Spray tan techs, do you spray men as mobile service

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Reason I am asking is I have a man wanting a tan

Do I go and do it or not? Do you do a mobile tan service for men?

I am scared!

What do I say lol?

Thanks

I am scared!

What do I say lol?

Thanks

If you are scared then don't do it. You only have to say you don't offer this service to men for safety reasons for both you and the client.

But I have to say when I was doing mobile I did do one or two men, both were at the same time as the partner to be honest but I did them all the same. I have times now when I do male intimate waxing when I am alone in the house but I have safety measures in place and I feel confident to do the service at the time that suits the client. Originally I was only going to new male clients in the evening.. but that went out of the window when I soon realised I would be loosing money hand over foot.

Safety is paramont... and you must go by what feels right to you.

Going to a clients house that is male, you could explain to the man that you have to have safety measures in place and its for his benefit as much as your own. I would suggest that you have a phone buddy, and when you get to your clients .. just ring your phone buddy and say 'I am with my client now, I will phone you when I have finished the treatment in about 20 mins'
If you buddy does not hear from you in 20 mins or how ever long you have discussed beforehand, they should ring you to make sure you are ok.

Always leave the clients full name, address, contact phone numbers and date and time of appointment with your phone buddy before arriving at the appointment, so there is always someone looking out for you.

Don't do what I did the first time I used this system and switch off your phone so that it doesnt disturb you during the treatment.. a bit pointless having a system if its not fully instigated lol!!!

Try not to worry about your client.. but if you feel at all uneasy when you arrive then dont go into the house. Alternatively you could have someone sit in the car outside and wait for you.

:hug::hug:

I am scared!

What do I say Lil?

Thanks

This is a difficult one and needs carefully thought.
The male market is strong and could mean additional business for you.
Once you have got over your initial fears of the first few you will be fine and learn that the vast majority of male customers are grand to work with.

Now if you are going to a male home for the first time remember you have his contact details..notify a family member of your pending visit and make sure they also have the contact details.

Alternatively for the first visit try and take someone with you... you can quickly figure the guy out to decide if you wish to return again.

Just remember the guy will know you have his contact details and would have to be one seriously daft bloke to try anything on...if he were a weirdo he would not be inviting you to his home.

Initial fears are understandable but if you do things correctly and think safety you will quickly find that once you have completed the initial meet that you will feel more than comfortable as time goes on.

Think safety and implement procedures that provide you with adequate protection.

Good luck and be think safety :hug:

Just to add, you will find that the male client is usually more nervous than you,
you will be fine hun and if you need a phone buddy for any appointments like this just give me a call and i will be happy to help :hug:
(you have my numbers)

I don't know about you, but all my mobile clients are from word of mouth! So they are always a friend of a friend of a friend.

If i know the guy, or no some one that knows him, i am fine. I have refused to spray a guy that is a total stranger, for my own personal safety reasons.

x

I tan male clients and have personally never encountered a problem, you are a professional at what you do so like whats been said before he may well be more nervous than you:)

I do a patch test before each new client at least 24 hrs before hand, so therefore I get a good inkling as to what to expect....do you do a patch test? as this could be your descion point really

When proceeding though, jot down in your home diary ...address of client, a landline contact no for client and time your excpected back. If when you get there (before your foots in the door) if you feel any uneasiness dont step inside, only you can decide but I tan males and just follow the above measures.

Latest posts

Back