Starting to panic!! Help please x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frangipani.uk

Reaction score
Hello fellow geekettes,

Is anyone elses diary really dead at the moment?
We are a rather succesful salon with a good location and client base but this week has been appalling and next week isn't looking that much better.
I have sent lots a text messeges advising regulars to get there appointments in soon as we are getting full ( a little white lie) but still no response.
We already have special offers on and pride our selves on customer service.
We have had another salon relocate to a bigger premises and they have cut there prices, im starting to think they make have taken some of our ladies.
Is anyone else struggling or is it just us.
Any advice on how to get more people through the door would be most appriciated.

Carrie xxxx

I'm definitely having to chase bookings rather than expecting them to come through the door (need to keep reminding myself to do marketing in busy periods too!) but I've found facebook is invaluable. Not just my "fan" page, but my personal page too. I've got over 300 facebook friends which my OH thinks is ludicrous (as I'll add people if I've only met them once or twice, what can I say, I love facebook!) but it means that more people know that I'm a therapist - had two bookings on Wednesday purely from contacts of facebook aquaintances.

Frangipani I don't think it's necessarily that they other salon have cut prices, personally I'd rather have a treatment with a therapist I like and pay more for it than have a "cheap" treatment which to my mind would also mean a "cheap" service.

Dont worry, we are in the back end of November, at the moment people are starting to think about Christmas but in a couple of weeks when the work do's start, people will decide they just HAVE to have themselves looking their best for the office do and will start to book in.

I've noticed it's very very quiet at the moment, I'm just not working as much as I usually do! Hopefully it will pick up in the next couple of weeks :)

well I had 3 clients in total this week......dire and I'm stuggling to to get clients still! xx

I wouldn't worry I personally have my regulars come winter spring summer and I on average do 5-10 tans per thu-fri don't get me wrong I'm talking on average ,, for instance I done 12 tans In 1hr thu eve yet last week and alot of them were regulars . Xxx

Luckily a lot of people got paid on Friday - Last Friday of the month so advertise, advertise, advertise before they all go and spend it elsewhere!!:green:

Last edited:
Don't worry too much. I have found that the last week of November can be a bit 'gappy'.
I do a fair amount of ladies Nights and xmas shows this time of year and then manage to fill the gaps with special 'book tonight' offers!
Have a look about as to whats on in your area, phone around some schools and see of they do a christmas fayre and get your name on the list for next year. Have a fund raising night in your salon maybe.
I like this quieter week,,,,,,,it give me chance to brace myself for the coming madness!!!
xx

Why don't you try going round local offices, schools, supermarkets ... Places that generally have large Christmas parties ... Offer Christmas party prep parties! Minimum of 10 people and the host goes free ... Manila, pedi, tans, lashes, make up demo's?

I've just sat and text all my clients to remind them, luckily for me being a hairdresser everyone needs there colour doing now in time for a re do Christmas week!

Hth x

Hello fellow geekettes,

Is anyone elses diary really dead at the moment?
We are a rather succesful salon with a good location and client base but this week has been appalling and next week isn't looking that much better.
I have sent lots a text messeges advising regulars to get there appointments in soon as we are getting full ( a little white lie) but still no response.
We already have special offers on and pride our selves on customer service.
We have had another salon relocate to a bigger premises and they have cut there prices, im starting to think they make have taken some of our ladies.
Is anyone else struggling or is it just us.
Any advice on how to get more people through the door would be most appriciated.

Carrie xxxx

Hi

I am just down the road from you in Bridlington. This is quite normal for East Yorkshire, this time of year, so don't worry. All the caravanner's, that would normally day trip to Beverley, have gone home now. So this time of year normally drops away.
I normally get busy in December, then it builds back up towards March, when they all get back.

One or two weeks being quiet, in our area, is nothing to worry about. :)

hmm, for me; a slow month mid Oct to mid Nov - monster last week and sort of worrying when I'll be sleeping next week :eek: I think the pay cycle just hit and people worry about paying for Christmas etc.

I really do sympathise - it is so demoralising when the phone's not ringing!

Is there a niche market you can focus on? Party Season / Sparkles / Fabulous Flicks?

hth? J.

Latest posts

Back