Spray tanning cup keeps falling off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancslass

Reaction score
hi all,

I have a question and a problem

Over the last few tans i have noticed when screwing the cup back on to the gun when i have filled it with solution,,,, the cup never really tightens up like it did before and the cup will come of if i pull it abit.

Im terrified the cup falls off and goes all over some ones carpet,,,,,,,,,,has any one else had this problem ........

Collin has kindly sent me a cup ring but i have now replaced this but it is still happening do you think the cup may have worn down and this is why it can not be tightened

please let me know if this sounds like any thing that has happened to you and what you did

Lisa xxxxxxxx

hi all,

I have a question and a problem

Over the last few tans i have noticed when screwing the cup back on to the gun when i have filled it with solution,,,, the cup never really tightens up like it did before and the cup will come of if i pull it abit.

Im terrified the cup falls off and goes all over some ones carpet,,,,,,,,,,has any one else had this problem ........

Collin has kindly sent me a cup ring but i have now replaced this but it is still happening do you think the cup may have worn down and this is why it can not be tightened

please let me know if this sounds like any thing that has happened to you and what you did

Lisa xxxxxxxx

Have you also had a new cup recently Lisa as I do know that there were some manufacturing issues at some point last year with these darn things..have caused us,and other suppliers no end of problems.

It could also be wear and tear..particularly if the cup gets over tightened which,over time ,can cause it to not seal tightly and loosen easily.

Is this problem causing you problems with output consistency with the solution?

If it helps I can happily pop a cup in the post to you...maybe that will cure your problem.

In the interim try wiping vascaline around the inside thread of the gun where the cup screws in...this will help create an airtight seal.
HTH

hi collin

other half seems to think its the cup as just as you think it is tight enough to spray the bloody thing comes off

i have always been carful to never overtighten the cup as charlie your trainer tought me that when i did my training with her

ill try the vaseline trick as i have a tan at 4pm im just so scared im gonna have a massive bill if it falls off in a clients house

the spray seems to be fine xxxx

hi collin

other half seems to think its the cup as just as you think it is tight enough to spray the bloody thing comes off

i have always been carful to never overtighten the cup as charlie your trainer tought me that when i did my training with her

ill try the vaseline trick as i have a tan at 4pm im just so scared im gonna have a massive bill if it falls off in a clients house

the spray seems to be fine xxxx

Well you just might be stronger than you think:eek:

Charlie hey..wow that must be an old cup now then:eek: ...time can simply wear these things down...will pop one in the post to you which will hopefully sort the problem out...till then try the good old Vaseline trick which should help a little :hug:

thank you collin

i have looked after my equipment and it has always looked after me till now

Its been a belting machine xx

While you wait for the cup why not tie a small sandwich/nappy bag over the cup so if it did slip undone you may have less of a chance of an accident-just temporarily obviously!!!!

Lisa, you are not over filling the cup are you? It should be no more than half full. :hug:

no not over filling not even half full,cup was coming off before being filled

colli has now sorted me out i hope

xx

Do you have public liability insurance for mobile spray tans? My policy with Salon Gold would cover me if the worst did happen and I spilt tanning solution all over someones new axminster carpet :eek: (touches wood)

I always had this problem with my earlex spray tan machine, just glad I did them at home, as I had many accidents with it all over the floor.

I purchased one from a DIY shop & it has worked and never fell off, I
have been usin it in my salon for 12mths!!!!

I always had this problem with my earlex spray tan machine, just glad I did them at home, as I had many accidents with it all over the floor.

Your insurance provider would not cover you for any incidents with this machine as it is meant for spray painting fences hth :hug:

Which machine did you purchase? we need to purchase a new onw....

we have had ours for 4 years and is now on the way out. you were able to purchase the special tanning nozzle direct from earlex, which is what we did, but now they do not supply this!

Which machine did you purchase? we need to purchase a new onw....

we have had ours for 4 years and is now on the way out. you were able to purchase the special tanning nozzle direct from earlex, which is what we did, but now they do not supply this!

I seem to recall it was a T100 which has now been replaced with the T200
HTH :hug:

Latest posts

Back