Summer slimmers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABDiva

Reaction score
Is anyone else slimming for summer , just thought we could start a thread and share our highs and lows and give extra support. Maybe share tips and experiences.

Heres my story...........im slimming for my holiday in june not long left now so im taking the bull by the horns n trying to get the 4lbs off till my first stone ..............then hopefully try and get another stone off HOPFULLY :confused: haha

Hi,
I need to loose 7lbs to be comfy but ideally a stone.

Been comfort eating again, boo!!

Have no particular time scale though just wanna be able to wear a bikini IF we get a summer this yr lol

Oh im on a time limit ive only lost 10lb since jan , kinda fell off the wagon on my way sumwere so no time for messing about :lol:

There is a weight loss group on here.people haven't posted anything for a while though.Be good to get it going again.

I've got about 2 stone to lose,really struggle though coz I luuuurrrve my food:Love: Gonna be joining Slimming world soon and start Spinning at the gym :)

Me too, I want to loose 7lb for my holiday, never really done diets before so don't know where to start x

Im currently doing boot camp dvds to blast the fat haha.

Question tho has anyone used a slim gym and seen results? im thinking of getting one

Oooh great thread, hopefully it will keep me on the straight and narrow...

Well I'm in a happy place right now, new start, new business, nearly new man :green: so have put on a teeny bit of weight and I'm keen to lose at least 7lb - 10lb, would love a stone but don't think it's realistic - I'm too old and still like to have a little drink or three! hehehe

Damn! Contentment has a LOT to answer to! :biggrin::wink2:

Just joined Slimming World as I've been successful with them before, losing 3 out of 4 stone of baby weight a few years ago, mind you at one point that was coupled with the divorce diet, so I did lose quite a lot more!

Well I'm in a happy place right now, new start, new business, nearly new man :green: so have put on a teeny bit of weight and I'm keen to lose at least 7lb - 10lb, would love a stone but don't think it's realistic - I'm too old and still like to have a little drink or three! hehehe

Just joined Slimming World as I've been successful with them before, losing 3 out of 4 stone of baby weight a few years ago, mind you at one point that was coupled with the divorce diet, so I did lose quite a lot more!

WOw youve done FAB :hug:

Yeah I would defo advise to use slimming world. If you start now you will lost quiet a bit bye summer. I need to re join. If you stick to slimming world it will work. Ive not known anyone to not loose weight when they stick to it. There were people in my slimming group who had lost five stone. In the other group I went to there was a lady who was severely over weight beofre she started who had loast 13 stones. So it can be done. Its very easy to stick to aswell xxx

Never had a problem with baby weight ( and I've had 4!) for seem reason it was hitting 30! My metabolism just seemed to change over night!

I've lost 5 1/2 stone with the Cambridge plan and still have another stone to go.
I've taken up zumba once a week, with another class booked in for May. I just don't think I can do any more than twice a week during the summer as it's hectic at work!
I've given up alcohol too, largely because it makes me feel like poo in the mornings, and I sleep horribly badly anyway which is exacerbated by booze.

Good luck to everyone with this. As an on/off wide person I know just how it is!

Wow that's amazing lyn! I could do with losing same amount but have s severe lack of will power :( always really good for a couple of weeks then fall off the wagon... need to get going again as I am miserable about my weight..

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Love this post iam currently trying to loose weight. I have done slimming world a while ago and lost a stone n a half. I left as I can't justify paying that amount of money per wk to stand on a pair of scales. I have put back on all the weight I lost an more but I don't think I was ready to loose weight at that point. I no that iam definitely ready now.

I think slimming world is only a good diet if u stick to it, it has to be life changing.

I have started using myfitnesspal where u put in your current weight your height an waist size. Then you put in what weight u want to be. I have lost 12lbs in 5wks which I think is pretty good I have got another at least stone an a half to go before iam at a weight that I will be comfortable with.

I have found eating little an often helps.

Hope we can all get to where we want to be in time and good luck : ) xx

I've got a stone to shift before my mum's wedding in 6wks...have been putting it off since Jan and got my final bridesmaids dress fitting in 2wks arghhh!! x

I've got a stone to shift before my mum's wedding in 6wks...have been putting it off since Jan and got my final bridesmaids dress fitting in 2wks arghhh!! x

If I can loose 12lbs in 5 wks u can loose a stone in 6! But would it cost you to get your bridesmaid dress altered?? Have faith in yourself if you really want it off you will do it x

Brilliant thread!!

Well done ladies on your amazing weight loss and transforming your lives:)

I'm doing slimming world too. I had my baby (oliver) 10 months ago. I put on 3 stone!!!:eek:
Ive always eaten what Ive wanted as I would go to the gym 6 days a week to keep trim.
So far, I've lost 2 stone, so just 1 more stone to go and I'll be back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Woop woop!

If you like food, do slimming world. It dosent feel like a chore to do.

Ive been going to a spinning class once a week and zumba once a week. Love zumba- highly recommend it.
Like lynn said, 2 classes a week is all I hav the time for now. But thats abit of me time, doing something I enjoy.

Good luck ladies

Me too I have a wedding to go to at the end of May and I need to lose about half a stone eekkk.

I do go to the gym when I have the energy and I am trying to watch what I eat.

Need to cut down on the eating out which i love :cry:

Never had a problem with baby weight ( and I've had 4!) for seem reason it was hitting 30! My metabolism just seemed to change over night!

Hmmm wait until you hit 40, it gets worse unfortunately. :|

Nah the baby weight was just me eating for 10...

Every day, I'd have a Sayers cake or pasty in my hands... So I ended up going from a size 10 to a size 18 (even after I'd given birth...)

Once I got all my children out of the way (I've got 3) it was down to a serious diet and serious exercise and I lost 4 stone and went back down to a siz 8. Just crept back on over the last few years, not much just a dress and a bit size but I know how easy it can be if you get complacent. xx

Zumba is FAB!! So much fun it doesn't even feel like you're doing exercise!

Now I just need motivation to get there!!! hahahaha ;))xx

Just dance on the wii is good for getting fit whilst your loosing weight aswel an I love it x

Latest posts

Back