Tanning underarms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshmalotoast

Reaction score
Hello all!

It's me with another question :green:
So, I have done 5 tans in total so far, and each time I am finding the underarms end up very messy looking.

I am just home from tanning my friend tonight, and when I was checking her over at the end of the tan - I noticed the solution under her arm had all moved and clung to one area...which is how it ends up looking once developed.

Any ideas as to why, or how to stop it happening?

Are they deodorant free when your tanning?xx

It sounds like their upper arms are touching side of their body? Do u mean it looks all blobby? This sometimes happens with bigger girls during their tan but it all evens out after they shower!
You cld always pat with a mit after!

Hi,
Can I suggest you hardly tan underarms....youve tanned the forearms, client is holding arms away from body @ 45 degrees, they then just turn each arm over in turn & you sweep down each arm from top to wrist again pulling away at wrist. But you only do this a couple of times, it doesnt have to receive as much solution as the forearms.
You must also tell client ( and i show them the stance) of how to stand with arms relaxed, down, hanging by side of body but the arms once you start but not touch the sides of body at all. Some will moan they ache, but as long as they relax from the sholders its fine, and better than patchy underarms. So less is more, and keep away from body!! Good luck.:green:

Hey - yes deodorant free,and none of them were big girls, so it's not that - must be my application.

Fabtans - thanks for that description. I'm going to try that out and see how it works. Tanning definitely has a learning curve but I really do enjoy doing it :)

I spray the arms & whilst arms are up in the air i spray the legs.. gives arms a minute to dry, also what I do is when I've sprayed the under arms is - I detach the hose from my gun & blast under there arms for a minute, then ask client when they put arm back down to keep it slightly raised outwards to prevent any patches x

I'm testing those methods on my daughters tonight.
Checked underarms after 15 mins and so far so good :)
Fingers crossed they will look good in the morning.
My friend said her tan turned out great but I don't want to take any chances

Thanks guys x

Thanks for all the helpful advice guys. Just checked the finished tans and underarms on both girls are flawless. Love you guys - so helpful x

Thanks for all the helpful advice guys. Just checked the finished tans and underarms on both girls are flawless. Love you guys - so helpful x

Aw I'm glad to hear it all went well for you :) x

Latest posts

Back