Tanning larger people

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shel84

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering what you do when spraying larger people - as in sometimes with a larger person even when they stand with their legs parted their thighs still touch together and even with their arms held out/up there is still flesh that touches around their under arms etc where it gathers solution, I have tried patting with mitt and drying area with machine but where the skin is touching other skin it leaves a mark.

Hi its Dawn not Steve, need to change the name but dont now how. Anyway back to your question, its the same as the sun tans people! You tan what you see so if they are on the large side dont ask them to lift those areas up as they would'nt sunbathe like that and if you were to tan under say the breast area, creases of the arms etc. It wouldn't take in those areas as the skin would perspire therefore not allowing the tan to develope.
Hope this helps

Hi dawn, thanks for the reply. Its not so much not being ableto spray certain areas that i am finding the problem with, its more that when i have sprayed areas like the thighs where they touch together and the inside of the arm where the person is larger the skin touches other skin on their side of torso and leaves a mark and im worried it'll go patchy or leave a mark (hope that makes sense!)

You could try blowing the air from the gun straight after you have sprayed any awkward areas.
I get larger ladies to bend to the side etc... to cover any 'folds' and this works well.
I find a lot of my clients with a larger bust like to be tanned underneath the bust too.
I have a rolled up towel which i get them to hoist up their bust with so i can spray underneath and they can hold onto the towel for a while till it dries.

I know what you mean when you tan the back of the arm and it does seem to come away from the body? All you can do is the best you can with what you can get to. I have big thighs! ( bain of my life) and when I get a tan done I wait until it dries, then put a pair of joggers on so its not skin on skin if you know what I mean.:hug:

Thanks for the advice guys :hug:

Hi,
I like the rolled up towel idea.....will use that.
I had my biggest lady the other night, her tummy was like an apron, such a shame, but she wasn't bothered, so I got down on my knees and sprayed under her tum, I use an old big blusher brush to blend out any runs.
My clients seem to like this as they say other salons leave them with runs and say it will be ok.
I use a hairdryer to dry them off, I do it for 2 - 3 mins then let them do it for a couple of mins while I tidy up, then tell then they are ok to dress.
So many times I even dress them :lol:. All part of the service.
No complaints yet.
Lotsa luv x x x :hug: x x x

Luv the towel idea! Thanks for that!

I personally don't like the towel idea, as a larger chested lady I would find it quite embarassing.JMO. I was trained to in this instance tan the tummy area first with the clients bra left on.....this area can then fully dry while you spray the legs. Then remove the bra and continue to spray the remainder of the body as normal.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have quite a large chest myself and have always been asked to hold them up while then tan underneath and this is also how i have been trained which i have no problem with however i guess it depends on the person and i think i would prob only use a towel on a client i knew already - good idea though.......

Hi, I was wondering what you do when spraying larger people - as in sometimes with a larger person even when they stand with their legs parted their thighs still touch together and even with their arms held out/up there is still flesh that touches around their under arms etc where it gathers solution, I have tried patting with mitt and drying area with machine but where the skin is touching other skin it leaves a mark.

Try getting them to put one leg forward - this often seperates the thighs.:hug:

I personally don't like the towel idea, as a larger chested lady I would find it quite embarassing.JMO. I was trained to in this instance tan the tummy area first with the clients bra left on.....this area can then fully dry while you spray the legs. Then remove the bra and continue to spray the remainder of the body as normal.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm large busted too so i know how it feels. I always ask first if they want under the bust doing and if they want their smile lines done too.
I find my clients like using the towel method. Some people can get embarrassed just standing there half dressed but i think it helps that i'm big busted too as we usually have a laugh about it.
I actually find that my larger ladies and larger busted ladies are less self-conscious than the smaller ones!

Do you mean you get dark brown marks where the bronzer rubs on the skin?

When I do larger ladies or ladies with a big bust, I get the client to lift their arms up and then spray underneath with solution, dry with my hose then spray talc under using the air from the gun to prevent sweating and stop rubbing. I do this under the arms too especially if the arms rub against the skin.

For Thighs I ask them to pop their leg to the side and spray and dry again. If you get the dark marks, next time I apply talc again and this has prevented the marks appearing.

I don't like the towel idea I find the clients feel uncomfortable and for some clients it takes a lot of courage for them to have a tan in the first place.

HTH

Kate

Do you mean you get dark brown marks where the bronzer rubs on the skin?

When I do larger ladies or ladies with a big bust, I get the client to lift their arms up and then spray underneath with solution, dry with my hose then spray talc under using the air from the gun to prevent sweating and stop rubbing. I do this under the arms too especially if the arms rub against the skin.

For Thighs I ask them to pop their leg to the side and spray and dry again. If you get the dark marks, next time I apply talc again and this has prevented the marks appearing.

I don't like the towel idea I find the clients feel uncomfortable and for some clients it takes a lot of courage for them to have a tan in the first place.

HTH

Kate

I really like the talc idea:hug:, have to say though from my own experience, I, like Angelina, find that large busted ladies are less shy about their boobs then smaller women, whether that's because they are more used to them being the center of attention, or its just that they are used to dealing with the day to day problems, I couldn't say, but the 3 larger ladies I've done have just automatically held their boobs up and carried on chatting while I sprayed down the rest of their bodies :confused:

I really like the talc idea:hug:, have to say though from my own experience, I, like Angelina, find that large busted ladies are less shy about their boobs then smaller women, whether that's because they are more used to them being the center of attention, or its just that they are used to dealing with the day to day problems, I couldn't say, but the 3 larger ladies I've done have just automatically held their boobs up and carried on chatting while I sprayed down the rest of their bodies :confused:

I find those with a larger bust tend to have had kids. And I think any of us with kids now think 'what the hell' about our bodies since having them! :green:

I would be careful with the blowing the talc, this could be a H&S issue as the particles can be inhaled/injested.

I usually leave bra on, spray and dry, move to another area, then remove bra to spray chest.

Legs, clients have to stretch legs out, I explain that that skin to skin contact can affect the tan before I start spraying....

Plan the tan according to client & explain all beforehand.

Thats why its vital to get them to close their eyes and hold there breath. Talc is pretty safe if its for babies, although I know regular use on genitals in babies has been linked with cancer. The risk is very small though perhaps more a sneezing hazard than anything else :green:! I have the worlds most sensitive sinuses and I need to get them cartherised but too scared so I just put up sneezing regularly!!

x

The thing with the talc is the lungs, even when holding breath the particles are still airborn in the area after.

The thing with the talc is the lungs, even when holding breath the particles are still airborn in the area after.

There is that but the danger over talc on the lungs was when talc used to contain asbestos, which has since been removed altogether.

You can use cornstarch though instead which is a safer alternative, but dosn't smell as nice :green:!

But yes I do agree caution should be held especially around asthmatics (and sneezers)!

xx

As a larger lady I would want under my boobs done as otherwise half my stomach would be white, and then when I put my bra on it would look REALLY weird! LOL

Latest posts

Back