Swapping to sienna x Spray Tan ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammykins80

Reaction score
Hi,
I currently use Fake Bake original but find this is not always dark enough for some clients. I am going to try the darker Fake Bake soloution but I was also thinking of trying the sienna X range as they have more variety inthe strengths of their tans and I have seen some good comments about their product.
Can anyone reccomend which Sienna X strenghts to use which may be comparable to Fake bake original and then which strenghth above that to get a darker tan???

Thanx x

Hi

I use Sienna x and i think it is fabulous..all of my clients love it!!!

I use the lightest solution which is 8.5% on everyone and i suggest that if they do want it darker then to come back the next day for a top-up.
I say this because I was told if you use the darker solution then there is a risk of turning someone slightly (dare I say it..) orange if they are fair skinned, if they have darker skin already then it would be fine but just in case i stick to 8.5%.

Hope this helps

Charley xx

p.s it smells great too no horrible tanning smell!!

Hi
Thanks for the reply, this does help a lot, it's always hard to know wht products to go for and is so much easier if you get the feedback from someone already using it.

Cheers x

Hi ya, I feel the same I also think FB doesnt seem to last as long as other makes either. I had a sienna spray tan a few weeks ago I was still brown from a week in spain but had faded a bit my technician used 10 on me which i was very dubious about didnt think it would be dark enough but it was great and I'd say lasted me a good 10 days. It did wear off a bit patch on the tops of my arms but overall thought is was great. PS I am quite naturally dark olivey tones skin.

Dawn x

I use Sienna X. The products are lovely to use.

I have also moved all my clients over from Tantrick to Sienna X and they are all very pleased with the results.

The colours are very natural when applied. The 12% is one of the darkest and is a really deep tan. I would say 10% is probably the most popular, but obviously it is a good idea to carry all three.

The after care products are great too.

I haven't looked back since changing over. I'm sure you will be really pleased with the results.

I changed form Tantrick to Sienna this year also, my clients are all very pleased with the results, they smell lovely, the guide colour is great, it has a great fade off, results are STUNNING, fabulous aftercare and totaly top class customer service.......The solution contains not only DHA but also Erythulose which makes the tan last that bit longer...

I also found my clients loved the recognition of the Sienna X name, as they had all heard of Sienna X before

Fabulous cant fault Sienna X!:green:

I done my Sienna training last week (after practising beforehand!) and have now started offering it out and I am getting booked for December already, it definitely smells better than other fake tans and applies so evenly and fades evenly too, I would be the first to recommend!

xx

...Another ex-tantricker here too. Swapped to sienna end of the summer and clients have much prefferred it! I have been able to safely use a darker tan on them without going orange!

I myself am very pale, and can easily use a 10% and go a gorgeous natural but dark colour. It gives a very 'brown' result with no orange tones.

this is 10% i think (i forgot to mark what it was! lol)
28082008648.jpg

Another ex-tantricker here too lol :green:

I use 8.5% on pale people and brides or people who are scared first time tanners.

I use 10% on most people and have never tangoed anyone!

I use 12.5% on olivey skinned people or brave people who just want to try it, everyone who has tried it loves it!

Echo what everyone else says about smell, fade etc too :green:

Several of you have changed from one brand of solution to another, can I ask your reasons?

Intirgued :hug:

O MY GOD ........I LOVE SIENNA -X !!!
I am fair skinned and use the 12% and have to say it has never come out orange on me. I love the stuff and even spray my sis (who is a red head) in the same and she loves it.
It comes out a lovely golden colour. If you send me your details i can get you some samples sent out free of charge that also come with a little sachet of exfoliator and tan extender. Pm me if you would like me to do this hun xxx

Several of you have changed from one brand of solution to another, can I ask your reasons?

Hi hun I used Solglo when i first started. To be honest i didnt know too much about spray tanning all i knew is that i wanted to do it lol
I went to the Exell show and the Solglo stand was there and a few weeks before that they had won an award of tanning product of the yr so i thought great! And got the whole package for a really good price.
It should have been with me in 2 weeks and ended up taking 3 months. (no communication from them).The trainer was supposed to turn up to train me and just didnt come and had switched her phone off.
The colour of Solglo was ok but then i knew nothing different at the time as it was the first one i had ever tried. It faded off really rubbish as it just seemed to crack nomatter how much you moisturised.
Customer service was absolute Cr**!!
I then asked sienna to send me a sample, by email. I had the sample the next day along with some exfoliation body wash and tan extender. They even sent me a little choc with it which i thought was a really nice idea.
So sprayed myself in it and there was no going back for me. I am actually addicted to it! Customer service is first class. You get response from your emails in the same day and they are really friendly. I have had no problems with orders.
Sorry hun if that was long xx

I was no longer happy with the brand I was using, brands performance and customer service.

I think many are personal sometimes too personal.

I changed because I couldn't see the colour guide in the solution that I was using, I didnt like spraying blind :eek: whilst I was waiting for a replacement bottle I had to use an alternative as I had clients booked in, on the recommendation of a friend I tried Sienna and my clients actually commented that they preferred it! apparantly it was 'less orangey and more natural looking' their words not mine...

I couldn't go back after the comments that I had been getting so I stuck with Sienna, have to say although I was happy with the previous brand apart from the colour guide I have had far more repeat bookings with Sienna - and I am not going to argue with that!! :green::green:

Well im a neutral ,happy to try and use them all and see what suits.I trained with Tantrick because of the absolute rave reviews it had on here for a very long time and still has now and i still think its one of the best there is.
I am using celebrity secrets now and thats really good too my daughter sprays more than me and all her young friends love the darker colour mainly the guide colour as it looks instantly brown i got a good deal on it but once ive used it i may try something else.
I dont actually like too much guide colour my daughter has done so many she could spray blind and every tan she does is perfect using the minimum solution and she has used tans with no guide colour at all ,but they say young minds learn quick.

I have had far more repeat bookings with Sienna - and I am not going to argue with that!! :green::green:

I have found this too Sherrie!! and alot more recomendations!

I changed over because i had heard very good reports on sienna, and I was finding Tantrick was just too expensive. It was costing almost £65 per litre after VAT and P&P was added. Wheras with Sienna I can get 2 litres for £85!

I also love the retail range that goes with it. its nice to offer my clients the sachets as a treat. they like it too! they cost me next to nothing, and because im paying alot less for my solution i can afford to make then think they're gettin a little freebie!

As sherrie has said, the guide colour is fab, i have found myself using alot less solution because the guide is very visable.

this thread should shed some light on what people like about the solution they use;
http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/80960-spray-tan-solution-do-you-use-new-poll.html

We use Sienna at college (and Ive trained with Tantrick) and I have to say I do prefer Tantrick as I find Sienna make's my skin really really itchy, and no matter how much I scrub and moisturise I get itchier as the week goes on (a few others at college are the same), plus last week after a spray tanning session at college I found my eyes were really itchy and stingy too. So I'll be sticking to Tantrick.

My advice would be request some samples from Sienna before you commit, and some other companies at least then you can test the products out first and form your own opinion.

Latest posts

Back