Spray Tans... another string to my bow.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronzewolf

Reaction score
How long does a spray tan last?
How long does it take to spray tan an individual?
How much do you charge?
How much was your initial setup cost?

I may be looking into doing spray tans so just wanted some quick figures.
Like the sound of tantrick or st tropez

I'm new to tanning myself so nowhere near the expert yet.

I was advised the tan can last anywhere from 4-14 days which is a big difference but it really does make a big difference depending on how the client looks after their skin and their skin type. Mine lasts about 7 days as i'm not as kind to my skin as i should be (by far!!).
It takes me about 10-15mins to do a top to toe tan- but i've only been doing it weeks so others are probably much quicker!
To work out my prices i worked out the individual cost per person (travel expense plus solution cost) then added what i would like as a wage on top bearing in mind the cost of local salons and competitors.

My initial cost inc. Tantrick training, mini mist t200, tent, 2x 500ml solution was roughly £500.

HTH

How much do you charge?

On myself 7 to 10 days..
most clients anywhere from 5 days to 7.. (for some reason they slack off on the aftercare.)

Takes me about 15 to 20 minutes including prep and clean up. I normally book a 1/2 hour service.

$40 for a full body spray tan

My start up kit was aprox $600 (turbo pig and HVLP gun, pop up tent, 1ltr solution and various bits and pieces plus a poster)
and i payed $80 for a 121 training session.

hth:green:

How long does a spray tan last? 7 to 10 days
How long does it take to spray tan an individual? 5 mins for the spray but i allow 30 mins for dressing/undressing and chat.
How much do you charge? £25
How much was your initial setup cost? Around £550 but it only took around 5 weeks to get the money back and start to see profits

hope this helps :hug:

How long does a spray tan last? 7 to 10 days

How long does it take to spray tan an individual? 5 mins to spray. Depending on whether they are regulars. I probably allow 25 mins for new clients. regulars know the routine so are in and out in about 15 mins

How much do you charge? I charge £12.50 as that's the price that works in my area and i am salon based. I do about 60 a month at the moment but it's rising every week.

How much was your initial setup cost? I have a dual spray booth which i bought from ebay :eek:. They are 14k to buy new though so i got an absolute bargain! With solution, sundries and booth, i probably spent about £1,000 on the tanning side.

As for solutions you really have to try them out. The 2 you have named were actually my bottom 2. They may be someone elses top 2! You have to get samples and try lots of different ones and see which ones work for you. Everyone has their favourites and you have to decide yourself.

7-10 Moisturizing every day helps the tan to last longer

It takes around 10-15 minutes to spray the client

How much do you charge?

I charge 20.00 for a full body

Cant really say on here but if you pm me i can speak to you about this.

I have answered your questions above in pink, i use Couture tanning and its fab. As of next week i will be a couture trainer so if you are around Essex area pm me for more details.

:hug:

5 mins for a full body spray?!!! How is this possible?

Obviously they have to get undressed and ready first and then get themselves dressed after, but the actual spraying takes me 5 mins. :)

I have answered your questions above in pink, i use Couture tanning and its fab. As of next week i will be a couture trainer so if you are around Essex area pm me for more details.

:hug:

Hun let me know when you are up and running ...i may get a sample if that's poss? xxx

Obviously they have to get undressed and ready first and then get themselves dressed after, but the actual spraying takes me 5 mins. :)

God your poor little arms must be faster than lightning lol xxx

Hun let me know when you are up and running ...i may get a sample if that's poss? xxx

Yeah hun thats fine, as from Wednesday ill pm you to get your details to send samples.

:hug:xxxx

Definitely get a sample. Couture was in my top 2. Lovely colour and lasts well. The only thing that stopped me stocking it was price.

How long does a spray tan last? 7-10 days usually
How long does it take to spray tan an individual? 5-10 minutes for the spray, allow 30 minutes per appointment
How much do you charge? £20 for a full body tan
How much was your initial setup cost? approx £500

I'm not a fan of St Tropez, Tantrick is a lovely solution but not one I choose to currently stock. Request a sample from Sienna x as their products are fab! Couture and Sun Spa are also great solutions...oh and naturasun, they stock loads of different shades!!

Everybody has there own individual likes and dislikes so it is up to you really to try as many as you can, and make up your own mind. What one person raves about another will hate. for example I don't like Couture as when I was sprayed on my course I went a lovely shade of Tango, St Tropez looks green. There are other solutions that I have tried and not liked also but they were just as an example on me.

These of course are my own individual findings so please before you go jumping in to ANY solution, try as many as you can on someone who will give you honest critique and one that you can see regularly over the course of the tan fade, then make your own choice using YOUR research on each product.

Definitely get a sample. Couture was in my top 2. Lovely colour and lasts well. The only thing that stopped me stocking it was price.

Oh brill. I will definitely have to try it then. i'll have to find out about the prices too. Thank you for that :hug: xxx

thank you all for your replies :hug: I will def sample before i make a decision, i did not know that you could get a "sample", how does that come provided by the supplier? i was under the impression you could only be spray tanned to see the results does the sample come in a cream that you put on????

Just call the suppliers and ask for a sample.
I've had loads of samples and never been charged for one yet although i think a few do charge for a sample.

Just noticed you'd ask if they come in a cream.
No, they come in liquid form. You get a 100ml or sometimes 50ml little bottle. I just had my second sample from Sienna x and they send a 100ml bottle which is enough for me to do 2 and a half tans!

Latest posts

Back