The good, the bad and the ugly-Gelish colours!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooooooo have you all seen..... Another new collection... And guess what, looks like there's a nice metallic silver FINALLY!!! Woop woop! Here's the advert ;)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340309915.684389.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340309915.684389.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1,546
Just marking this to find later :)

Ok I need to choose a nice blue, and I also need a gold and a silver...

Blue:
Ocean Wave
Sugar Daddy
Ooba ooba blue

Silver:
Midnight caller
Night shimmer
Emerald dust

Gold:
Allure
Bronzed
Twinkle
Golden treasure
Wicked
Champagne

As I said I need a blue, a gold and a silver from these choices? Any views as to what's most popular?
I think the gold and silver will mainly be for under Rockstar.

Thanks in advance :)

Blue: I have Ocean Wave and Ooba ooba blue, I love them both. Ocean Wave has a bit of a shimmer to it and really reminds me of ocean water. It's a good color to layer with Black Shadow to make a darker blue since it's a bit clear. You need 3 layers to get a good color, but like I said, it's great for layering. Ooba ooba is a more matte kind of blue. It's great for the summer though.

Silver: Midnight caller is not silver, it's more of a metallic grey. But I LOVE it, it's one of my favorites, especially with black konad over it. I don't have night shimmer but I'd really like to get it soon it looks lovely.

Gold: I don't have any gold Gelish as it's not very popular out here. Twinkle is just clear with sparkles though, so I wouldn't get it unless you want to use it on top of other colors, kinda like Vegas Night.

Hope this helps~

Cliché;1564497 said:
Blue: I have Ocean Wave and Ooba ooba blue, I love them both. Ocean Wave has a bit of a shimmer to it and really reminds me of ocean water. It's a good color to layer with Black Shadow to make a darker blue since it's a bit clear. You need 3 layers to get a good color, but like I said, it's great for layering. Ooba ooba is a more matte kind of blue. It's great for the summer though.

Silver: Midnight caller is not silver, it's more of a metallic grey. But I LOVE it, it's one of my favorites, especially with black konad over it. I don't have night shimmer but I'd really like to get it soon it looks lovely.

Gold: I don't have any gold Gelish as it's not very popular out here. Twinkle is just clear with sparkles though, so I wouldn't get it unless you want to use it on top of other colors, kinda like Vegas Night.

Hope this helps~

Fab! Thank you so much hun :) after all that, I went for caution for my blue! Lol. I didn't get a gold or a silver. I'm holding out for the summer sizzle collection and I'm going to get the silver from that :) can't wait :)

Thank you :)

Xxx

at sallys vat free yesterday i ordered up in the blue, seafoam, snow bunny and waterfield as needed some alternatives to the regular nudes and pinks... just hope ive made the right choices.

i'll try and remember to post sone pics once they've arrived and i've painted some swatches xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Ok I need to choose a nice blue, and I also need a gold and a silver...

Blue:
Ocean Wave
Sugar Daddy
Ooba ooba blue

Silver:
Midnight caller
Night shimmer
Emerald dust

Gold:
Allure
Bronzed
Twinkle
Golden treasure
Wicked
Champagne

As I said I need a blue, a gold and a silver from these choices? Any views as to what's most popular?
I think the gold and silver will mainly be for under Rockstar.

Thanks in advance :)

Ooba ooba blue is mine hun
Emerald dust is not very silver it's like greeny glittery cxx

Ooba ooba blue is mine hun
Emerald dust is not very silver it's like greeny glittery cxx

When doing French, do you use 1 x pink then 2 x 1 (if 1 doesn't give enough coverage, then 1 x pink and TIO?

Also, when tidying a French, do you use a gel brush wiped in cleanser to tidy smile line? X

I have:
light elegance
go girl
gossip girl
passion
for my pinks and im wanting to add more to my collection that are different ive looked at swatches but its hard to know the differences between them.

Pinks I have seen are:
your so sweet your giving me a toothache
sugar and spice
make a difference
less talk
more action
pink smoothie

could anyone tell me how they compare to the colours i have already as well as how they compare to eachother, I have read that pink smootie is a cream and less talk is the same colour but with a shimmer, so i dont really want to dupe up. thanx ladies.

Nickij I asked in trade only Sally's could I order colours & I was told NO! So your lucky!!

My Sally's order loads for me, they are sooo helpful and even ordered the 18g lamp....VAT and delivery free ^_^

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

When doing French, do you use 1 x pink then 2 x 1 (if 1 doesn't give enough coverage, then 1 x pink and TIO?

Also, when tidying a French, do you use a gel brush wiped in cleanser to tidy smile line? X
I use one pink I do base two coats French one pink them toi xxx

I use one pink I do base two coats French one pink them toi xxx

Thank you :) do you use cleanse on your brush when tidying french or do you just use a dry brush? X

Ooooooo have you all seen..... Another new collection... And guess what, looks like there's a nice metallic silver FINALLY!!! Woop woop! Here's the advert ;)

Has anybody got any of these yet? Have seen them on website but would like to see them in the flesh,as such?

Thank you :) do you use cleanse on your brush when tidying french or do you just use a dry brush? X

None hun. I've been doing French for 14 years with polish and gels. As long as little amount of white on brush I can swoop with no need for cleanse xxxx

None hun. I've been doing French for 14 years with polish and gels. As long as little amount of white on brush I can swoop with no need for cleanse xxxx

I am pretty good with polish, pretty much perfected that (unless they have very short nails and i need to tidy the skin slightly lol) just got my first French gelish tomorrow and haven't got time to practise so wanted a back up in case i need to tidy lol. I do have 1 more question, I did ask on another thread, but no reply :( when removing Gelish with crystals embedded in the TIO, do you remove as normal or do you need to do something to the crystals to help them along during removal? (I have my training next week.... Sooo excited!) xxx

I have:
light elegance
go girl
gossip girl
passion
for my pinks and im wanting to add more to my collection that are different ive looked at swatches but its hard to know the differences between them.

Pinks I have seen are:
your so sweet your giving me a toothache
sugar and spice
make a difference
less talk
more action
pink smoothie

could anyone tell me how they compare to the colours i have already as well as how they compare to eachother, I have read that pink smootie is a cream and less talk is the same colour but with a shimmer, so i dont really want to dupe up. thanx ladies.

Pink Smoothie is a very pale pink, it's lovely, especially with Vegas nights and water field layered, it's also a good one for French, Sugar & Spice is also beautiful, it's really bright pink and it looks lovely with Ambience layered over the top, makes it more of a frosted pink, hth :D

Hi all I have had this posted in the gelish group for a few days with no reply. Just got advised to post it in here. So here goes.

have bought a few gelish colours and have booked on a gelish course in September. I have worked with other gels before. I could do with some advice about any extra colours I could make by layering etc. My colours so far are
Bella's vampire
Exhale
Gossip girl
Hot rod red
Night reflection
Passion
Sheek white
Star burst
Less talk

Thankyou

Hi all I have had this posted in the gelish group for a few days with no reply. Just got advised to post it in here. So here goes.

have bought a few gelish colours and have booked on a gelish course in September. I have worked with other gels before. I could do with some advice about any extra colours I could make by layering etc. My colours so far are
Bella's vampire
Exhale
Gossip girl
Hot rod red
Night reflection
Passion
Sheek white
Star burst
Less talk

Thankyou

I've made a Gelish layering thread hun, have a little peek, see if there's any ideas in there for your colours :)
But 2xnight reflection and 1x starburst is lovely :) hth xxx

Bella's vampire
Exhale
Gossip girl
Hot rod red
Night reflection
Passion
Sheek white
Star burst
Less talk

Thankyou

I mixed Exhale with equal parts of Gossip Girl & got a lovely pink.

Latest posts

Back