fades beautifully, I tested it before I bought it and didn't do any aftercare no patchiness at all. I have used st tropez and blackmajic in the past would never go back to st tropez only used it because the salon did then changed to blackmajic which I liked but I love oztan. I only need to stock the 1 hr no one wants the development time and it looks natural I've seen alot of girls after I've done their tans and if I didn't know, I wouldn't know very natural looking.

Hi, long story short I wanted to find the best tan possible and I still am along with four other collegues. We have trialed and woren all of the below and here are the unbiased results. Bare in mind all prep, maintance was with held on great skin. These are all our opinions and not intended in bad form.

He Shi: Have been sprayed 3 times before with this tan. Hate it. Same results each time. Takes to some areas of the body better than others (same when spraying) most certainly has never taking to the legs of any person I have sprayed or myself well, sticks in the pores. The guide is alright but grey on the He Shi Gold, not much faith in deveoping on looking at the guide but it does. I stock the retail range in which the best seller is express liquid which is the same as the pro solution. I am in love with the mousse and the face and body andthe souffle moisturiser. Moderately expensive. Wear off not too bad. That is all.

CrazyAngel: Good guide, sprayed on 3x therapists all with same results great depth of colour, lasts long but worst wear off ever.

Karora: I love Karora, the biggest thing to take heed of is LESS IS MORE which is great because karora is so affordable and organic! I love its creator Karen Brown which makes all the difference even tho we met only a handful of times to exchange business. She is a generous woman to deal with. I find the guide not strong but thereis a close way to apply, the vapours are strong but smell of orange zest yum. W found it wore brilliantly when maintained one thng I would like is if an even darkr colour was created. lasts up to seven days but I got 4 days of full wear from it. Lovely packaging, won so much awards, this company really works hard on marketing which is great and so affordable :) One brand I will continue to keep.

Suntana: My favourite, Coconut, Cherry & Chocolate. Best guide ever, continue to fall back on this tan. Up to 10days wear FACT. No orange tones, use roughly 90ml per person. Extremley cheap but not for me coming from Ireland so I am sticking with Karora and researching Decadence at the moment another Irish brand. Rapid tan will not develop past coconut even after 4 hours, yet next day it darkens. Not dependable.

We're do you buy your oz tan from?

We're do you buy your oz tan from?
Oztan is an Australian product, I buy direct from the company. I am not sure if they sell overseas but you could contact them and ask Oztan
I believe the OP is from Australia too, a lot of the tans mentioned on this thread are not available in Australia :wink2: I think over here we are very fussy with our tans a) looking very natural and b) short wash off time. Because of our warm climate we are used to the look of a natural tan and aren't so easy to trick/wont settle with a fake looking one and we need to wash it off fast cause it's so damn hot in summer and you don't want to sweat it off.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back