The best Make-up brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise jane

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase some make-up brushes to use on my clients. Any one have any particular brand that they use and how good are they. Any help would be great before i purchase any. I am using my own collection of Bobbi Brown, Lily Lolo that i have at the moment. Just wondered if there was a very good priced professional brand. Thanks xx:)

A great professional brand is Charles Fox in London. Google them. xxx

They are not exclusively professional, but i swear by Body Shop brushes, clients love the feel of them too x

Jane Iredale Brushes are really good and last for years. Worth the money!

They are not exclusively professional, but i swear by Body Shop brushes, clients love the feel of them too x
I agree.
The Body Shop brushes are affordable and really high quality.
They are easy to use and feel lovely on the skin.
The handles were styled on the Armani cosmetics packaging if I remember correctly, so pretty stylish.

I have used them for years (was a BS@H consultant years ago).

They were in the InStyle Hall of fame a few years ago for best budget brush range.

If you watched The Apprentice on Wed - the makeup artist for the TV channel was using them.

If you go into one of the shops they will use their brushes to 'make you over'. That way you could get a good idea if you like them or not.

Jane Iredale for me....

Laura Mercier do the most AMAZING brushes - but very pricey.
Must agree MAC are fantastic.

I have a set of both and LOVE them

Becki xxx

thanks to everyone for your info on the make-up brush issue. i have eventually decided ot go for Bobbi Brown as i hae been using her brushes personally for a few years now. A bit pricey but at least i know that the product is good. Again thank you all for sharing your views wit me - very much appreciated. xx

MAC brush are the best. even tv star/ acters use them.:green:

MAC MAC MAC alllllllll the way.

Jane Iredale Brushes are really good and last for years. Worth the money!

Jane Iredale for me too -really lovely brushes and they do a good range too.

I am looking to purchase some makeup brushes to use on my clients. Any one have any particular brand that they use and how good are they. Any help would be great before i purchase any. I am using my own collection of Bobbi Brown, Lily Lolo that i have at the moment. Just wondered if there was a very good priced professional brand. Thanks xx:)

Bobbi Brown, MAC are well-known Brand of Brush. I've never buy the brand as the price. Also, I think, if the price is expensive, I cann't buy new during a long time. If the price of the item is very cheap, but quality is ok. Then if I find the same things in the future, I will buy the new item at once. Don't need to scruple original item and money.
At present, Mine is a 8pcs Plush Vegan Bare Brush Kit Makeup with a Nylon Bag which bought from an online shop.

Hi there are many people who say Crown make MAC brushes not sure if true? Though i bought some and they are fab,
Mac yes of course though i looked wider and found Smashbox #19 brush for powder face and body was to die for. Tried more of these brush's and adore them.
One thing i did see is they make a set every christmas thats slightly shorter handle lentgh (not tip) or diff colour and they are such amazing value i like to buy allot of brushes and try various one out.
Also i agree Body shop foundation brush is great love it
Newbie hi all
Mary x

Sigma brushes are unbelievable, and same quality as MAC, for a fraction of the price. They are based in America, but ship worldwide. Google comparisons for the two brands, there are many die-hard MAC fans that have made the switch. hth xx :D

Sigma Makeup

mine were mostly mac and laura mercier, now phasing them out for louise young - think they're amazing

http://www.louiseyoungcosmetics.com/press.php

do your bb brushes tend to last, i have found the hairs shed when i use them, perhaps its just me:D

MAC for me always

boots are giving £5 rubie / millie vouchers with certain spend - over £10 i think .. their foundation brushes are really good, i have 3 always buy them when the offer is on, lol

Artdeco have really good brushes which i use!!! xx

Latest posts

Back