The Geek Gazette

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kimmie I donated you 200 geekmolians to see if my rep points went up and they didn't!! GMG you are fibbing us - telling us our rep points will go up if we are kind :smack:

i donated 200 also and they didnt....i know its the giving and not receiving that matters but still ...xxxx

received my news letter, thankyou very much.xxxxxxxxx

Thats because I have been tweaking the system. I have disabled the 'getting rep points for donations' for right now.

*edit - btw, its working now - but its 200 for 1 :(

I donated 500 and still only got one rep point!

Also I've not received the newsletter. How Do I find out about the HTML thingy and if I have it?!!

Check your spam filters as they are most likely the culprit. Apart from that - contact your ISP. If you are set to get the HTML newsletter and it comes through as gobble-gook then it means that you can only get text mail.

Okay you're dealing with a pc no-hoper here! How do I check my spam filter? The only Spam I know about is in a fritter! Spam spam spam spam everybody loves spam (Monty Python ref there!)

Got mine... sorry Sassy Im not showing off ... honest! :wink2:
It looks really great ...love 'The Lounge' bit... well done Sam.

I must have been black listed!!

Got my newsletter, brill idea Sam..and do I get a cookie or doughnut or something for being a hassle free geek with no ISP, HTML or 'spam fritter 'problems? :biggrin: :lol:

Hi,

Received the newsletter, and I think its great. Like the Lounge and that the post hightlighted are good posts and of great instrest.

Thanks Sam for a fab site and all the hard work you do with it.

Issue 2 is going out as we speak ;)

I still didn't get mine, not even a scrambled one! But Gloria very kindly forwarded me the first one, thanks Gloria, can you do me a standing order :)
:hug: - strange they can be forwarded but not sent straight from here.....
don't ask me I'm not a computer geek! :eek:

Karen

I have the same problem Karen - Please please can someone forward it to me too - [email protected]. Thank you thank you!!

Both copies forwarded to you Sassyxx

Thanks Glo & Martigirl - got my copies loud & clear . Glo, you've got a cool geek pic there!!

Sassy #1 said:
I donated 500 and still only got one rep point!

Also I've not received the newsletter. How Do I find out about the HTML thingy and if I have it?!!
Hi Sarah, If you have sorted your problem then ignore this. But have you got GMG on your email contact list as this could make the gazette come through to you and not blocked by your spam filter. If you're still stuck after the next issue is out pm me maye my hubby can help. Debs XXX

Latest posts

Back