Tell me where you are at?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where are you?

• Total voters
Thank you :) would love a proper salon some day but this is fab for me right now and my clients like that it's private, working from home is nice as I used to be mobile and got so over driving around all the time just drained me!

Small is beautiful, believe me!! if you are fully booked then don't change; stay where you are, you can only do what you can do or you will have to get premises and staff ... DON'T! The hassle is so NOT worth it.

I do nails at home or at my clients house, whichever they prefer but I won't travel miles, though I do have lots of clients near my parents house 4 hours away which means a weekend away to see parents results in me doing like 4 or more girlies nails lol!!

I did an NSI course in hollywood toes and rockstar and adored it, as I covered UV gels and used pro polish my insurer were happy to me to offer gelish so I do this and really enjoy it. I am slowly building up a client base and hoping to do a kooky/nail wraps course and nail art course in September, I am a natural nail care girl and a lot of my clients love this so I think I will stick to it..... though I am already itching to do more and more courses xx

Small is beautiful, believe me!! if you are fully booked then don't change; stay where you are, you can only do what you can do or you will have to get premises and staff ... DON'T! The hassle is so NOT worth it.

Very wise words!! I for one working in a salon previously know that there are nail techs that can be so unreliable and it's awful on a fully booked day and just thinking of trying to manage that myself I would start getting grey hairs!!! :)

I am possibly one of the longest running lurker/stalker geeklings here (since 2007!) so hello ladies :) Btw geeg I am a HUGE fan of yours and feel so blessed for all the advice you, and many other amazing geeks give out!! So thank you!
I received my Advanced diploma of beauty therapy in 2007 and have been working at a salon ever since. Only recently I've decided to gradually begin working from home/ going mobile so I'm hoping all goes well xx

I am possibly one of the longest running lurker/stalker geeklings here (since 2007!) so hello ladies :) Btw geeg I am a HUGE fan of yours and feel so blessed for all the advice you, and many other amazing geeks give out!! So thank you!
I received my Advanced diploma of beauty therapy in 2007 and have been working at a salon ever since. Only recently I've decided to gradually begin working from home/ going mobile so I'm hoping all goes well xx

Thanks Jessica .. that kind of comment is so nice to hear!
:hug: :)

This is my first job just doing nails, my previous positions have been Beauty Therapy. I started my little nail business 19 months ago and I rent a space in a lovely hair salon. I work part time, usually 2 or 3 full days a week and loving it :Love:

At the moment I am mobile offering acrylic & gel nails,spray tanning & eye treatments, qualified these last year and tanning start of this year, plans to rent a room in hairdressers soon in couple months once ready and I've got bit more money saved up for it too,hoping all goes well :) x

Last edited:
I first qualified in 2006 and worked part time and from home. I now have my own salon and have 1 beautician and 2 hairdressers and myself and its great!!

I need to revise my answer :wink2:

I've now opened my gorgeous little home salon and the appointment book is rather full! I can't believe how much time and effort I'm saving not driving around... it's exhausting being on the road, packing/unpacking, driving home, only to have to do it all over again for 3 more appointments!

I'm so happy with my room and have had some great responses so far.

xx

I need to revise my answer :wink2:

I've now opened my gorgeous little home salon and the appointment book is rather full! I can't believe how much time and effort I'm saving not driving around... it's exhausting being on the road, packing/unpacking, driving home, only to have to do it all over again for 3 more appointments!

I'm so happy with my room and have had some great responses so far.

xx

Been saying it for YEARS! Who would go mobile if they could be static? No one! More money, more time, less work! Hello?

I'm really enjoying it :D

I would have done it from the start but I still live at home and thought it would have been unfair to ask my parents if I could set up upstairs in my living room (I have the top floor - bedroom/bathroom/spare room).

I had a car accident in June which has unfortunately left me unable I carry all of my equipment, and I've become a bit of a nervous driver! When they saw that my work was draining me physically and emotionally being mobile, they actually suggested I work from home. I've been open just over a week now and all but 5 of my clients have converted to visiting me.

Bless my parents, I'm so pleased! Not to mention the fact that my shellac rack looks ruddy FANTASTIC up on the wall ;)

Xx

I'm really enjoying it :D

I would have done it from the start but I still live at home and thought it would have been unfair to ask my parents if I could set up upstairs in my living room (I have the top floor - bedroom/bathroom/spare room).

I had a car accident in June which has unfortunately left me unable I carry all of my equipment, and I've become a bit of a nervous driver! When they saw that my work was draining me physically and emotionally being mobile, they actually suggested I work from home. I've been open just over a week now and all but 5 of my clients have converted to visiting me.

Bless my parents, I'm so pleased! Not to mention the fact that my shellac rack looks ruddy FANTASTIC up on the wall ;)

Xx

Brilliant stick some pics up on the business forum under the I'll show you mine you show me yours thread, I love seeing people's set ups!!

I definitely will! I've already put a couple of pics up but it was still very much a work in progress - since then I've put a retail stand in, a shellac rack and polish stand, plus I'm waiting on my sofa to arrive :D then I will unveil the finished result! It's the blue/green home salon with "Time is precious, waste it wisely" above the nail table :)

Xx

Started my HNC Complementary Therapies yesterday :) Think I'm really going to enjoy Reflexology and will be starting Aromatherapy too next block.

Lindsey x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back