Spray tan contour (help needed from scratch)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou x

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have been researching contouring for ages now assuming I would need to eventually go on a course but have seen a thread on here where people seem to be saying different!

So I have a few questions really, any answered would be great x

1.Do you need training or can I learn from video's and plenty of practice?
2.Can I contour with my usual equipment or would I need a small gun?
3.What do you all charge for contour tans? (I charge £20 for usual tan)

If I think of anymore as I am sure I will then I will edit as they come to me :)

Thank you in advance :) xx

Cant be any help but am interested in the replies! xx

I would be really interested to hear the replies to this too...xxx

Yup I'm interested in replies also lol sorry I'm no help tho lol xx

Haha plenty of askers and no answers :'(
I don't think many people actually offer it.
I have seen a few prices (£15 usual tan £25 contour) x

But as I charge 20 I think I will be stuck between either lowering my usual price and doing £15 normal tan and £25 contour, or keeping my £20 charge and £30 contour! x
x

Haha plenty of askers and no answers :'(
I don't think many people actually offer it.
I have seen a few prices (£15 usual tan £25 contour) x

But as I charge 20 I think I will be stuck between either lowering my usual price and doing £15 normal tan and £25 contour, or keeping my £20 charge and £30 contour! x
x

Hi Lou, I googled it earlier and there are guidelines on the puri tan website. I couldn't copy & paste the link from my phone, but I will do later when I go online later xxx

Seems like somebody could make a few quid offering a contouring course! So far have only seen guides on YouTube x

Same I think it's an optional course not necessary.
I'm qualified for tanning so assume this covers all area's! x

Same I think it's an optional course not necessary.
I'm qualified for tanning so assume this covers all area's! x

No not at all necessary but would be useful! Thanks for link xx

Thank you lots I came across this a while back (sorry I would of said if I'd realised it was same thing!) and seems just teach you!
Which gave me the impression I learn on my own, I know somebody who told me they contour so i may give them a call and see who they trained with (if any) x

I dont reckon we would need to attend a course if puri tan and giving out this information so easily. If we had to pay for training, I am sure that they would keep this info to themselves until the course day!

I have never really given contouring much thought until now, I must say, i am very interested now!! xx

you wont find much about contouring any where else on the internet because it doesnt really work that well.
it is basically a full body spray tan and then you contour the body in places with an air brush using a higher dha solution. it doubles up the bronzer on application in the shaded areas, and looks ok ish straight after application,
But when you shower off the next day there is almost no darker patches, and if it is darker where the higher DHA has been used then the fade off will be uneven,
I have done air brush contouring for a body builder, to enhance the 6 pack back muscles ect, and its ok to use like this as the bronzer acts as a makeup.
You cant really contour with a standard HVLP machine, you would need to purchase an air brush system as well and for the amount of money that costs for the finished showered off results, its just not worth it to be honest

I agree with Steve, the end result isn't that great so I wouldn't go to the trouble of getting the equipment needed xx

Oh that's a shame I would love to get into it!
I think I will still have a play around with a few guinea pigs and see how it goes :) x

Hmmm sounds like it might not be the miracle bikini diet I was hoping for ha!
Maybe worth competition/shows but not for everyday clients it seems. Lou if you hunt out a gun attachment on eBay or similar then let me know how u get on xx
Thanks for all advice xx

Hmmm sounds like it might not be the miracle bikini diet I was hoping for ha!
Maybe worth competition/shows but not for everyday clients it seems. Lou if you hunt out a gun attachment on eBay or similar then let me know how u get on xx
Thanks for all advice xx

Will do I'll keep everyone posted and when eventually get a phone-pc lead will post pics too :) x

One of our trainers in Essex teaches contouring, but Steve is right, it requires an airbrush which will set you back almost another £200. If you think you can get into the right market with it though, then go for it.

Just message me if you want training details. She's an absolutely amazing trainer. Trained one of my colleagues when we first met her, and I went along as one of the models because she was finding it tough getting her usual number of models for a male technicial. She spent literally all day with him, supplied four different models (different skin tones), and if he hadn't mastered it that day, she'd have told him to come back the next day (no extra charge) until she was satisfied that he was good enough to go out there and professionally perform spray tans.

I have not been present for one of her contouring courses but I know that you couldn't find anyone better.

I would love this for me on my face!

But can't afford an airbrush system (just yet anyway!) oh to dream......

On your face?? To enhance cheekbones and stuff?

Latest posts

Back