Terrified of waxing whole eyebrow offf!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinaballerina

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

I really enjoy doing eyebrow waxing and am perfectly capable but I am just always nervous that I am going to wax the whole eyebrow off!!

Stupid I know, but I was wondering if i put vaseline on the eyebrow and leave the part I want to wax would this prevent this from happening?

I know that if theres no wax in the area it won't come off but it would put my mind at rest!! xx

lol, not sure if he Vaseline will work, but just wanted to say that I am exactly the same as you. x x x

Just do a little area at a time and use a new piece of wax strip each time until you get more confident, don't worry you'll be ok ;)

Have you tried using hot wax? you can see where the wax exactly is then.

Vaseline would work. When i was training that is the way we were taught. If you use hot wax it is better as you can see and you dont have to cover the eyebrow with a strip of muslin.Salon serve do a bag of little wooden (what look like matchsticks ) for waxing eyebrows. so you can put a tiny bit on at a time.
You will get there with time:lol:

I was taught to use Vaseline until I felt confident and still use it now on the odd occassion, I was also taught to cut my wax strip into a curve and only put it on top of the wax so you can still see the eyebrow you're leaving behind. I don't do that so much any more but it really helped me build up my confidence :)

Yep - another one here who was taught with vaseline on anything you didn't want the wax to hold on to.

Used it loads when I first started practicing, I am still at the practice stage (haven't let myself loose on paying clients yet) and find I'm using it less and less as I become more confident.

hot wax every time for brow waxing, you have so much more control.....

I too got trained using vaseline and def works one thing i would recommend is use a fresh strip each time as stupidly when I first qualified many moons ago i used the same strip and of course the wax already on the strip stuck to the eyebrow so when I pulled it off the client and a lovely patch missing not great and a mistake i have never made since.

You are overthinking this my darling. All you have to remember is to only put wax on the bits you want to wax off and never use a strip twice, if you are using strip wax that is. If you are scared then always use non strip wax, that is easier to see what you are taking off. :cool:

You could always leave the wax for the central bit and use threading and tweezing for precision brow shaping.
Your clients will generally not really care about the method used; they just want perfect brows.

I wasn't trained to use vaseline and actually have never thought of it either to be honest.

I use strip wax and half my spatulas in two so i can get precision application of my wax and i ALWAYS use a free strip for each removal.

When i first started out i was really nervous about eyebrows but once i got going and builded confidence i was fine, i'm sure your clients would be fine if you but vaseline on if it was going to put your mind at rest :)

Support the brow really well - particulalrly on older clients with fine skin, keep an eye on the wax temperature, just put a little on your spat dont overload it, if you're not sure work in small areas and you know what in no time it'll be second nature to you!

You are overthinking this my darling. All you have to remember is to only put wax on the bits you want to wax off and never use a strip twice, if you are using strip wax that is. If you are scared then always use non strip wax, that is easier to see what you are taking off. :cool:

hehe I know I am shedunlop! I am so silly!!

Thanks for all your advice geeks :D x x x x

Yes I was taught to use Vaseline on areas you don't want to wax. However I always leave a 2-3mm gap between the wax and brow, as when you apply pressure on the strip the wax will spread.

Latest posts

Back