Tanning hairy men :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salpep

Reaction score
I was with a client today giving her a spray tan and she asked if next time I would spray her husband too...(no problem very nice couple)

However I have never sprayed a guy before, so I have a few questions:

Will the spray actually be even, if the guy is very hairy?
Is it quiet wasteful in regards that some of the tan is going to be sitting on his hairs? god this sounds so awful but I need to ask lol

How do you wipe the tan off the hairs after..Just couch roll? :biggrin:

xx

Ok, I have never tanned a very, very hairy man before but I have tanned a fair few men, I havent ever had a problem with hair and tan as I would a lady. I have never had to dab the hairs off after. Maybe I have been fortunate lol but I would have thought that if they were that hairy they wouldnt bother with a tan anyway as it wouldnt show lol.

The air tends to blow their hair out of the way whilst you are spraying them and gets the solution to the skin. I do tend to spray quite dry though, may be more of an issue if you spray quite wet?

If he is very hairy just spray upwards as opposed to downwards this parts the hairs more, so the solution catches the skin and not the hairs.

We recommend to spray from the top and work your way down. If he is very hairy do a light second mist over areas like the legs and work a little closer than you would on a women. I have worked on men of "various" levels of hairiness and never had an issue with it being "patchy"!!! I'm sure you will be fine - good luck!!

My poor suffering boyfriend has had to be my guinea pig for lots of treatments including spray tanning. He's quite hairy but as Jaffacake said I spray very, very dry so I don't have any problems with over-spray. I have to say I haven't had any problems and the tan has always looked great on him. In fact he was very hesitant at first about being spray tanned, said his mates would kill themselves laughing if they ever saw him... So I sent him out to get some bottles of wine on New Years eve and he bumped into 4 of his work colleagues!! hahaha, they all asked where he'd been on holiday! Since then, I reckon he secretly loves 'em now! :wink2: :p

[email protected] sure men like all this beauty stuff, they just don't want to admit it :)

Thanks to everyone for the info .. I shall use all your info you gave me (spraying slightly upwards sounds like it could work) It will be interesting to do this tan on a hairy person just to see how it turns out...:)

Thanks again xx

Latest posts

Back