Teachers on Strike!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shellpink

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you are affected by todays teacher strikes? My daughter is off today, but lucky for me, its not causing me any problems with work etc?
Also do you think its actually going to do them any good?
I cant see them getting a pay rise:confused:

I can not see them getting a pay rise either.....my son is off from his high school and my daughter is still at her school today ...... the teachers say....if they dont get a pay rise,then they will strike again.:eek:.....i do agree that they should get paid well....but what about parents who have little kids and have no one to look after them...

They can not afford a day off as they still have to pay bills/morgage/shopping..etc....thats what is not right......if they do it then make it so we get a day free of all bills :green:

not sure what its goign to achieve tbh but what a nightmare

my son had letter sent home (seniors) to say he would be off thurs , and thats no prob as he looks after himself, luckily both the young ones are in school, although all of year 2 , 4 and nursery are off, so school looked empty this morning lol

however i had to call in to bens school to pick my post up and he wanted to collect his amp and guitar, we bumped into one of his mates whilst there, he should be off like ben, but hadnt had a letter sent home, so he'd come in as normal, as they were told if the parents didnt recieve a letter through post to come in normally, so he is now trying to find classes for him to sit in on all day, as once theyve come to school, they have to stay (H&S reasons i assume) and there was teachers radioing into the office, asking for cover for classes where there were no teachers and yet kids were there? i did jokingly offer to sit in on a class, and she looked like she was considering it lol

i feel sorry for those mums who work, who have to cancel clients, and take days off etc, at least i dont have that prob

xxxxxxx

My eldest is off but the younger two are not.

Not sure how I feel about the strike. I believe teachers due a wonderful job, not something I could do, but at least they do get a payrise every year. My hubby hasn't has a payrise in over 4 years.....and if he goes on strike....he not only gets no pay, but would lose his job:eek:

As a mother it is a pain in the butt, but as a daughter of a teacher, I empathise with teachers, isnt this their 1st strike in 25 years?

Teachers do a fab job, I can only speak from experience with my Mum, she was a Special needs teacher! Holidays are always a bonus being a teacher, but by the end of the 6 week Summer holiday, Mum had 4 days off, the rest was spent doing reports etc. It is a hard job which I think gets overlooked sometimes!

Here yee to all the teachers! lol!!:lol:

I actualy work in a high school and we have just had the 6th form in for lessons. I don't agree with the strike. They get paid more than me and we have to take the flack of the kids (teenages) who can be really nasty when they don't get what they want and the teachers have sent them out of the lessons, take flack off the parents cause they are not happy with the teachers for what ever reason (mainly because the teachers have not called the parents back when we have passed many messages on) and we have to deal with any requests from the teachers regarding admin but we have no chance of getting a payrise of so much. Nobody gets a payrise to match inflation!!!!

My daughters off but she made lots of tea whilst i did nails ...... lol

She wants tomorrow off now (cause its friday) like that makes a difference !!!

NO WAY IS SHE HAVING TOMORROW OFF, SHE IS GOING TO SCHOOL !!!!!!

Only 3 teachers at my daughters' school took part in the strike - much to their disgust they were not among the three classes staying home today lol

Only 3 teachers at my daughters' school took part in the strike - much to their disgust they were not among the three classes staying home today lol

:lol: Bless em! My daughters school has about 21 classes, 10 classes were off due to the teachers going on strike!

My nephew was off school today, he said only year 9's were off though

Latest posts

Back