Spray Tanning - Sticky Feet too sticky!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always use sticky feet. I get mine from Ellisons and never had a problem with them. You get 100 pairs in a pack.
A lot of my new clients comment on how nice it is to have them as they have been to other places and got stained feet.
I wasn't trained to use them-i chose to use them as i prefer them and personally think they look more professional and are hygienic.
As for waste.... well one towel per client-in the washing machine.........wasting water and electricity :)

Have you ever read the emporers new clothes?????

lol :hug:

Just a thought that's been running through my mind....a fresh towel for each and every customer you spray tan? if you are doing as many as you say you do wow that's one heck of a lot of washing and drying each and every night :eek:

The time it must consume aside your carbon footprint must be larger than the whole of New York city combined...oh I do so worry about those poor polar bears :eek::lol::hug:

Seriously and fun aside :hug:whatever a therapists personal preference is..its... well erm.... a personnel one and quiet rightly we all do things the way we do things to suit our own methodology weather it be how we are taught or simply that through experience gained we may change the way we do things.

From a global market perspective there has however been an ever increasing demand from therapist over the last couple of years for this product..not only from us but other brands alike.

This can only continue to escalate as the product becomes cheaper and therefore more cost effective and as more and more end user customers find out about them and ask for them:hug:

I use one towel ~ two clients as I turn them over inbetween. I send all my towels to the launderette where 40 hand towels get put in one wash, or if I have less they go in with my own black clothes on a 30 degree wash and get hung out on the line to dry. Its not just electricity people keep saying is adding to this so called global warming but also land fill! And the manufacturing costs to make all them sticky feet and the machinery that has to be made to make the sticky feet, and the fuel and the transport to bring them in from china is far worse than a couple of towels!?!

This is why people are trying to push terry nappies back into fashion over disposables! You have to think about the entire manufacturing process! And I don't really care much for global warming but those that do will see that POV. This is why supermarkets are getting wrist slapped for importing fruit and veg rather than using UK producers because of the carbon footprint.

I think I did say that its personal choice but if someone so much as disagrees with you you want a battle! Its a public forum for peoples opinions ~ you just want to be deemed right when there is no right or wrong just peoples POV end of!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use one towel ~ two clients as I turn them over inbetween. I send all my towels to the launderette where 40 hand towels get put in one wash, or if I have less they go in with my own black clothes on a 30 degree wash and get hung out on the line to dry. Its not just electricity people keep saying is adding to this so called global warming but also land fill! And the manufacturing costs to make all them sticky feet and the machinery that has to be made to make the sticky feet, and the fuel and the transport to bring them in from china is far worse than a couple of towels!?!

This is why people are trying to push terry nappies back into fashion over disposables! You have to think about the entire manufacturing process! And I don't really care much for global warming but those that do will see that POV. This is why supermarkets are getting wrist slapped for importing fruit and veg rather than using UK producers because of the carbon footprint.

I think I did say that its personal choice but if someone so much as disagrees with you you want a battle! Its a public forum for peoples opinions ~ you just want to be deemed right when there is no right or wrong just peoples POV end of!

lol rest assured I have far better and more interesting things to do :hug:

The postings and observations I have made are not one of personal perception or agreeing or disagreeing with anyone specific ...but more from a global market perspective commenting on trends rather than specific therapists....you know..what is actually happening in the market place as a whole :irked:

Hopefully that clears things up :wink2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think from a hygiene point of view you need to use sticky feet.In the beauty industry we can't be all disposable..god forbid we ever have to it will cost us all a fortune we use towels for so many things.

I have personally seen a huge rise in toenail problems, fungus and the like which i never saw in many years before.Maybe that is due to nss salons or not having to go through footbaths anymore at public pools who knows.

I don't like sticky feet because i think its an unnecessary purchase and you end up with your socks stuck to your feet.I have a good layer of couch roll in the tent and people move around on that and i haven't had any complaints about tanned feet and im sure im no more at risk of giving anyone any infections than if they were to walk around anywhere else barefoot which most are quite happy to do.

Incidently i worked many years everyday in a health club with wet area and was always barefoot and have never had foot fungus,toenail fungus or verrucaes.

Ive never picked up anything more than a cold from anyone and we do get very physical in the beauty therapy industry in all body areas so no i dont think you need to have sticky feet but yes they do look professional.

We order our sticky feet from www.wowfactorltd.co.uk they are great, they dont stick to the feet after the tans is done at all. We have tried
the couch roll etc when we have ran out but the clients dont like it.

All our clients love them and we wouldnt tan without them.

Andrea

Thanks again everyone for all your interesting opinions for and against.

I will try and use up the sticky feet I have using Karren's suggestions of a dab of moisturiser on the feet so that the sticky feet are easier to remove. If they don't make my life or the clients life easier, I will ditch them and go for the towel/couch roll option.

Thanks all xxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back