The Event - Rewarding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your input on the Top Secret Shin Dig threads the past couple of weeks. Its now time to ask another question :D

Just like many of you, SalonGeek.com holds a very, very special place in my heart and very rewarding to me for a variety of reasons. What I want to ask is...

Can you sum up why is SalonGeek.com special to you?

and more importantly...

What geek(s) make it special for you (and why).

So... instructions are:
  1. Reply to this thread with at least one reason why SalonGeek.com is special to you (remember, sum up each reason!)
  2. Email (click here) what geek(s) make it special for you (and why)
Pleasepleaseplease... don't mention names in this thread!

Last edited:
Ok.
Salongeek is special to me because I didnt work due to a mental illness but I had qualified as a nail tech and this site gave me a feeling of belonging and gave me confident in myself to get out there and join society.
Its also special to me because I cant ever stay away from it because its like another special family to me ........ I just love the site :)
It contains everything and the knowledge obtained here is better than any other internet site and its all free.

Last edited:
Salongeek.com is special to me because its a community that is open 24/7 to offer help, guidance, advise and support for anyone serious about our fantastic industry.

I cant imagine life without Salongeek.com cos gladly I haven't ever had too.

How much better can you get than having thousands of brains with heaps of experience and buckets of advise all in 1 place and for free.

(Now who do i name my names too....the click here thingy isn't active.)

Salon geek is especially special to me because had i not stumbled across it i would definately have given up on nails:irked:

As a small one man band outfit, it has helped me achieve the confidence i needed to run a small (but fairly successful) business.

The advice i have learnt and continue to learn has been invaluable - you could not put a price on the knowledge i have gained from others on the site.

On a lighter note i have met some truly great friends and am so chuffed that i am part of this passionate, and fun online community:green:

I have to choose only ONE geek thats made it special for me:cry:??? wowza thats going to take some thinking !!!!

amb x:hug:

Last edited:
Well i found salon geek before I started training (luckily) and it enabled me to make the RIGHT choice regarding training and setting myself up. I have used the site to ask lots of questions and gain valuable information.

I have met a few wonderful geeks and am able to contact any of them for help or advice.

I couldnt choose 1 geek but I do have 4 in mind (hmm thinking cap on) .... they know who they are xx

Cant use the link x

Salongeek.com is the BESTEST site in the whole wide EVER because ..i have made lot's of friend's on here and i have not even left my home doing it !! :lol:

If you are stuck on ANYTHING skin/hair or nail wise , someone is always here for you. It's open 24/7....and everyone is soooo nice aswell which is a added bonus.....thanks to all who put into salongeek.com and keep it going.:green:

Oops... just added the email link. Sorry :D

Can we name some geeks as i cant pick one...it's too hard :cry:

and more importantly...

What geek(s) make it special for you (and why).

Email (click here) what geek(s) make it special for you (and why)Pleasepleaseplease... don't mention names in this thread!

Can we name some geeks as i cant pick one...it's too hard :cry:
More than one is fine hunny :D

Last edited:
The main reason why salongeek.com is so special to me is that I would not be a nail tech now if I hadn't found it. The site gives me support, inspiration, ambition, enthusiam and a burning desire to constantly be better at what I do........

I'm off to email Sam now with some very special names......

I have never come across a site like this one (and none since I found it either!), where not only can we all help each other and gain the support we need but to be part of such a fantastic community with some amazing people who are ready to help at the drop of a hat, whether it be professional problems or personal ones.

All in all a kickazz site that I feel very proud to be a part of :green:

Without this site I would have not trained further than my VTCT course and still using Star Nails ... it made me see that further education is the key to success & realising I was pants when I finished the course! It gave me inspiration & ambition to be better than I was & the other one course nail tech's ion the town!!

What does the SalonGeek mean to me - hmm, well it is like my best friend. I have been a member almost from the beginning and we have had some fallings out, just like best friends, we have come through and are still together. My kids have a saying BFF - best friends forever - that is what Salongeek means to me!

As a Moderator I am very proud to be trusted with Sam's train set.

I have found so many new friends, learned so much and you are all always there.........until I shut the lid on you:green:

The Nail Geek site has always been my mentor since I stumbled across it a few moons ago. Without it I would have given up my career in nails. Educational, inspirational, unconditional.

Salongeek.com is full of friends, some i have met and some that i have still to meet, but all that are willing to give up their time and advise, guidance and support to me and everyone else who asks.
Would i have had the confidence to open my own salon if i had not come across Salongeek.com? No, but knowing that if i need advise or a moan, all i have to do is log on anytime of day or night and someone will be there.

Salongeek.com is special to me because I had to leave my course behind when I left Norway and many Geeks here have taken the time and trouble to help me when I needed it most. It's boosted my confidence to believe I will over come the lack of willing models and get there in the end. It's special to me because when I have been at my most low ebb Geeks responded with open hearts, one even gave me an open invitation to her home when I am ready for a weekend of girl talk and nails (you know who you are). I've never ever been a part of a community so willing to share everything they can, from professional advice to a giant Geeky shoulder.

It's family when my family isn't there for me both in the sense of encouragement and support both nail wise and personally , which sad as it sounds, is more often than not.

I'm still aiming for the nails moon and I wouldn't be with out this place!

I cant live without this site lol.
It is special because everyone on here makes it so.
The inspiration, the help and advice, the chat and most of all the making of good friends!
I am a one man band and if I had not found this site I would only know me or the competition nail bars up the road, (but not to talk to) BUT I dont, I know lots of lovely geeks in my area and surrounding areas that I have met through this site as well as all the world of geeks.
So while I am just me sitting here I have access to all the nail geeks all around the world at any time of day or night! wow

I have not found a site to compare this one to and I doubt I ever will.
Thank you.

ps. the design and operation of the site is great and easy to use too.

If I hadn't found salongeek I never would have come so far so quick - Infact, I might have given up, who knows?!

It also encourages me to strive for improvement and continue to update my education.... for aslong as I'm a geek I will always be reminded of how much more there is to know. :irked:

But most of all - I want to thank salongeek.com for saving my marriage.
:hug:
My husband would have either divorced me or died from boredom if I hadn't found a network of fellow Nail Nutters to talk to! :lol:

Latest posts

Back