Sun spots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jac extreme

Reaction score
Hi skin geeks need some advice ... my mum is 65 and over the years has developed what she refers to as sun spots all over her face, which look like freckles or age spots, can anyone advise any treatments or procedures for this problem:)

Hi skin geeks need some advice ... my mum is 65 and over the years has developed what she refers to as sun spots all over her face, which look like freckles or age spots, can anyone advise any treatments or procedures for this problem:)

Hi Jac:hug:
Your Mum can try Bio Oil which eventually evens out the skin tone and is also very moisturising. It is an oil - but it has a light consistency, so is not too greasy.

The other alternative is to try Nimue skin care. They have a special range for uneven skin tone etc. Speak to Sassy about it.

Environ have just launched a new product specifically for this called Evanessence (sp) I just got a sample through on Friday and I forgot to bring it home. It has had very impressive results.

hth's there should be Environ stockists in your area who will be able to analyse your mum's skin and give their best advice in person.

Skin Doctors "Fade Away" Cream is pretty fab

Try this Jac Liver spots I personally have never seen good results with any creams,lotions and potions used.

I have ladies who have spent hundreds of pounds trying to rid their skin using many expensive products that CLAIMED to rid of pigmentation and then when all else has failed have gone for lazer treatment and finally it has worked.

Some creams,i.e bleaching products will improve the appearence but tbh this is very short term.

Lazer treatment is priced depending on size of area and usually the clinic will do a test area first.The area will scab up for a number of weeks but the end result makes this a small sacrifice,imo.

I understand it's not particularly painful and is over relatively quickly.It's something I am contemplating for the pigmentation on my face.

Word of warning though,once the pigmentation has gone it CAN come back.A total sun block must be worn at all times or it's a waste of money.HTH :green:

Try this Jac Liver spots I personally have never seen good results with any creams,lotions and potions used.

I have ladies who have spent hundreds of pounds trying to rid their skin using many expensive products that CLAIMED to rid of pigmentation and then when all else has failed have gone for lazer treatment and finally it has worked.

Some creams,i.e bleaching products will improve the appearence but tbh this is very short term.

Lazer treatment is priced depending on size of area and usually the clinic will do a test area first.The area will scab up for a number of weeks but the end result makes this a small sacrifice,imo.

I understand it's not particularly painful and is over relatively quickly.It's something I am contemplating for the pigmentation on my face.

Word of warning though,once the pigmentation has gone it CAN come back.A total sun block must be worn at all times or it's a waste of money.HTH :green:

That's exactly what I was trained Babsann, if Total Sunblock is not worn forever after laser treatment the pigmentation will come back normally worse than before.

I have seen good results recently on my mother using C Boost by Environ which is High doses of topical Vit C, which lightens and brightens

That's exactly what I was trained Babsann, if Total Sunblock is not worn forever after laser treatment the pigmentation will come back normally worse than before.

I have seen good results recently on my mother using C Boost by Environ which is High doses of topical Vit C, which lightens and brightens
Glycolic acid based products and all the other ones I have spoken to clients about,that they have used , seem to improve the age spots a little but not a great deal.

How good were results you saw on your mother??

Glycolic acids will only work well if they are at the right pH and percentage.

Glycolic acids will only work well if they are at the right pH and percentage.
Oh believe me Sass,my clients have tried everything and spent a lot of money.Ph and percentage made no difference,faded a bit but nothing really worthwhile.

Read a lot of medical reports on this and creams etc seem to only give minimal improvement,certainly not ridding the skin of them entirely.

You never know,one day eh!!!Would be nice:green: :green:

Glycolic acid based products and all the other ones I have spoken to clients about,that they have used , seem to improve the age spots a little but not a great deal.

How good were results you saw on your mother??

She has been using it since Nov 06 and it was a typical shade of age spot, it is now barely visible (although there is a very slight mark still there).

I am going to try the Evanessence on someone with a noticeable age spot and I will deffo take before and after pics.

I am now going to take before and after pics every single time I sell or recommend these products, my dad's arms are unrecognisable and he is very rarely experiencing any new cuts which to be honest is incredible.

thanks for your replies, my mum has had laser treatment to remove lines around her upper lip, it looked liked she was on 40 a day, but has never smoked, it was very successful, but it scabbed and was quite uncomfortable, so I think she was looking for a more topical answer or something other than "laser" (said in a Dr Evil voice) sorry couldn't help that one:)

thanks for your replies, my mum has had laser treatment to remove lines around her upper lip, it looked liked she was on 40 a day, but has never smoked, it was very successful, but it scabbed and was quite uncomfortable, so I think she was looking for a more topical answer or something other than "laser" (said in a Dr Evil voice) sorry couldn't help that one:)
Yes does scab quite badly,I was quite shocked first time I saw a client who had had lazer,looked like leopard spots.But now it's totally clear.Took ages to clear as well.

Yes Marti before and after pics please,would be great to see.:green:

Latest posts

Back