Still have huge issues with stubbly facial hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She probably didn't want you to bleach as it would be harder to see the follicle entrance, but you can definitely trim them between as this has no effect on the hair apart from shortening it.

thanks for all the replies i have a lot of thinking to do - im planning for another baby soon, so may need to put electrolsis on hold, but will give the waxing a good proper go and maybe start treatment affter no2 baby - x

Thanks for all the replies the other day i have decided to go for the LASER hair removal.
I live in london - anyone know the best place to go? Im thinking the harley medical group in harley street?

Any rough idea on price and how many sessions?

Im going to booka consulation but wanted a rough guide

Thanks again - x

Hi, My mum was treated by the harley medical group in birmingham, she had about 6ish sessions (so took about 6 months) Think it cost her about 1.5k. The results where fantastic, it works well on dark hairs, mum had some grey ones which where really difficult to get rid of. She had top lip, chin and a bit of neck for this price. I would say go for it!!!

I had problem with facial hair on the chin and Jaw area. Thanks to laser .. its gone!! I had 4 sessions with 6-8 weeks itervals and the results were fabulous. I only trimmed the hairs so they were very short, never shaved . and i must say i'm very happy with the results. good luck

OK so ive made an appt for this thurs to go harley street or a consulation, apparantly about 4 sessions with about 4 weeks inbetween roughly, il get the price and he info nearer the time.

I have some savings and think this is essential now for me

I am confused about one thing though - after one session - (tht waiting period) will that hair grow back and i will just have to leave it?

and when that hair does grow back, will it be as strong as before?

Ta

Hey . to answer your questions, after the first session you will be hair free anywhere fro 4-8 weeks (in my case it was 8), you can have the second session as soon as the hairs come out ( ofcourse most of them, so you won't end up paying for a session with only a few hairs out, i have noticed if you let all the hair grow from the start right b4 ur first session , then most likely it will grow together depending on the phase of the hair)
not all hair will grow back, some of it will be gone from the first session, also the hair will be much finer. don't hesitate to ask anymore question :lol:

thank you so much - so will i have to let all the hair grow out before going for the first session?

and do you knw why they make you shave it?

cos at the mo - i waxed and pluck a few days ago - im going to let it grow til thurs (my consultation so they see my face) and then i wonder if they will make me grow it all out before treating me -
which will suck right b4 xmas i have so many parties!

Hi

The hair needs to be shaved so the light from the laser can be absorbed into the follicle and destroy the cells to stop the hair growing. If the hair was not shaved, it would burn only the surface hair and not deep into the follicle - therefore would not work properly.

We charge £45 for one session on the upper Lip area and a course of 6 treatments for £240 which needs to be done every 4 - 6 weeks.

Hope this helps x

yes, it is betterto have it all grow out (it doesn't have to be long) .. i would say give it a minimum 10-14 days since the last wax or pluck (depending how long it takes for it to grow out). Regarding shaving it depends on the laser machine i guess.. cause i only trimmed mine and it was fine. let me know what happends :)

well i havent touched it - i will go 'commando' on thurs (oh the joys) and see what they say - problem is i have a wedding on saturday and dont want to go with a moussie!

i think your best option at the moment is to shave it... since it won't delay your laser session this way :confused:

I know you have loads of fab advice, and I maybe repeating what someone else has already said (if I am, sorry), but if you go to your GP he can refer you to your local hospital for laser where it should be treated free.

(Credit crunch all that - just trying to help you save the pennies and all that).

I think the laser will be great for you. Hope it all goes well. xx

Latest posts

Back