temperature is 40c

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyhacker

Reaction score
my 7 yr old son has been vomiting for 24 hrs now everytime he has a sip to drink or some medicine he brings it up straight away iv been docs who prescribed anti sickness stuff but no pharmacy has it so phoned the out of hours people who dont seem that worried iv just borrowed a digital thermometer and taken his temp under his tongue and its 40 degrees!

should i be more worried than the doc seems to think i should be

some quick advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated

If your not happy then phone out of hours straight away and insist on being seen again. Make a fuss if you have to. 40 degrees is very hot and the poor fella must be feeling lousy. They should be able to change the prescription for something easier to get hold of if you cant get the original meds. Hope he feels better very soon :hug:

my 7 yr old son has been vomiting for 24 hrs now everytime he has a sip to drink or some medicine he brings it up straight away iv been docs who prescribed anti sickness stuff but no pharmacy has it so phoned the out of hours people who dont seem that worried iv just borrowed a digital thermometer and taken his temp under his tongue and its 40 degrees!

should i be more worried than the doc seems to think i should be

some quick advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated

My son had sickness and diahorrea so bad once that he was near enough passing out while sat on the toilet as he had been doing it for so long from either end that he was completely zapped of any energy...it was absolutely awful...I called NHS direct and basically they wasnt too concerned but stressed I must get fluids into him and soon or I would have to take him straight to A & E to be put on a drip!

I gave him warm water with a couple of teaspoons of sugar mixed in....he was the same couldnt keep anything down...so just kept taking small sips....and it worked a treat...settled his tummy and give him a bit of energy.

In fact ive always given my son warm water with sugar if he has an upset tummy and its always worked quite well.

Its very very important to keep your son hydrated as obviously he will be losing a lot of fluids.

while he is sipping I would give NHS direct 0845 46 47

If he carries on and doesnt seem to be getting any better then I would probably take him straight up to A & E...I would think they would be able to give you the prescription.

Here is a page that may help.

Fever in Children

I would follow your gut instinct. If you think he is not right and are very concerned then i would take him up to primary care.

After a bout of sickness, gastroenteritis, food poisoning etc, my doctor recommends small spoonfuls of natural yoghurt to get bacteria back into the gut. It works :)
Hope your kid is feeling better tomorrow.
:hug:

well he was still being sick the next day so we went off again round the pharmacys and eventually got some anti sickness meds he had that kept it down and a few hours later started coming back to life he's lots better now but now has a horrible cough bless him thanks for asking how he was annabanna!

Latest posts

Back