Struggling with Wella instamatic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit I am very disappointed. I usually mix my own with colour touch special mix to either add pastel to pre lightened hair or to mask unwanted tones on colour changes. I know it is meant to be a filter rather than full coverage but me and the girls at the salon decided to test it out on myself! My hair was a base 6 at the root and an 8 mid lengths and ends. We used p/l to take the blonde higher then in the last 15 minutes ran throughout the existing blonde to lighten further! Lift to a 10 rather clean although slightly yellow. To my disappointment the pink dream went salmon!!! Not only that it actually lifted the root area where we had balayaged lighter pieces throughout the front. I think il stick to using special mix! Much more predictable! Also don't like how the tubes have a name rather than a number!! Curious to know if anyone has had any trouble with this colour lifting virgin hair?

Seen these on Facebook. Better results than I had. Will try again x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412020763.782166.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412020773.685271.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412020781.943444.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412020790.760216.jpg

I now don't want to try it on a paying customer lol! Will have to be me!

I've yet to use it. But after reading this thread I'm dubious.

Doesn't really do anything you can't do with normal colour really does it?

Having used them more I'm starting to appreciate them more. The colours are very muted and raw. It's good for your trendsetter clients.

Doesn't really do anything you can't do with normal colour really does it?

Suppose they're just pre-made pastels. I like making my own though because you can completely personalise and I feel really creative haha!

Having used them more I'm starting to appreciate them more. The colours are very muted and raw. It's good for your trendsetter clients.

Omg I thought you said good for trandsgender clients! hahahahah, note to self "much read more carefully!!" Hahaha

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

I tried them out at the wella academy on Thursday, some really good results. I don't think you could create the colours as chalky/dusty as anything else. I love it because it's girly, fresh but a little bit grungey. So in right now!

Omg I thought you said good for trandsgender clients! hahahahah, note to self "much read more carefully!!" Hahaha

Pahahahah 😆

I m very disappointed in them .....they contain ammonia unlike the rest of the CT range ....when I quizzed the help line I was told " yes , they re Matt gloss finish on them " sorry ?? Matt or gloss , can't be both surely !!!

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

But Colour Touch is an alkaline Demi ??

What's the reason to have ammonia in a deposit only pastel toner line?

This has made my day haha!

So. Had another attempt. Jaded green 1.9 and pink dream 1.9 on pre lightened, toned with 9/16 CT. Can barely see it! So so so disappointed with this range. Waste of money! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412844573.606958.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412848970.900105.jpg

I really like them x

Im not a fan, the pink tones in instamatic always look so faded! Id always create my own, 10/0 & 0/65 and fades off lovely and leaves the blonde hair a cleaner creamy colour!

Have you guys seen a vlogger on yourube helen melonlady. She posts a vid of her stylist using the muted mauve and another product and the colour at the end looks so beautiful imo. have a look ladies x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have you guys seen a vlogger on yourube helen melonlady. She posts a vid of her stylist using the muted mauve and another product and the colour at the end looks so beautiful imo. have a look ladies x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

And gents ;)

What a great video. Haven't tried the instamatics yet but I'm a bit excited by it. Started my MCP last week at Wella in London so hopefully will soon.

I used the pink dream on my hair last night and it looks AMAZING!

For you to get a true tuffed result you are going to have to put the hair through the ring of it. You need to lighten up to a pale yellow, not a yellow, or yellow orange. A PALE YELLOW to get true results.

wella call these Demi's (people take that as a semi) these are not a semi. Demi is a posh word for quasi.

If you have to mix a peroxide/developer no matter what percentage with any colour it will penetrate the cuticle. So a quasi/demi is healthier than a permanent but more harsh than a true semi. (a true semi is out of the bottle, no mixing)

These are the type of colour that you are going to have experiment with but the result will look beautiful when you get that mix.

Hope this helps

James

Latest posts

Back