Tanning problem!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherry1401

Reaction score
Hi all need advice. I had a booking for Fri which i done. She called on Saturday saying she wasn't dark enough, so i re sprayed her again FREE OF CHARGE ( like a fool) all fine not heard from her till about 5 mins ago. Called to say that all the tan had came off. She had left it on for over 24hours, thinking she would go dark!

I just dont know what has happened, she said she has done all what i told her to do post and pre tan care gave her my leaflet to read also, but i dont know.

Please help!

C.xx

Hi all need advice. I had a booking for Fri which i done. She called on Saturday saying she wasn't dark enough, so i re sprayed her again FREE OF CHARGE ( like a fool) all fine not heard from her till about 5 mins ago. Called to say that all the tan had came off. She had left it on for over 24hours, thinking she would go dark!

I just dont know what has happened, she said she has done all what i told her to do post and pre tan care gave her my leaflet to read also, but i dont know.

Please help!

C.xx

Hi Cherry,

Has this customer had a 12% before or was this her first time??

Hi i only gave her a 10% and it was her first time using Sienna, she likes being really dark i was not prepared to give her 12% straight away. Told her that she might go orange! she was not bothered.

Just dont know what to do.

C.x

Hi i only gave her a 10% and it was her first time using Sienna, she likes being really dark i was not prepared to give her 12% straight away. Told her that she might go orange! she was not bothered.

Just dont know what to do.

C.x

Well firstly i do think you have acted responsibly here in applying a 10% solution first..
The turning of orange is,generally speaking DHA overload...so if she has coped with the 10% without the symptoms of DHA overload...then you might want to give the 12 % a try...as you have already done so explain to her the possibilities of the overload :hug:

You have certainly done things the right way thus far..well done :hug:

Well firstly i do think you have acted responsibly here in applying a 10% solution first..
The turning of orange is,generally speaking DHA overload...so if she has coped with the 10% without the symptoms of DHA overload...then you might want to give the 12 % a try...as you have already done so explain to her the possibilities of the overload :hug:

You have certainly done things the right way thus far..well done :hug:

I use the 12% in this solution and my skin is quite fair. It comes out lovely and the colour seems to last longer than the lighter ones.
All i would say is defo only put 1 coat on the face as it seems to collect in the middle of the face and can look a bit orange. One coat here and you will be fine! xxx

Hey thanks for gettin back to me, can you maybe explain why this has happened, why the colour has gone, dont know what to do should i give her another free tan? how long should i wait?
AAARRRGGGHHHH!!

C.xx

Hi hun,

Did you spray her naked or was she wearing anything? Sometimes when you spray naked the client thinks that the tan is not dark enough due to the absence of any "white marks".

Jenni
xx

She had the very nice black paper thong on. I saw her lines yesterday but she wasn't dark enough so i re sprayed her for free but it has all came off, dont know what to do for the best!
C.x

Hey thanks for gettin back to me, can you maybe explain why this has happened, why the colour has gone, dont know what to do should i give her another free tan? how long should i wait?
AAARRRGGGHHHH!!

C.xx

It's a pain in the a*** because clients will never admit to what they have done wrong and seem to put all the blame on us!
Sounds to me like there must have been some kind of barrier to the tan. She must have had some moisturiser on that she is not telling you about.

I really dont see why you should have to do her another one for free. But I probably would. But what i would do is tell her you will exfoliate her before hand. Then you know everything has been done properly. Try to do it in the morning and tell her to wash it off before she goes to bed.
Make a point of telling her 'if you do not follow my aftercare then this will happen again and there will be nothing i can do' .
Let us know how you get on.
Good luck hun - sure you wont need it xxx

Now I don't have our training book on me etc but in our Sienna X training I was told that some clients can be DHA resistant i.e. it won't take, has she always had Sienna tans??
Does sound a bit odd that she has had two lots and it hasn't taken, have you used this solution on other clients recently is it within date etc?
I do hope you can figure it out, sounds to me like you have done everything right though so don't beat yourself up!

x

Hi

I use sienna x mostly 10% especially this time of year.

sounds like you did everything you should of done. I dont think id of given her a free tan though if you explained to her what the outcome would be.

she probably would of come back and complained if you had of done her with 12%, you get clients like this.. she got a free tan thats probably what she was after.

Had a client once for a manual tan came back after walking around with for 5 days complaining her tan was fading and going streaky, lol.

thats because she has,nt moisturised or exfoliated like i said geeee u dont half meet some strange people lol

Latest posts

Back