Spray tans b4 hols abroad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazmaz

Reaction score
hello all

can you please give me some advice as to wether a spray tan in wise to have before a holiday abroad?

would the suntan lotion break the spray tan down quicker? and would you catch the sun as you would without a spray tan? and have a tan by the time the tan has faded off?

thanks maz x

I always get sprayed before a holiday but have to say that my legs only last a couple of days, prob due to the lotion, pool etc.

I plan to do another tan for this years holiday but am considering taking a manually applied tan for my legs to top them up. Any recommendations would be very welcome.

Me too :)

Myself and my friend were away last year and she got sprayed but I just used Bronze express on myself all over.

We were both the same colour arriving and coming home :lol:

I didn't go into the pool much because it was the end of the year and so it was cold. I just got a tan gradually and the tan faded as I tanned IUKWIM

Just be very careful not to be led into a false sense of secuity by thinking you don't need to apply your sun factor as much as you usually would

I even bring some tan on hols with me for a top up, but usually don't use it.

Enjoy :hug:

and would you catch the sun as you would without a spray tan?
Hi Maz,
Yes you would. A spray tan offers no protection from the sun.

HTH
jes

lots of people have spray tans before going on hols its a great avoid the just arrived look , i am getting mine done on saturday as were off to florida on monday !! :lol::lol:
You still need your normal sun protection cream as the spray tan offers no protection to UV light
and if your going somewhere really hot it wont last as long,due to the pool/sweating sun creams and showers ect
The before hols tan is becoming a must have accessory these days HTH

you can get oil free suntan lotion which would help,think its water resistant too, not sure about an oil free after sun thou perhaps aloe vera gel? personally I will be getting spray tanned and doing the above and also taking some bronze lux with me to top it up. hth xx

Having pre-holiday spray tans myself was exactly how I got into spray tanning.

Yes the spray tan fades quicker than normal due to exposing the tan to the swimming pool and seawater, but the benefit of arriving at your holiday destination already tanned (and not the pale newbie round the pool) far outweighs the potential disappointment of the hastened fading.

Taking a tan top-up product is the sensible thing to do and this is what I advise my pre-holiday clients. Applied each evening or every other evening instead of your usual aftersun lotion, you can keep your spray tan lasting as long as possible and in good condition.

As has already been mentioned, a non-oily suncream is pretty much essential, as is a nice gentle exfoliator for use a few days into your holiday, to ensure your tan fades as evenly as possible.

We hope to have both a UK and a foreign holiday this year, and I'm definitely taking my spray tan equipment on my UK holiday !!!

xx

Latest posts

Back