taking length down, to file or clip that is the question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzwee

Ice Hockey Geek
Reaction score
hello peeps! i did a re blance last night.. she wanted the length taken down quite abit cause they had grown quickly.. I used my white tiger file (ez flow) to do this. I find filing the length down soooo boring. does everyone else file the nails down or can u use the clippers? if so how? :rolleyes:

This is when i resort to a brand new 100 grit file. I always shorten after i rebalance/fill, supporting the nail quite firmly.

hello peeps! i did a re blance last night.. she wanted the length taken down quite abit cause they had grown quickly.. I used my white tiger file (ez flow) to do this. I find filing the length down soooo boring. does everyone else file the nails down or can u use the clippers? if so how? :rolleyes:
hi im emily ... if ur usin lnp i would never clip because u might get cracking n that will just cause u more hard work just stick to using a good file n if they r using solar oil reg your file work wont be as hard.. xxxxx

I use my tip cutters to take the length down on myself when soaking off a set but they tend to crack the acrylic, so best advice would be to bear with the filing and use a new file as Nailzoo says. Boring but gives the best result!

I put my thumb on the nail wih my finger underneith so as not to cause stress to the natural nail. With a nice new file and a side to side action the length comes down easily, hth's x x x

File everytime....using any kind of clippers will morethan likely crack the tip and weaken the overall strength. I have done it previouslt, and when you hold the finger up to the light, you can see the splinter cracks. Best just to spend an extra couple of mins to save future work!

HTH's x

i did a re blance last night.. she wanted the length taken down quite abit cause they had grown quickly.
One of my NNO clients insists on going 3 weeks between rebalances, she should be a 2 weeker because her nails grow like they've been stuck in manure :wink2:
She has the length taken down every time, quite short (due to the rate of growth).

It's important that we file the length down as opposed to clipping. Clipping creates micro shattering/fractures in the enhancement, we rebalance the nails and apply new product but the micro fractures are still there, this will weaken the enhancements and you'll end up with more problems than you can shake a stick at!

never clip them.... tip cutters are just that for cutting tips down before any product is applied and like everyone has mention you could crack or shatter the l&p

your white tiger is the correct file to use

heres what i do, hold the file at the 'square' end the then place the middle section (the widest bit) against the nail the using small side to side motions the nails will be filed down in no time, i also hold my thumb over the top of the nail and my other finger under to support it when filing
if you are finding its taking you a long time you may need a newer file ;)

Jess
xox

Ah good point hun,Geeg does explain how to do it correctly though interesting reading that,thanks for the link x

I have nipped them down before now i just take it nice and slow and work my way around or use a new file that always help with speed.

Latest posts

Back