Sunbeds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginahhrose

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask, when your on a sunbed if you use suncream can you still get a tan? but with out burning, wanna start using em before summer but dont wanna burn!! xxx

Not sure on natural sun cream though SUNBED shops I've worked in always provide SUNBED cream. Been a few years though sure it was something like 60% of skin colour is lost without use of the cream x

ahh thanks ill google and see what i can find xxxx

Salon services sell SUNBED creams too X

whats the website for salon services? xxxx

Just take sensible times and "go bare" my rule of thumb when I used them was work in 3's so 3 sessions of 3 mins, then 3 sessions of 6 mins, then 3 sessions of 9 mins an so on until you hit 18 mins as a maximum, that way you get used to the beds, the skin has time to adjust slowly and NO BURNS Yey! Xoxo

Just take sensible times and "go bare" my rule of thumb when I used them was work in 3's so 3 sessions of 3 mins, then 3 sessions of 6 mins, then 3 sessions of 9 mins an so on until you hit 18 mins as a maximum, that way you get used to the beds, the skin has time to adjust slowly and NO BURNS Yey! Xoxo

We would not allow any of our customers to use our beds for 18 minutes in one go.

These are powerful pieces of kit. Use them sensibly.

The advise of the 3's is ok. But only do what your skin is comfortable with.

Various creams are available, and any reputable Sunbed salon will have them available in bottle size or sachets.

You can get Tan accelerators, Bronzers. Bronzing accelerators, tingle creams etc etc.

We also supply free of charge, moisturisers, deodorants, wipes, tissues, hair products etc.

We would not allow any of our customers to use our beds for 18 minutes in one go.

These are powerful pieces of kit. Use them sensibly.

The advise of the 3's is ok. But only do what your skin is comfortable with.

Various creams are available, and any reputable Sunbed salon will have them available in bottle size or sachets.

You can get Tan accelerators, Bronzers. Bronzing accelerators, tingle creams etc etc.

We also supply free of charge, moisturisers, deodorants, wipes, tissues, hair products etc.

Sorry, didn't know 18 mins wasn't reccomended, I was just going off my past experiences of sun bed use. Glad they turned off on their own though, used to fall asleep on them xoxo

thankks :) only been one twice for three minutes a time, think ill take a lot more than three times to build it up tho! :') xxx

I have been on the subbed for 6 mins every day for 10 days and I have a really nice colour. I really wouldn't ever want to go on it for longer than 6 mins and I always wear sunbed cream, I use Pro tan incredibly black, it smells lovely and is very moisturising. On my legs I use a tingle cream as I think it makes you tan even better. I always cover my whole head up (must look very funny lol) with a tshirt as I don't want my face ageing x

I like a good sunbed now and again but don't do any more than 6 mins at a time or I'd be burnt to a crisp! I'd rather go on 3-6 mins more often than 9-12 mins less often and be burnt. And I always cover my face too, don't want leather faced look when I'm older :)

I always recommend sunbed creams with ours, as you tan 60% more compared to nothing on your skin. The creams are designed to act as a reverse of a sun protecting factor SPF ie they hydrate your skin and maximise the uv rays allowing you to get darker quicker. Please note they are only suitable for indoor tanning and not outside!!!

Also most sunbeds have a consultation form to assess your skin type, the most some people can have is 9-12mins. But this varies on skin type. The laws changed so under 18s are not allowed. Always wear suitable goggles and not wink ease-as some powerful sunbeds are not suitable for wink eases! hths xoxo

Also, everyday is NOT advisable. In fact we WARN clients who try to use our sunbeds everyday! If u must go on regular the leave a full day inbetween.

The original post seemed like u wanted protective suncream ie a factor.

Sunbed creams have NO protection against UV. Whist you are on 3 mins I don't recommend a cream, when you go on to 6 mins + then look at a level 1 cream.

I would advise 3x3 mins,
6x6 mins, 9x9 mins.

Or 4x4, 6x6, 8x8 as our beds are in 2's.

Most people want instant colour and that doesn't happen if you are tanning sensibily. If you are burning change to a lower mins, as u are damaging your skin.

Take it slowly and be patient. Xx

always wear sun cream on sunbeds and try not to have more than 3 a week, you should build up a slow gradual tan for longer lasting results,

sunbeds are good for the fact that you can stop yourself from burning when your in the sun if you already have a base tan

Hi I had my first sun bed yesterday and had 8 mins which the girl didn't really warn against. I am so burnt that I cant walk properly today and am in so much pain :( is the only way to recover quicker to drench myself in after sun? X

Hi I had my first sun bed yesterday and had 8 mins which the girl didn't really warn against. I am so burnt that I cant walk properly today and am in so much pain :( is the only way to recover quicker to drench myself in after sun? X
What skin tone do you have hun 8 minutes is long for a first time user, I would try aloe Vera cooling gel you get it from boots plenty moisture's and a warm shower will help take sting out of it, maybe phone SUNBED shop do they can update your details so this doesn't happen again xxx

8 minutes for a first timer?!? No wonder you are in pain!! No way should hey have let you go on 8 mins when you hadn't tanned before. You start at 3 or 4 and work up over weeks. Took me a month to go from 3 minutes to 9!!

Painkillers, loads and loads of water, loose clothing, aloe Vera gel kept in the fridge and call the manager on Monday!

I'm quite fair skinned, but she initially said first timers should do 6-7 mins,my friend had gone before and done 8 and said she had been fine but she's burnt badly too n she's less fair than me! Could they maybe have been new bulbs? X

I'm quite fair skinned, but she initially said first timers should do 6-7 mins,my friend had gone before and done 8 and said she had been fine but she's burnt badly too n she's less fair than me! Could they maybe have been new bulbs? X

Possibly but no way should anyone be going on that long 1st time. I'm quite fair and tan very very easily rarely burning abd even at 3 minutes I was pink. Very very bad advice from them. If you ever wanted to go again I would go elsewhere

Latest posts

Back