spray tan & polish together ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dee

supernatural geek
Reaction score
cambridge,ON canada .. but originally from uk , lo
i have searched but cant find the answer , so sorry guys its bugging me so had to do a thread on it
]right i have got 2 spray tans & 2 file and polish (french) to do , not seeing as i hardly ever do tans , i just wanted to ask all the good tanners around , do you ever do nails after wards ??
i am thinking i cant do it before obviously but then after i am gonna have to be really careful coz i dont want em to have patches round their fingers (i know i dont paint their fingers but i mean with holding them , lol) !!

any advice would be fab :green:

just be careful when your wiping the tan off their nails!

its never been a problem for me.

u need to do the tan first really so they can get dressed and then have their nails painted.

CND UV dry is pretty good though, so if you have to do their nails first use that and they will be dry enough!

just be careful when your wiping the tan off their nails!quote]

Why would you get tan on their nails? I always do polish first followed by spray and never had a problem with spray on nails.

I know it can be tricky for your client to remove clothes after having nails polished but if your client is willing they can have their nails done whilst wearing a dressing gown (supplied by the therapist), it is easy to remove then for the tan without spoiling nails.

just be careful when your wiping the tan off their nails!quote]

Why would you get tan on their nails? I always do polish first followed by spray and never had a problem with spray on nails.

I know it can be tricky for your client to remove clothes after having nails polished but if your client is willing they can have their nails done whilst wearing a dressing gown (supplied by the therapist), it is easy to remove then for the tan without spoiling nails.

but then they have to get dressed again with wet nails, which is actually harder than getting undressed!! lol.

If you spray their hands then you will get tan on their nails. and you should be wiping their nails over with remover before you start painting regardless of if theyve had a spray tan or not...

im talking about if you tan before you polish their nails.

Apply your enamel first.
If you havn't any robes, ask them to bring one.

They won't have to worry about staining it as they will be wearing loose fitting clothes after the tan.

Best to have them sit before tanning rather than after IMO.

Specifically for these situations I'd recommend[& use] a fast dry top coat.
IE: CND Air Dry - Super Shiney + Speedey.
Out the Door & NSI Thermasheild are great also.

I have never had to cover nails with any protectant & havn't had any staining.

HtH

I always do nails first then tan, but then again I use Bio coloured gel 99% of the time so it is easy to not get smudged and can be wiped after gently to remove anything that is sprayed. Some of my clients apply solar oil to the nails for a barrier that can be wiped clean.

I wouldn't tan first then do nails as I would expect the client to at least use Antibac on her whole hands immediately before nails and this may remove the tannning solution.

You could prep fully first, then tan, then a quick clean up and polish, I suppose. This would minimise the time on the nails after the tan, save any removal of the tanning solution.

I had this situation this evening. I did the manicure up to and including the base coat, then did the tan, then finished painting the nails.

I always do the nails first, just leave plenty of time for the enamel to dry or go with the robe idea if possible.

You could prep fully first, then tan, then a quick clean up and polish, I suppose. This would minimise the time on the nails after the tan, save any removal of the tanning solution.

This is the way I have always done it and as Kate says it is always more difficult in getting dressed after having nails painted and it will cut the treatment time down a bit too. I always wipe the nails, both fingers and toes when I have finished spraying just to make sure there is no residue left on them.

I guess it is all down to personal preferences at the end of the day and we all have our own ways of doing things, I'm sure like many, I find it really interesting when everyone shares their ideas on here.

Let us know how you get on hun.

Mandy

Did this today and it works fine for me................

Prepped nails and applied enhancements - but not enamel - just a slick of Solar Oil
Spray tanned the client and after she got dressed, I carefully wiped any oil left on nails and then polished her nails as she sat on the edge of the seat. It only took a couple of minutes ......... and she was swiftly Out the Door & on her way ! :)

thanks for all the replies guys , i feel a lot better about doing it now , lol

i dont think i would be as bothered if i was appying enhancements but coz its a french polish, i was a bit panicky :lol:, coz i dont want it to go pear shaped :lol:
will let you know how i get on , cant wait actually coz i will be using tantrick (yay), and am gonna do the training just so i get the best out of it
just wish i could afford the system :confused:, never mind hey , once they have the tan they will hopefully be hooked :green:

I always do nails first.
Reason being the whole sanitising etc - I don't want them to remove tanning solution from their hands! Also, I don't really want to be touching them just after they have been sprayed either!
I have never had a problem with the whole getting dressed issue.
If applying enhancements it's very straight forward - do enhancements, do spary tan!
But, if I am applying polish, this is what I do.
On arrival, I will ask them to put on their paper thong and give them an huge towel to wrap up in (I have put a fastener on it to make it secure).
I do her nails, wait a bit, then she pops in the booth, I spray her and by the time we have finished, her nails are well and truely dry!
Works for me.

I always do nails first then the tan. Gives nails chance to dry. Never had a problem, i guess both ways work, stick to what you feels best for you and your client.

Latest posts

Back