THE CLIENT FROM *#!!#* what do i do

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cups1974

Reaction score
i realy have no words for it. i have a client very nice and all but she spends all day about 3 times a week in my salon drinking coffee all she does is tan she spends hours in here well when she finally left today about 3 hours after her tan. I left to go get something to eat she omes walkinmg into the pizza place screaming at me that i rushed her out and that i wasn't there when she wanted to come back. now the when she was leaveing i said have a great day I'll see you tomorow no big deal she normaly is no bother she sits reads magz has a couple of cups of coffee talks in jiberish the to day when she was leaveing i didnot ask her to leave but did mention that i was going to get something to eat she came into the pizza place complaining that i was not at the shop and she had been waiting for an hour i was gone ten min if that really i'm so upset she made a big stink about it caused a seen and because i didn't want to i just took it what was i supose to do? I rushed back here to open the door for her She stated that she wanted to look at the hair books to she what style she wanted her stylist was going to do to her that her stylist didn't have the same books. now i don't know what to do i'm mad at my self but in the same note i can't make any waves i'm still new in town and need all the clients i can get PLEASE i freaking out . Im not sure how to handle this i know i'm very sensative rite now i have alot on my plate personaly. I just want to cry :cry::cry:

Do you mean she goes on the sunbed and stays 3 hours??

you don't need a client like that. she sounds like a bunny-boiler!

i realy have no words for it. i have a client very nice and all but she spends all day about 3 times a week in my salon drinking coffee all she does is tan she spends hours in here well when she finally left today about 3 hours after her tan. I left to go get something to eat she omes walkinmg into the pizza place screaming at me that i rushed her out and that i wasn't there when she wanted to come back. now the when she was leaveing i said have a great day I'll see you tomorow no big deal she normaly is no bother she sits reads magz has a couple of cups of coffee talks in jiberish the to day when she was leaveing i didnot ask her to leave but did mention that i was going to get something to eat she came into the pizza place complaining that i was not at the shop and she had been waiting for an hour i was gone ten min if that really i'm so upset she made a big stink about it caused a seen and because i didn't want to i just took it what was i supose to do? I rushed back here to open the door for her She stated that she wanted to look at the hair books to she what style she wanted her stylist was going to do to her that her stylist didn't have the same books. now i don't know what to do i'm mad at my self but in the same note i can't make any waves i'm still new in town and need all the clients i can get PLEASE i freaking out . Im not sure how to handle this i know i'm very sensative rite now i have alot on my plate personaly. I just want to cry :cry::cry:

OK ...i can just about read your thread !!....so you told her you was going to go get something to eat and she came in pizza place...complaining you had been 1 hour when you had been 10 Min's ??...

I cant understand why you are freaked out ???.....is it because she had a go at you in the pizza place...or she is complaining about your hair books??

She tans for 15 min Sits for an hour before then sits another hour or two after. I'm emarssed that she treated me like this i'm already on the verge of a nervise break down. I have another client from @####%^^^ to day it took me 3 housr to do a full set bc she had to keep getting up getting coffee She left the salon twice once to leave and go home to use the bathroom once to go show her husband the different polishes she couldn't pick the color herself. She lives 15 min away. I'm loseing it I just want to cry I feel like i don't know i'm histerical

She tans for 15 min Sits for an hour before then sits another hour or two after. I'm emarssed that she treated me like this i'm already on the verge of a nervise break down. I have another client from @####%^^^ to day it took me 3 housr to do a full set bc she had to keep getting up getting coffee She left the salon twice once to leave and go home to use the bathroom once to go show her husband the different polishes she couldn't pick the color herself. She lives 15 min away. I'm loseing it I just want to cry I feel like i don't know i'm histerical

:eek::eek::eek:....this has to stop and only you can do that.

Do not allow yourself to be treated this way.....You need to reinstall that you are running a business and have to run to set time schedules.

Pull back the rains hun x

she doesn't sounded right to me

there are some strange people out there

so did you charge her for 3 hours work?
i bet i can guess the answer. some people are so insensitive, doesnt she even realise shes taking advantage of you.

LOOKS LIKE WE'VE GOT US A LIVE ONE !!! She's as nutty as a fruit cake and I'm sure that everyone else in town knows that. Try to work things so that she leaves of her own free will..............and make is soon. Good luck. xx

she is taking the p hun, whats worse 2 have a loopy client and feel like this.. all stressy, or 2 not have her and feel stress free, i can appreciate u need the money but holy moly, u have 2 draw the line somewhere..

next time she does something outrageous, just say 2 her.... 'excuse me.. as much as i appreciate ur custom, i cant have u staying here for hours on end, im a busy lady and can imagine u r'... or just make a joke of it... 'god dont u have somewhere else 2 go' lol.... or like.... 'god im gonna have 2 start charging u rent soon'... she HAS 2 take the hint! good luck xxx :hug:

Im losing it how do i handle the tanner? maybe i'm just so emotion And the woman Betty the lady i was doing her nails she kept cking each nail after i L&P it moving her hand talking with it rambleing on and on jumping from section to section i tryed to keep up but between the two of them i..i.. realy feel like giving up today i know i can't and i wouldn't but i need to know that im not the only one that gets this way anyone i understand we are in customer service industry but realy how much can one person handle? Help Geeks Please

Sounds to me like these 2 clients are using your shop like a shop...pop in...tan..have nails done...chat ...leave ...pop back in...what a joke....

You have to tell them Hun...its your business......when they are done hide the coffee ...say someone is coming who you have to do...but get them out xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok so what if i put some kinda sign out

Your job is to provide a service,...then take payment,
Not re house them lol,

Come on hun...toughen up
NOBODY has the right to make you feel this bad not one person,

People can get to us sometimes, especially when we feel we have lost control and they have gained it,

Put your brave face on...and have a word with them..and any other client who treats you this way,
They only do it because YOU allow them to !

It will only take one "brave" talk from you, and they won't take the P*** again,

It will take 20 minutes out of your day to say something...but the rest of your working days will be sooooo much better,
You can do it hun :hug:
And when you have stood up to one, you will find it much easier to stand up to them all x

Hiya
it says in your profile that you are the Manager.Well you are going to have to toughen up- a lot! What will you do if you have more serious problems,have a meltdown?
Always be polite,and pleasant but firm.These annoying clients who stay too long are your bread and butter and they feel their custom is important to you,which it is.They must like you and the salon a lot for them to come in so often.
Hinting that you have to eat,close up etc is going way over their heads.You should be clear-ie I am quite busy today all day so I am closing at 1 oclock for 30 mins for a break, -or -I have another client booked in after you and she has phoned me this morning to say she is in a hurry today,so i best not delay doing your nails,even though i love our chats.Be very nice and try to enlist their help,like its great to have clients like you Betty who understand what its like working in a salon,because you are such a regular etc etc.
Most Salons have clients like this,its part of the job.
hth

They are taking advantage because you are letting them. Time to toughen up.

3 hours work requires payment for 3 hours work. What would you do if you had 2 other clients wanting to book in and you had to turn them away because one client is taking 3 hours to work on.

As for the tanning woman, she just sounds lonely, mental and is just plain using you and you are letting her do it. She has a go at you for wanting to eat luch, you say nothing and then rush back to open make her happy and then she goes through your books to get an idea to take to her stylist.

You may be new and needing all the clients you can get but you are being used and abused and you are the only one who can stop it.

You have 2 clients and that's all you may end up having if you don't put a stop to them taking up all your time and making unrealistic demands of you. New clients will be put off coming in if the tanner is hanging around all the time, abusing you, and treating the salon like hers and you can't fit in new people because nail lady takes up 3 hours.

You need to be strict but it can be done in a nice way. You could always hand tan lady the broom and a dust cloth and say 'while your here'. And give nail lady an hourly price and tell her that's what you have to charge her per hour she's there because you are missing out on other paying clients.

First and formost Thank you everyone. I thought about it last night and i read all of your comments again this morning. This is what i have come up with. First I'm still new to the salon world, As Managment. Yes i need to get thicker skin, I have to set ground rules and stick by them. There are going to be sistuation i'm going to understand or like but i need to learn to deal with better. I have to learn the difference between customer service and custermers taking advantage of me. Anything I missed? Thank you so much everyone i realy don't know what i would do without all of you.

she is taking the p hun, whats worse 2 have a loopy client and feel like this.. all stressy, or 2 not have her and feel stress free, i can appreciate u need the money but holy moly, u have 2 draw the line somewhere..

:hug:

Quite.

If you really don't think you can handle telling her then perhaps a nicely worded letter would do the job? You do need to toughen up etc, but it's not easy is it? I feel for you, I would hate doing it too. :hug:

First and formost Thank you everyone. I thought about it last night and i read all of your comments again this morning. This is what i have come up with. First I'm still new to the salon world, As Managment. Yes i need to get thicker skin, I have to set ground rules and stick by them. There are going to be sistuation i'm going to understand or like but i need to learn to deal with better. I have to learn the difference between customer service and custermers taking advantage of me. Anything I missed? Thank you so much everyone i realy don't know what i would do without all of you.
Good luck.:hug:

Latest posts

Back