Tanning: do you dry clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanning: do you dry clients?

• Yes

Votes: 154 75.1%
  • No

Votes: 51 24.9%

• Total voters
I only use the hose if the tan puddles anywhere...in wrinkles, cleavage etc...but I learned a valuable lesson yesterday...always tell the client you have the hose and are about to use it ;). I was so immersed in my tan that when I spotted a little wet spot on my lady's chest I automatically pulled the hose out of the gun and started to blow it dry without warning her!! She literally jumped into the air as though I'd shot her!! She did laugh about it once she'd got over the shock and I guess when you're busy and do the same thing over and over all day it's so easy to forget how nervous some clients are. Nonetheless my mistake and it'll teach me not to do it again. Still giggling though!

Yep I dry too.

Perfect chance to check without actually saying that you are double checking and I too have had clients say "never had this before, it's much better"

So why not :)

Yes I dry , I trained with Sienna X and we were taught to, as others have said it gives you a chance to check the tan and clients like it too x

I always dry them after x

I always give my clients the hose when I'm finished and let them dry themselves means they can dry were. Feels tacky and heat themselves up
This is what I do as well :) It's a bit more comfortable to do it themselves. They're already standing pretty much naked in front of you, they dont need the bits of fat/skin wobling around in front of you from the air pressure lol And they take under 5 mins so it doenst take too much time.

I always dry but its not really necessary but i use this as an opportunity to go over aftercare. I always dry immediately after doing under boobs & under chin just to stop shadows occurring x

I rarely dry clients. After checking them over to ensure evenness they are usually ok to get dressed. Occasionally if they've had an extra coat on the face I'll dab/hose their cleavage to get the excess thats landed there - after checking with them that they don't mind X

I dry my clients even though the product and gun I use mean the client is almost 100% dry by the end. The heat from the dryer helps activate the tan.

I always do, I hate having a spray tan and feeling wet and horrible, Its just that little finishing touch at the end of the Tan lol x

I was taught to do this by Nouvatan and they seem to like it

plus it speeds up dressing time

I spray the back first so by the time I'm done, it's only really the front that needs help with drying as the back and sides are done by then x

I trained with Sienna X and was taught to dry. When I first started out I was using a cheaper machine that blew out cold air so I have them a quick blast with a hair dryer :) now I've built myself up more I have a better machine and use the hose xx

yes def dry your clients, you should ask if they feel sticky anywhere while giving the whole body a quick dry, although usually its the last place you spayed thats still a little sticky. I have a few clients who like their knees dried completly and I personally like to dry under their arms before they put their arm next to their body to stop it tranferring onto each other.
hope this helps
Stevie @ VIESHA

Yes I always dry too :)

I always dry clients with the hose too!

Every reply except one I think say they dry their clients.

I have never heard of this being done before.

I trained with St Tropez and have the Ultimate Air booth/unit, I spray the client with either St Tropez solution or Nouvatan.

The air that comes out from the gun is actually cold!!

I have never dried a client with any means and both solutions are ready to go straight away.

Warm air sounds quite nice ...

I give them the hose, tell them to dry themselves off, especially if they have sticky feeling bits anywhere (under arms, elbows etc). As a client I would rather do it myself than have someone stand there and blow hot air at me lol

I do this - but not to dry, just to warm them up. Especially now the temperatures dropped and the solution is cold from being in my car. It's a nice little treat after having cold solution sprayed at you to get warmed up at bit. x

On the whole I don't dry clients as they are very rarely still wet once I have finished, but I always offer and they normally refuse as they can't believe how dry they are with my tans. Pretty much every new customer I have tells me how wet and tacky they have been after getting a tan elsewhere and are very shocked at how a tan can and should be done :D

I've recently trained with Exposed and had my first ever spray tan when training, I loved the feeling of the warm air so I do it with my clients to remove tackiness...they are never soaking, to warm them up and check tan. All clients have loved this so far xx

i have dried on occasion, but rarely need to.
Dont think i could give clients the hose and say dry yourself though, youve just sprayed them but dont think they would feel comfortable with you drying them?

Latest posts

Back