Supplier being difficult about delivery

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails<3

Reaction score
Hi,

I ordered an item from a supplier last week. It still hasn't been delivered.

I contacted them yesterday telling them I haven't received and they advised me it had been sent and they didnt get back to me. So I chased it up this morning and they said it had been sent recorded and they have me a tracking number. I contacted Royal Mail and they said that tracking number isn't for my address. No the supplier is saying they have sent it and need to take it up with Royal Mail.

I needed the item for Friday and the supplier isn't forthcoming with any info!
What can I do. I paid through paypal via their site.

Thanks

what does tracking actually say on post office website?

If it says delivered Open an item not received case in paypal, expect the seller to input the tracking number and respond that tracking is not for your address, paypal will probably close in sellers favour as its automated but appeal it and paypal should refund you if what you say about the address can be shown as correct.

How do you mean the post office told you it was for a different address?
Was it special delivery?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

If it has been sent by Recorded delivery ( as they have said ) ask the supplier for the tracking number .

You can then go to the Royal Mail website and put those tracking details in . When it comes up with an address that is not yours you then have a stronger case to argue with the supplier

The supplier is wrong to say that you need to take it up with Royal mail. THEY ( the supplier ) are the only ones that can claim for non delivery of this parcel

Good Luck

If it has been sent by Recorded delivery ( as they have said ) ask the supplier for the tracking number .

You can then go to the Royal Mail website and put those tracking details in . When it comes up with an address that is not yours you then have a stronger case to argue with the supplier

The supplier is wrong to say that you need to take it up with Royal mail. THEY ( the supplier ) are the only ones that can claim for non delivery of this parcel

Good Luck

Correct unless it is in the contract with Royal Mail. I ordered a hood dryer online that was delivered through parcel force, they took it to a post office that I couldn't get to so said they would re deliver to the salon, it didn't turn up and they claimed it wasn't down for re delivery etc... In the end I asked for a refund of postage as they hasn't kept their contract where I was pointed to the small print saying unless it is altered by the business then all refunds must be requested by the sender x

The supplier has the responsibility to ensure that you recieve your goods. Your contract is not with royal mail it is with The supplier. Open a dispute asap if you paid via paypal.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Hi all sorry for the late reply, just at college.

They have told me to contact them through email on their website as I cannot call in the day as at work then at college in the evenings. There messaging system isn't working!

I'm not getting anywhere so I don't know really where to go with it.
I'm going to have to cancel my clients for Friday.

Will start looking for a new supplier this eve to see if I can get another rin g.

I had great reviews on here for them so that's why I went with then but will be buying elsewhere from now on I think. Unless they can resolve it and have my item with me by Friday which is unlikely. Thanks all x

I've had to contact them again this morning and they have told me I need to wait till Monday and if I haven't received it they will send another one.

It will be 2 weeks since I ordered with them on Tuesday. I don't even want to use them anymore for my services after the awful service this week.

Did you put the tracking number they gave you into the Royal Mail site ?

x

Yes tried it in track and trace and it states still in network for delivery. It has been 10 days now so pretty annoyed.

Good job it wasn't hair I needed hey! X

Make a complaint via PayPal - I did this once and to the money back.

You're totally covered via distance selling rules, as suggested open a Paypal dispute.

However, the seller, if they can prove via a mailing receipt, does not have to refund you if it has been sent and not had the item returned.

They'll also be financially covered (to an extent) if Royal Mail have messed up. THEY have to chase it, not you.

(I used to own a website that sold remy hair- so i've been on both sides of this)

I didn't want to go down the route of opening a paypal case as I don't want a refund, I just want the item I ordered as I had clients wanting consultations.

I've chosen them as one of my main suppliers for extensions and really regretting it now. What would of happened if I ordered clients hair and it didn't turn up and had to wait 2 weeks for them to even consider re-posting. It really doesn't look professional on either side.

If I ever have problems with any orders the suppliers are more than willing to help, but it hasn't really been the case and its me that's had to keep on chasing them.

I will wait till Monday and if it still isn't here then I will ask them to re-send the item as they have promised. If they don't I will then contact paypal.

Hopefully it's just a one off as they have such great reviews on here.

Thank you all for the advice. Fingers crossed its resolved soon. Xx

Im still awaiting my delivery, im getting nothing but attitude and appalling customer service from sjk

What does your tracking say today? If its 'being processed through our network' open an item not received case on paypal. Do NOT close the case until you get a refund. If the supplier dont refund in 24hrs escalate and paypal will make the refund but it can take 10 days.

If your tracking says delivered come back

It says item in network, sjk said they would send me a new ring on tues last week so I meesaged them today to ask for th3 tracking number for it to be told to ring the office, so I did that and the office is closed. I messaged them back and said it was their duty to make sure my order got to me and they replied with a sarcastic message back saying yes the order that royal mail lost. Im so fed up. I wrote on their facebook page and they sent me an email telling me not to post on there

I will open a paypal case and give them all the info. Its 3 weeks now and have waited long enough. I will never use them again.

I doubt you'll be using them now so just get your refund and find a new supplier, there's a few in that price range so your not stuck.

I have opened a case via paypal and contacting trading standards tomorrow. Never had such a problem with a supplier before.

Stuff gets lost in the post, it happens, (how its dealt with by any company cann speak volumes) take a deep breathe, move onwards and upwards. X

[QUOTE=Nails
Open a PayPal case :)

I opened a paypal case last night and they responded this morning saying that they have sent another one out today when I requested a refund as I wont be using their hair so I have no need for a colour ring. What do I do now now as I want a refund.

Latest posts

Back