Tanning & eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely!

I had a client who wanted an eyebrow wax and a tan, I said I could do one or the other (but not both) and if she was happy to wait the time between the two then it would be waxing first then tanning 48 hours later. The client decided that her eyebrows were a priority and I was happy to lose out on the tan (even though I would earn more from it).

I've had other therapists say that they just put a bit of barrier cream over the waxed area but I point blank refuse to.

I don't mix any eye treatments with tanning, even lash lifting, it's not worth the risk.

Personally I think waxing eyebrows an lash extensions are a complete different matter! Waving eyebrows open pores which would allow tan to get in. You shouldn't put makeup on them for 24 hours so neither should tan. Plus it probably wouldn't take as well or take too well and be a different colour!

A lot of my tanning clients ask for their face to not actually be tanned.xx

I've done lashes followed by a tan so many times with no problems at all.
So if you are worried lashes will fall off they won't.

If you think it will invalidate your insurance then how can you then use a nano mister to cure lashes using distilled water because technically you are getting them wet - just throwing that it there

In my opinion go ahead and lash and tan.

Latest posts

Back