The Cheek of some clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exquisite Touch

Reaction score
Well I was well and truly gobsmacked today ....

Client rings me up can you do me an infill ... yes no problem

then she proceeds to tell me its been six weeks since her last appointment , but she had gone to another salon to have her nails done. Then states well I can only do a wednesday or thursday night but i dont really want to come into the salon can you not come to me as Deal or No Deal is on :eek::eek::eek: and I dont want to miss it!!!!!!!

I was gobsmacked and said your joking arent you she said NO!!!!!
I dont like to miss my programs :rolleyes:
The cheek of some clients are unbelievable they got more front then blackpool.

So let me see if I have this straight:

She wants to TELL YOU WHEN you are available and what your hours are
AND
She wants to TELL YOU WHERE you will work?

Whether or not I am available, I will NEVER let someone dictate to me.
It's all in attitude. If they're nice about it, and 'asking' if it's possible (and CERTAINLY NOT FOR SOME #$%^ TV SHOW) then I might consider given whatever the situation is (say, some old lady doesn't want to walk on ice, ok, no problem, I'll go)

Otherwise, "these are my slots available" and "this is where I'm located".
If you dont' like them, ah well, so sorry :rolleyes:

Up until most recently, I was letting everyone turn me into a crazy chicken running every which way to suit them. My family's lives were turned upside down and my kids never saw me.
NO MORE!
These are the hours. These are the days. This the location.
Outside of that, IF I am inclined, I will bend. But for the most part.. no.

So, what did you do?

I told her I am salon Based and I dont do mobile any longer if she needs a mobile tech. I can recommend one to her.

Im not one to be pushed over, once upon a time maybe but i learned my lesson the hard way. I just couldnt believe that she was serious at first I thought she was winding me up .

Just goes to show nowt as queer as folk

I could just imagine that.....while you are trying to do her nails you will have this client saying "could you move a bit please....cant see the telly ".....

What a shocker .............for eastenders yes....deal or no deal :lol::lol::lol: (ONLY JOKING) xx

Glad that you stuck to your guns. bloody cheeky woman!

I really think we as professionals need to educate our clients and the general public.

I think that they all believe that we are all employed and that it doesn't matter if they turn up or not, as we are still getting paid.

And as for mobile, they think that we are at their beck and call.

You do learn this when you are new at nails, that you do have to be quite strict and business like when it comes clients.

I fell into this trap myself when i was trying to gain a client base. I would work around my clients, do hours i really didn't want to do just to please them. I have even been known to rearrange another engagement to fit someone in!

Not any more! I have found that if i make myself a little unavailable at times, my clients will put themselves out come to me if i can't get to them. I am never rude to clients or anything, (even when at times you may want to slap them....lol) But i do find if you explain the reason you can't just drop everything, they do understand and fit in with you.

You do learn this when you are new at nails, that you do have to be quite strict and business like when it comes clients.

I fell into this trap myself when i was trying to gain a client base. I would work around my clients, do hours i really didn't want to do just to please them. I have even been known to rearrange another engagement to fit someone in!

Not any more! I have found that if i make myself a little unavailable at times, my clients will put themselves out come to me if i can't get to them. I am never rude to clients or anything, (even when at times you may want to slap them....lol) But i do find if you explain the reason you can't just drop everything, they do understand and fit in with you.

This was me also up until a couple of years ago when I started laying my own law down!

I think it's easy to fall into this trap when you are starting out and keen to build up your client base whichever way you can, but once started it is very hard to get out of it as they expect you to continue how you always have iykwim.

I'm soooo glad to hear you didn't go! What a cheek!

Its funny how you will do anything to please at first, but if you do it too often it does become expected.

Stick to your guns hun, it is worth treating 'em mean to keep 'em keen. (pmsl)

With clients - EXPECT the UNEXPECTED.

If it was April 1st I would have said shes having a laugh.

You couldnt make that stuff up !!!

Latest posts

Back