Text Reminders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angone

Reaction score
I like the idea of sending a reminder text to clients the day before they are due in. Does anyone know if there is some sort of system available that does this for you??

I'm with 02 and get something like 150 free texts online.. I'm sure most of the phone companies do the same so you should check that out.

I have to say, since I started to text my clients, I've had no no shows and late cancelations... it's brilliant and well worth it in the long run.

Someone else asked this question a while ago.. here's the link
http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/82782-sending-text-messages-your-pc.html

I thought about this idea for when I am fully trained. Also, if you want to text your clients any special offers you have, you could put all their names into a group and send like that...i think it's a cool way to let them know everything

you can try a place called textocal but i got a free orange sim where if you top up a certain amount a month you get a sheeep load of free texts, thats what Im using. its cheaper than the textlocal place and quicker as you dont have to wait 2 days for your payment to clear and you prob get more letters per text

I'm working on it. Have found a site that offers online text messages, and they also have a Java API, which means I will be able to call that from the salon management system I'm in the process of designing. Think the company was charging about 8p per text message though.

I use redsms and it's brilliant. No more forgotten appointments.

I use redsms and it's brilliant. No more forgotten appointments.

Good call. They also offer an HTTP API - meaning I might well be doing business with them personally in due course :)

Cool!
Glad to be of help!
:)

I ocassionly send a text reminder the day before the booking, i just do this my using my usual phone credit.

hths

You need to be consistent about this, so that your clients know that they will get a reminder. If you use an online version such as Pelican or RedSMS you can set up the reminders well before the time they actually need to go, and you can set up templates too, saving you time.
It looks far more professional if your client receives a text from [insert salon name here] rather than from a seemingly random number.

Hi

If you are looking for companies offering sms services type "sms gateway" into yahoogle you will get quite a few come up.

The company I know of that offer the best rates are

BULK SMS, Send Marketing Business Bulk SMS UK.

The texts start at 3.8p-4.9p you can use a control panel to upload all your customer contacts to, to side step a little, I was talking to one of my customers yesterday who own a tanning salon they sent 20 specail offer text messages out using the above service and got a return of 60%. This is amazing marketing results, because you have to remeber EVERYONE reads their text messages.

Brilliant, thanks for all the feedback. Definitely think its a good idea. I might try the o2 one as ive used them personally for years, but i'll look into the others mentioned too!

I use a company called icetrack for mine as there are not many here in Ireland and this doesnt seem too bad.
I send my special offers from a vodaphone sim as I get 300 free texts, my clients dont realise as the appointment reminder has airbrushed as the phone no. and they cannot call back and I send offers with the landline no. in from the voda no. as a call to action.

Latest posts

Back