Strip wax franchise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bourbonsbabe

Reaction score
I came across this franchise opportunity for the strip wax company. It is an initial franchise fee of £15,000 with a total franchise investment of £80,000 (not sure over how long). I've never heard of them though seemingly they have been getting a lot of recent press coverage. They use Lycon wax (as well as distribute it) including the chocolate wax and Soberry wax. Has anybody heard of these guys and what kind of rep they have OR have you used any of these scented waxes with what kind of result??

If you want to use Lycon, just buy some wax......you don't have to buy the company :) xxx

If you want to use Lycon, just buy some wax......you don't have to buy the company :) xxx

lol I know was just curious on this company? However chocolate wax??? Thought that was a bit strange!

:eek: for that sort of an investment you could open up a good few salons with enough change left over for a holiday in the caribbean :lol:

lol I know was just curious on this company? However chocolate wax??? Thought that was a bit strange!

LOL....only kidding.

I never quite get the chocolate wax thing because whatever way you wrap it up, waxing is not a totally pain free treatment. I guess it could work as therapy though.....every time you take a bite of choc, you get a sharp sting on your legs LOL.

I never quite get the chocolate wax thing because whatever way you wrap it up, waxing is not a totally pain free treatment. I guess it could work as therapy though.....every time you take a bite of choc, you get a sharp sting on your legs LOL.

No Kim, you eat the chocco wax so that your teeth stick together and you can't scream!!

From what I have seen of the place its gorgeous! They have done it out very very well, and even have a room for male obly waxing. I also have a feeling the same place is a lingerie shop too downstairs.

I keep getting calls off of Lycon to try their wax and they keep promising me samples, never send them then ring me again 2 weeks later! Thats put me off totally!

I dont understand the idea of a franchise with something thats not that original nor known on the high street. I think you can buy a dominoes pizza or macdonalds franchise for the same amount of money.

Theres loads of places now that do wax only treatments. Its not unique. And for this reason its not going to get any more people through the door having strip as a name.

If you have that kind of money lying about open something amazing thats got a lot more to offer to get clients through the door.

Theres nothing stopping you from taking strips idea as your own unless you blatently copy it which is illegal. But you can certainly do something similar and make yourself a lot more money!

Kate

Found the link http://www.2strip.com/ looks nice but no way would I pay £80K for a franchise! And ask yourself can you realistically charge those prices in your area? £45 for a brazilian, jesus I am doing something wrong lol! I wasnt even charging that when I was the only salon within 150 miles+ doing brazilians and had people coming from all over the country to get de fuzzed! Even then I was only charging £22 for a brazilian and £30 for a hollywood!

Damn! lol!

Here I go again, sticking my neck out lol
Never mind the 80 grand
Lets just take the 15 grand
I would buy a second hand camper van and kit it out with a spray tan area
I would have a waxing area and a nail/mani/pedi bar.
Have the out side spray painted to show what my business is.
I'd do pamper parties
tanning parties
And I'd train to do make up so I could do wedding parties
I'd take my mobile beauty parlor to game fairs, balloon festivals, bridal fairs and county fairs.
I'd do princess pamper parties, hen nights, corporate events...........
To my mind its the only way I'd do mobile again, yes its their place but its my place to with all my products, fixtures and fittings in my space.
A much better way to spend all that money IMO:lol:

The bit that amused me is that in the Franchise area it talks about how well known they are in the industry. Ermmm, I've been using this site a fair while now, i've used other Beauty sites and forums, I've been to most of the trade shows, I've read most of the trade rags. Can't say I've ever seen then mentioned or giving talks - unlike our waxing experts here.

Madness!

The bit that amused me is that in the Franchise area it talks about how well known they are in the industry. Ermmm, I've been using this site a fair while now, i've used other Beauty sites and forums, I've been to most of the trade shows, I've read most of the trade rags. Can't say I've ever seen then mentioned or giving talks - unlike our waxing experts here.

Madness!

That was my suspicion also...and I'm only a newbie which is why I though I'd ask you guys.:)

Still wondering about thw whole chocolate-hazlenut wax concept:confused: My chocoholic side thinks an automatic yumm yumm but for waxing?? For why would you want to use it??

That was my suspicion also...and I'm only a newbie which is why I though I'd ask you guys.:)

Still wondering about thw whole chocolate-hazlenut wax concept:confused: My chocoholic side thinks an automatic yumm yumm but for waxing?? For why would you want to use it??

Seriously, if you're into smells, get yourself a Yankie Candle in Choc Chip Cookie or whatever aroma you like. They burn for months and the smell really travels. That way you can just use a good wax, regardless of what it smells of. xxx

Fozzyo they did do a trade mag, think it may have been pro beauty. Sure thats where I heard about them! But your right there not exactly a house hold name on the tip of your tongue :irked:

personally i use the perron rigot wax, but lycon over here is used in some of our top waxing salons and does get good press with them,

I used to use Lycon, and then after my training with Kim switched to Perron Rigot.

I wasn't impressed with the service I got from Strip Distribution. My products all turned up taped together with brown tape, which left a residue on all the bottles that i can't get off, so the bottles look really poor. When I queried non receipt of an item it took two weeks to resolve and they were very cautious to believe me. I'm sure that generally they provide good service, but in my experience it was a little lacking.

I've used the chocolate wax, and it smells lovely. The chocolate oil is nice too, but for the therapist it can get a bit too much. The so berry is nice too, but IMO it's all a gimmick and doesn't actually affect the ability of the wax.

I have had a couple of clients come to me now who used to visit the strip bar in notting hill. The feedback I have got is that it's impersonal, "one in - one out", and that, again, the decoration is a bit of a gimmick. (again, this is feedback i have received, not my own personal experience and i'm sure that the clients who remain loyal to Strip and very happy)

I prefer PR, by clients prefer PR. my costs and timings are down, and my smile is bigger!

Latest posts

Back