Tanning: do you dry clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanning: do you dry clients?

• Yes

Votes: 154 75.1%
  • No

Votes: 51 24.9%

• Total voters
Hi everyone
This is my first post! But this thread caught my eye and I had to add to it.....about a year ago I started a new client who's therapist had gone on maternity, so she started coming to me for her monthly tans. I sprayed her evenly and lightly as normal and finished going over her with just the warm air to warm her up, not to dry her as I do agree with a previous comment that, if sprayed properly a client shouldn't be wet. I turned the machine of and she asked me..."do you talc me" I was slightly puzzled and asked what she ment, so she explained that, her previous therapist would finish with sprinkling talc over a feather duster and then lightly going over her with it! Well I had to giggle but, I didn't think it was to out of the way to give it a go, and get it for her, for next time. Before she came in again me and my colleague tried it on each other and well, I would never tan without talcing after again! It's great, takes away a lot of the smell of tan, the stickiness from the aha, sets the tan helping to stop rub marks and you just feel fresher! It's just a dusting but it really makes a difference and the clients LOVE it! They always comment on the benefits!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi everyone
This is my first post! But this thread caught my eye and I had to add to it.....about a year ago I started a new client who's therapist had gone on maternity, so she started coming to me for her monthly tans. I sprayed her evenly and lightly as normal and finished going over her with just the warm air to warm her up, not to dry her as I do agree with a previous comment that, if sprayed properly a client shouldn't be wet. I turned the machine of and she asked me..."do you talc me" I was slightly puzzled and asked what she ment, so she explained that, her previous therapist would finish with sprinkling talc over a feather duster and then lightly going over her with it! Well I had to giggle but, I didn't think it was to out of the way to give it a go, and get it for her, for next time. Before she came in again me and my colleague tried it on each other and well, I would never tan without talcing after again! It's great, takes away a lot of the smell of tan, the stickiness from the aha, sets the tan helping to stop rub marks and you just feel fresher! It's just a dusting but it really makes a difference and the clients LOVE it! They always comment on the benefits!

Wow I haven't heard of this either and I've been spray tanning for years! Is it just regular unperfumed talc that you use? I might just have to give this a go!xx

I always give my clients the hose when I'm finished and let them dry themselves means they can dry were. Feels tacky and heat themselves up

Same here, they can tell where they need it most and can take as long as they need.

Hi everyone

.... Iv never heard of talc after tanning - anyone else do this?
but I always warm up my clients ... And its def more a warm up than dry off - as they are usually dry anyway esp in summer ... Also Gives me chance to check their tans before they go ...

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I've heard of using it underarms after to stop sweating. But I've never heard of using it all over :-/ think I'll stick with my hose though x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yep was taught to use the warm air from my hose when checking over the client afterwards. Clients love it!

I always dry clients. A nice touch after iv blasted them with tan straight out the fridge. Although it isn't necessary aaas sienna x dries instantly xxx

Yes, I have always Blown the hot air over them after their spray tans, like others have said here.. not for the purpose of drying them but to warm them up and make them feel a little more pampered.. also helps them to get dressed a little quicker as the tackiness of the spray is reduced with the warm air!

Each client ive had has commented how nice it is to be warmed up afterwards! xxx

I work in a hair/beauty salon and we use a hair dryer! When it's a new client we just say 'I'm just gonna give you a quick going over with the dryer so you don't have to stand in the cold waiting for the tan to dry before getting dressed' so they don't feel like we're trying to rush them out.
In the last salon I worked in we had built in spray tan rooms which were tiled and had underfloor heating and all that jazz and we left them to dry with that on.

I've never even heard of drying clients off afterwards but it seems such an obvious yet good idea!

Laura xx

Yes I have always dried clients after a spray tan, using the warm air from hose. So many clients come and stay with my service because they have never been dried before and prefer it this way so much.

No I don't find I need to. By the time I've sprayed and checked coverage all over, the mist has long dried up

No I don't find I need to. By the time I've sprayed and checked coverage all over, the mist has long dried up

I don't need to either but I use it as my excuse for a quick check over ;) lol also warms them up a little after the cold air haha xxx

I use the warm air out of the hose if needed.

But don't say what I did when tanning a make client!
"All done just let me quickly blow you off" 😳

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I use the warm air out of the hose if needed.

But don't say what I did when tanning a make client!
"All done just let me quickly blow you off" 😳

Haha did you make him pay for the added extra ;) xx

Haha did you make him pay for the added extra ;) xx

I was mortified! Luckily he found it hilarious! I'm always saying embarrassing things! X

Every reply except one I think say they dry their clients.

I have never heard of this being done before.

I trained with St Tropez and have the Ultimate Air booth/unit, I spray the client with either St Tropez solution or Nouvatan.

The air that comes out from the gun is actually cold!!

I have never dried a client with any means and both solutions are ready to go straight away.

Warm air sounds quite nice ...

Yes I don't have the option of the warm air either as I trained with st tropez and now have an itan machine, cold air ;)

i offer fake bake spray tans
what i do is once im done i pull the hose out my gun and hand it to the client so they can dry where they feel wet while they do that i empty my left over solution back into the bottle then fill my gun with cleaner so once they are done i can give my tent a quick hose down before i go over it with the towels i bring before i put it all away
so far i haven't had a single complaint!
also quick tip if you have larger or older clients
if they get creased like on their knees or ankles get them to bend it so the skin stretches, spray as normal then pull your hose off and dry it
this way the tan sets in place and they dont get white lines
just thought i would pass that on as it used to be a problem for me
hope i helped some how :)
xxx

Latest posts

Back