Spray tanning.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leah82

Reaction score
Just tan spray tanning products and equipment.

Hi just wondered if anyone had heard of this product/company & if its any good?

I want to to tanning this sounded great especially with the product being
Scented with coconut and pina collada!!!
A friend/ Tutor has offered to train me in her salon using Fake Bake but I don't think I'll get a certificate at the end of it, which would be good to have even though she said you don't actually need one as its notn a legal requirement at the moment or something to that effect. She is a really good tutor!!!
Tried finding out about training using Fake Bake but can't find out anything on the web page. Don't really know where to start, whats needed for tanning, equipment etc so any help would be fab!!! Planning to do it from home or mobile.
:)

Just tan spray tanning products and equipment.

Hi just wondered if anyone had heard of this product/company & if its any good?

I want to to tanning this sounded great especially with the product being
Scented with coconut and pina collada!!!
A friend/ Tutor has offered to train me in her salon using Fake Bake but I don't think I'll get a certificate at the end of it, which would be good to have even though she said you don't actually need one as its notn a legal requirement at the moment or something to that effect. She is a really good tutor!!!
Tried finding out about training using Fake Bake but can't find out anything on the web page. Don't really know where to start, whats needed for tanning, equipment etc so any help would be fab!!! Planning to do it from home or mobile.
:)

I think you will find (if you are already insured) that your insurance does state you need some formal training and certificate on all treatments you offer to be covered by their insurance Leah? If you dont have insurance then its a risk you can take if you so wish (not one you should take if you are going into clients homes as you never know when accidents may happen). This option is only available to mobile clients, if you were spraying in a salon enviroment then by law you would have to have insurance which covers all the treatments you offer in your salon.

I did pm you with some details a few days ago.. but please pm me if I can be of any further help x

i contacted just tan a while ago to enquire about their solution. they kept trying to sell me their start up package and training which i did not need....their constant phone calls and voicemails was almost to the point of ridiculous even after i asked them not to continue calling....that just put me off completely!

I've tried all the above systems mentioned .. as a client .. and i must say the best spray tan i ever ever had was a Tantrick one .. organic and cruelty free and wicked !!! Google it .. worth a look i reckon .. Lovely range of products too.. and i think about 10 different shades available ...so theres no tango-ing..

THanks Guys really swaying towards Tantrick now!!! Just pmed Jen!! :)

I offer Just Tan as one of my solution (I offer others). I order from the internet with no problems and it arrives in about 3-5 working days. The solution is very good but does not suit everyone. It smells wonderful and on me it can last up to 2 weeks (of course it has faded but I can still see it). I would not recommend using this solution as your only one but I have found that this is the best 10% solution I have tried (and I have tried loads). If they call you just tell them straight if you don't want to know.

Its does look good, bit confused by all the % 's though but once I've trained I'm sure it will all become clear!! I really liked the fact that the solution is scented adds a nice touch!! Do most people offer more than one solution then? Do you have to train with each company or once trained your insured to use any?

I use Tantrick and it suits most clients except believe it or not me. Everyone looks gorgeous except me I seem to be slightly allergic and dry up like a prune.

The Mini mist is amazing although in a very small beauty room with white walls i may have to invest in extraction.

The 4 different solutions offer choice and in the limited time I have been doing it it is a distinct advantage. 8% followed by 10% are most regularly used.

I believe that you shouldn't mix the % together like some other solutions.

From what I beleive from my college lecturers once you are trained with a certificate it doesn't matter which solution you use with regards to insurance.

I would dearly love to be corrected if this is inaccurate as I am an insurance fiend:)

Hi Leah

Most tanning companies have more than one solution these days as they have now realised that one solution does not suit all skin types. Tantrick offer four varieties - 5%, 8%, 10% and 12% - the paler the skin type the lower the percentage you would use, but you will get taught all this on our training courses.

When you have obtained your certification from an accredited traning provider, you should be covered by your insurance to use other products only if their training course has been authorised by the insurance company's underwriter. In the case of Tantrick the training is so thorough that the insurance underwriters are happy for people to obtain their certificate and then use whichever solution they desire.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards

Mandy

I'm the same as Martigirl and purchased the Tantrick products and minimist in mind to use all the time but the solution just don't look the same on me or last the same as other peoples and I want a tan too. I have found that with solutions what is good enough and suits one persons skin type is not always good for the next person. If I use St Tropez the next day I will have prickly heat bumps on my legs and my top half is fine:rolleyes: . I have also found that the Celebrity Secrets solutions are very good. Try getting some samples from different campanies and trying them on yourself.

Latest posts

Back