tans and sauna? Is this a no no?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Perfection

Reaction score
I am looking for some advice on behalf of a client.

She has started coming for spray tanning (tantrick) and absolutely loves the result. She takes 10% at the moment and thinks she may switch to 12% in the summer.

She is getting married in October and will be coming for her tan on the tues and is being married on the Thurs. Now, she will be staying in a hotel for 2 days prior to her wedding and would like to enjoy the spa pools, sauna etc. Question is - will these things strip her tan? She doesn't want to upset her future hubby by not joining him for the pools etc. She is getting married in the hotel so will not be able to come back to me to sort it out.

On the Saturday, 4-5 days after having her spray tan, she is having another wedding party and has asked if she should get re-sprayed again for this. I told her that I would not think it would be necessary after only 4-5 days, especially as she may be using the 12% by then.

Anyone have any advise at all, thanks.:)

If the sauna has chlorine in it then yes it will strip her tan.

As for the respray do her a 10 then respray a few days later with the same but not the 12

HTH

Thanks

I may get her to phone the hotel and ask about this rather than take the risk before her wedding. She also said she might get a spray tan and then go swimming to test it. I just wasn't sure if the heat from the sauna would speed up exfoliation and therefore speed up the fading of the tan?

I would have thought excessive sweating in the sauna would speed up its deterioration.

Latest posts

Back