Tax credit problem's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyk

Reaction score
well it all started when i first started working as i was on benefits with kids my money should been fast tracked within 14 days, after 3 weeks still no sign of paper work, no money & no wages coming in so i was told to send in another form as it could have been lost in the post so i did so not no knowing i had a claim in process. i was told by the inland revenue that i had been frudulent & would be investigated i burst in to tears not knowing what i had done the bloke on the phone just said iv got to end the call now and put the phone down on me. i was soooo upset! After 3 month's many phone calls, & tears i got the money paid into my bank but they also sent me giro slips out for 2k which i sent back they are saying they never recieved them back i asked them to check the codes to see that i didnt cash them! well after a year its still not sorted iv had only one letter about this just asking if i noted the codes down:rolleyes: errr no. well i finished working to set up mobile after christmas, and this morning i get up and what do i find out 2k in giro slip sent to me:mad:

& i am temped to spend this time:green:

what do you think?

well it all started when i first started working as i was on benefits with kids my money should been fast tracked within 14 days, after 3 weeks still no sign of paper work, no money & no wages coming in so i was told to send in another form as it could have been lost in the post so i did so not no knowing i had a claim in process. i was told by the inland revenue that i had been frudulent & would be investigated i burst in to tears not knowing what i had done the bloke on the phone just said iv got to end the call now and put the phone down on me. i was soooo upset! After 3 month's many phone calls, & tears i got the money paid into my bank but they also sent me giro slips out for 2k which i sent back they are saying they never recieved them back i asked them to check the codes to see that i didnt cash them! well after a year its still not sorted iv had only one letter about this just asking if i noted the codes down:rolleyes: errr no. well i finished working to set up mobile after christmas, and this morning i get up and what do i find out 2k in giro slip sent to me:mad:

& i am temped to spend this time:green:

what do you think?

Hi,
If it was me, i would definatly ring them first and ask if the giro chqs sent to me was meant to be sent to me and wether i was entitled to the money ....I would then keep a diary as such of the conversation, take down the persons name you spoke to, what the date and time was etc and exactly what they said......if that person tells you yes it is right and your entitled to it then make sure its written down so if the same thing happens like last time at least youll have refrence to tell them what was said....the person you sok to can also make a note on the screen that youve rang to verify your entitled to the money so if theres any question about it all in the future.
If they say no its a mistake, i would send the chqs back via recorded delivery so you have proof that youve sent them ...

x

I have also had massive problems with tax credits. To shorten the tale They paid me and my husband the same amount I phoned numerous times they said it was correct it wasnt ! we decided not to claim the following year and didnt bother to fill in the forms and send them back now they taking me to court for overpayment of full amount paid to us !!! (7K) apparently you have to let them know you dont want to claim anymore ! Stupid system all round if you ask me . Its supposed to help low income fammilies but most people will say its caused them nothing but trouble ! best thing is they want the 7k in full or paid within 1 year ! Fat chance of that !

Same here:

They didnt recieve a change of circm form from me so they want all the money back
(2004), even though i can prove through P60 I was entitled to it!

Thing is they have recieved every other form ive sent them....

Apparently the advert 'send back your form or your money will stop' seems not to be the case!

Ill fight this all the way.

DON'T SPEND IT!!!

Exactly the same happened to me, I checked that what they had sent me was right, several times I might add, got names etc. They confirmed my payment was right and then 3 years later - gotcha, they wanted to claim it all back saying I had been overpaid. So, with the IR it doesn't seem to matter what you do, if they want it, they want it and nothing you say or do seems to shake them.

Having said that, they are still chasing me for it 2 years later and I am still not paying them!! SO THERE, they can put me in the klink if they like!!!!

iv rang them and they have told me that it could be an overpayment and to put it into my saving's account ? errrrrrrrrr

They are a shambles....... Its shocking.....They dont know their a** from their elbow !

It really winds me up .... Sorry if you work in the tax credits department lol

Happened to me as well, I kept telling them they were overpaying me, they said I was recieving the correct amount. Then I got a bill for 2k. I am fighting it all the way.

It seems we all have a story about the tax credit peeps :irked: When my hubby was out of work a few years ago we had to claim job seekers allowance along with the Child Tax credits. He got a job, came off benefits and I informed the tax creds that we were no longer entitled to any income from them. They continued to pay it into the bank every week so foolishly I thought that we must have been entitled to it after all. Long story short, I now owe them over 2k :eek: I did set up a direct debit a few months back and they took one payment, I've since cancelled the dd and am still waiting to hear from them about how they are going to recover the money :cry:

Latest posts

Back