Tan nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caro

Reaction score
I've just had a client contact me to say the side of her fingers and wrists are badly stained and what can she do? I've suggested exfoliating ...I've never had this problem before and used barrier cream and the wipes at the end of the tan.

Did she moisturise and exfoliate pre tan.

I have really dry wrists and hands and when I forget to be extra cautious on those areas pre tan I always end up with stained wrists and fingers.

She needs to get a fibre cloth and moisturise and exfoliate. She can try whitening tooth paste or lemon to try and remove the staining. X

Thanks for the quick reply....

She's now saying it's not taken anywhere apart from her hands???? I've booked her back in tonight for a respray....

Ask for a picture. Ask her If she used any moisturisers before her tan and what she washed her tan off with.

Don't give her a free re-spray till you have seen her and found out what she has done with herself.

If you have had no problems with other clients then investigate to see if it is actually your fault.

I've contacted Sienna who are checking the batch number for me and I've just spoken to my last client who had 12.5% and she was pleased with the colour. I'm seeing the client tonight to assess the tan and will take it from there .... First complaint in 18 months of tanning - a little unerved!

Thanks again.

I too would ask for a photo before you go round there.
I find it hard to believe that it hasnt taken ANYWHERE apart from her fingers and wrists.
I might be wrong, but it sounds to me like she did something wrong pre-tan and has had to exfoliate it all off and is now hoping for a (possibly free) respray. Plus-be wary if this is the case, as you will be able to see if the tan did take and she has tried to scrub it off.
Good luck
x

Latest posts

Back