Spray Tanning and Laser treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottish_girl

Reaction score
Hiya all i have a lady booked in this week wanting a spray tan done and am not a 100% sure on this one

Basically shes having her lazer treatment on her lip and chin. Its on the same day she wants a spray done. She hasn't mentioned if its gona be before of after the spray so i wanted to ask on here as this is not something that we covered in training.

If its done before the spray would i do the treatment and just add some barrier cream to the area? or would this complete contra-indicate the treatment?

Or if its done after the spray what affect would this have on the tan and her skin?

Thanks x

Tanning of any sort is a HUGE contra-indication of laser or ipl treatments. the client is putting herself at risk for serious burns or side effects by even thinking of tanning. her technician should have told her this, or she did and the client isn't listening. either way i would tell her that while she is doing these treatments she should not be using any tanning products of any sort and if she REALLY REALLY wants it that you need to talk to her technician or have a note as a safety precaution for you.

If it was me i wouldn't touch her!hope this helps.

They should definately NOT have a spray tan whilst undertaking laser treatment! :!:

I have sprayed somebody who was having laser treatment but it was on her bikini line so she wore shorts so I totally avoided this area.

As you are saying this clients laser treatment is on the face it would mean completely avoiding the face and neck! And I would definitely not spray on the same day as the laser treatment.

If you feel unsure I wouldn't do it

I'm not an expert in this but my place of work won't treat people for laser if they have had a spray tan or sun bed! They have to wait at least 2 weeks after! Something to do with pigmentation?? X

Latest posts

Back