THE NEXT BIG THING ?.... new application method

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if you call that number you wont get a free sample?

I'sent that false advertizing then? Is that legal?

I don't believe anyone said that you WOULDN'T get a free sample so I don't understand why you would jump to the conclusions above.

You most definitely WILL get a free sample AFTER the launch and demos have taken place.

Advertising, especially in monthly journals, has to be placed well in advance otherwise it could be weeks after a launch before the advertisment is seen by the people who will most benefit from it:!:

Its what you call a clever marketing strategy but if you read above posts there int actually any samples available.

So if you call that number you wont get a free sample?

I'sent that false advertizing then? Is that legal?

I don't believe anyone said that you WOULDN'T get a free sample so I don't understand why you would jump to the conclusions above.

You most definitely WILL get a free sample AFTER the launch and demos have taken place.

Advertising, especially in monthly journals, has to be placed well in advance otherwise it could be weeks after a launch before the advertisment is seen by the people who will most benefit from it:!:

In all fairness....it was mentioned that there wouldnt be samples...and member six didnt jump to the conclusion, her statement was followed by a ?

Even i questioned it cos of how it looked...but as it has since been sorted i guess there isnt a problem.:hug:

Just phoned sweet squared for sample, but it is a bit late, so i left a message. But i think i may need to ring again, because when i leave messages i always end up talking like a goon. :grr:

Also going by the beauty guild article, the logo for popits, says dual system FORMS. NOT moulds.

MMmmmmm so its some kind of form. God i cant wait for tutorial as i cant make it, OH 40th.

it says dual system forms on Ys Nais Producto único en uñas acrílicas too and they are moulds

Some interesting posts here! Only time will tell! Although going by previous posts on this thread if the above are way wide of the mark I am sure that the powers that be will be here to let us know!!! An intereting thing this WWW!

I did get a pm from a lovely gal asking for a lift...i am really sorry but i cleared out my pm box and have lost you....i think you said you where in loughborough....can you pm me please as i now have a date that i am going on and want to know if you still need that lift....thank you xxx

I haven't waited this long for anything since the OJ trial (hope this translates in UK):lol:

I haven't waited this long for anything since the OJ trial (hope this translates in UK):lol:

LMAO! Yes, been following his latest arrest with interest - wonder if he'll get away with this one now he doesn't have the $$$ to buy top attorneys??!!

I hope not, not that he's ever gotten away with anything:wink2:

Well I have had a good nosey around that site..
and although the nails produced on there don't look very impressive to me..
I am 150% sure Gigi will show them in a whole different light :lol:

I cant wait to go still....and I'm still just as excited ..if not more so,
Because I can only imagine the difference in the pictures I see on that website...
to the nail I am going to see in the making in Leeds ..

I'm going to have to turn to drinking again soon to calm me nerves I think :green:

In my opinion, these are not just like stick ons either...the full prep is still there..product is still bonding to keratin..and the strong bond of polymer and monomer etc...is all still there,
Still much stronger than a cheap plastic tip ..stuck on with lashings of cr@p "glue" that will be gone by the end of the night ..taking half a nail with it!

And as for overexposure risks..
I am sure also that done correctly there will be No overexposure risk..
we are professionals..trained to learn application techniques and demonstrate them with care and skill....

Think back to when you were training, or newly qualified maybe..that first set of nails you ever did....exactly how much monomer did you get on your clients surrounding skin ?
and did you not chase the "blob" of acrylic you had just plopped on in hope it would fall into place nicely..but instead it just ran into the sidewalls....what did most of us do? I bet the first thing we did in sheer panic....was to try and clean it all up and shove it in to place with OUR BRUSH :eek:

yep I know I did..probably for a good few times too..now that is overexposure risk..
As with these, I imagine that once practiced...perfection !!! (I am hoping :lol:)

Sometimes too much suspense in advertising can cause not only a mad rush of impatient and curious onlookers, but also those who will seek other sources until they find the information. Then the "secret's out" and not only that, but it probably did not reveal itself in the way the advertisers intended.

Again I am not sure if the video shown on the previously linked site is what these actually are, or how they are to be used, but one would wonder since one of the distributors is Sweet Squared.

All things aside, I am pretty interested in trying it! The fact of the matter is, if Geeg would do it then it must be good. However, like any special technique, I am sure it has to be done in precisely the right way and will take practice.

The question is, is it revolutionary. Will it change the way we do nails. If it is that brilliant and much easier, and the nails are of the same quality or better than traditional methods, then DUH who wouldn't switch over.

Like using a tape vs. a Compact Disc.
Time will tell the story of this new method, and how it compares to traditonal methods. If it truly is revolutionary, easy, and with little, if any "downsides", then it will soon become a mainstream method.

If it is not that easy for the average person to do, and has too many downsides, then it will simply exist as a alternative, but not mainstream method.

If it is "revolutionary" then it will eventually become mainstream since there is hardly any reason not to use it.
Now we wait. My personal hope is that it's revolutionary because I am sick of the time it takes to do nails.
Its about time someone put all of our technology to use and figured out a way to speed up the process! And I would love to find a way to do them on myself in under an hour. Now that would be a miracle....

Personally - I would be more happy if we could find a 'revolutionary' infill that could be done in 20 mins (pink & white) I loose the will to live with infills (well l&p anyway)

Personally - I would be more happy if we could find a 'revolutionary' infill that could be done in 20 mins (pink & white) I loose the will to live with infills (well l&p anyway)

now that would make a lot of nail techs very happy.

Well I followed that link and came across a list of distributors - Sweet Squared is there as the UK & Ireland distributor so I guess thats what they are, moulds - here's the link to the distributor page:

Ys Nais Producto único en uñas acrílicas

And here's the link to the video that shows how to use them:

Ys Nais Producto único en uñas acrílicas

thats a recent addition, i checked on there a couple weeks ago.
you be miss marple, i'll be hetty wainthrop:lol:

well i am still interested, the demo is free, you get see Geeg and its not a replacement for the traditional methods, its an alternative, and i love choices.

I do have lots of questions but gonna wait for the demo. x

I agree with you on this one. As most of our business is rebalances/backfills, I would love to find a quicker way ( and so would my l & p ladies:lol:).xx

You never know,20 min rebal might not be impossible :idea:

Well I have watched this thread with intrest I had seen nails done with nail moulds and was not a fan I just thought it was the lazy unskilled way of doing nails and they were nothing more than glorified stick on's. Nope Ive not changed my mind but after having lots of nss salon pop up that have been churning out clients every 30 minutes I now feel that this can be a great add on for those clients who want a set of nails and fast:)I cant see a problem with natural enhancements and enhancements that are polished but for p&w I have yet to see a set that looks good using this method. I trust Geeg 100% and know that she wouldnt touch anything with a barge pole if she didnt think that it could benefit our industry So I look forward to going up to Leeds and seeing her in action :hug:I personally feel we need to open our eyes to what is happening in the nail industry and look at ways in which we can gain more clients and yes although I would prefer to take 1-2 hours doing a fab set of nails not all clients want or are willing to sit for this length of time I dont see this new method as a replacement for the traditional method and I for one wouldnt be doing every client using these dual forms but I do now see a place for this method and think it will work very well alongside the traditional one.

Well I have watched this thread with intrest I had seen nails done with nail moulds and was not a fan I just thought it was the lazy unskilled way of doing nails and they were nothing more than glorified stick on's. Nope Ive not changed my mind but after having lots of nss salon pop up that have been churning out clients every 30 minutes I now feel that this can be a great add on for those clients who want a set of nails and fast:)I cant see a problem with natural enhancements and enhancements that are polished but for p&w I have yet to see a set that looks good using this method. I trust Geeg 100% and know that she wouldnt touch anything with a barge pole if she didnt think that it could benefit our industry So I look forward to going up to Leeds and seeing her in action :hug:I personally feel we need to open our eyes to what is happening in the nail industry and look at ways in which we can gain more clients and yes although I would prefer to take 1-2 hours doing a fab set of nails not all clients want or are willing to sit for this length of time I dont see this new method as a replacement for the traditional method and I for one wouldnt be doing every client using these dual forms but I do now see a place for this method and think it will work very well alongside the traditional one.

You have convinced me Lell, when you put it like that it makes sense. I was very sceptical at first but I think used in the way you have said it does have a place. So long as our mix ratios are correct etc, then there should be no problems and as you say Geeg would'nt promote anything that would'nt be of benefit to the industry.

Very well put Lell!! x

The way I look at it is this....

We all know a lot of people go to the NSS and chop shops for speed....anything that gets them out of there and onto proper enhancments the better....as long as it is sanitary and strong, then there may well be a place for this.

Yes, I too can be a right sceptical old madam as far as ANY new methods are concerned, until I've seen it, done it, worn it, broken it and fixed it. But I am remainng very open-minded about this. Samantha, Sam and Gigi have NEVER let us down yet (IMO), so I see no reason to assume they will now.!

I don't know yet whether I can make it to Leeds or not - depends on funds and childcare (if not I will be seeing my educator down here), but lets enjoy the anticipation of what is yet to come....at least!

Latest posts

Back