*The official "Strictly Come Dancing" thread*

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The right person went this week, for once.

Fiona does need to go next but mainly because I can't stand Anton. She's not that bad.

I get really annoyed though that Abbey never says "thank you" when she gets put through!

Well, what did we all think of it tonight at Blackpool, then? Natalie was good, but I just didn't enjoy the song they danced to which kinda put me off.

Patrick, Abbey and Susannah were well on form, too. :)

Loved Susannah and Sophie!

Was gutted for Patrick with the dress thing. It's hard to get good marks on a Samba and that was real bad luck.
Susannah's duck face was hilarious all the way through her dance.
Abby was good and so was Ashley.
I missed Claudia but Brucie at least laid off the cringey jokes a bit :)

Susannah was brilliant. I thought abbey was good but I think Natalie didn't fit that dance well- I think she is too tall. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Who do we think should be voted off this week? Sad though it is, I think Mark and Fiona should be going home soon followed by Ben.

It has to be Mark this week. He doesn't even look like he's enjoying it any more. Fiona looks like Anton is throwing her about. These two should be in the dance off this week

Is it just me or are the judges being quite hard on Ashley and Ola? They never seem to really praise them like they do the other contestants. I thought their paso doble as a cowboy was a really good take on that dance and he danced it fantastically.

Have just got me and my mum tickets for the strictly tour (mums Xmas pressie) and I really hope we get to see ashley do that dance again but I reckon it will be Susanna and Kevin they give it to. I'm not keen on her as she is getting a bit big headed and talk about milk the applause lying on the floor and not getting up at the end! Get over yourself love!

I think they were overly generous with the scores last night because it was blackpool week.

Wish I had a quid for every time they said 'Blackpool'. It wasn't any better than any other show. But I'm in a bad mood today lol

Oh well, it was her time.

Yes, it was the first time the judges were split, too, I think?

Mark really gives it his all and he's fun to watch. I guess he'll be out next week, though.

Personally I think someone else... not in the dance off, should have gone. Just my personal thoughts, but everyone else has given it their all.

Personally I think someone else... not in the dance off, should have gone. Just my personal thoughts, but everyone else has given it their all.

Who do you think should have gone?
Fiona bored me I'm glad she's gone! :0)

Sophie?

The thing is, once we get to this stage of the competition 'Nobody' is 'Bad,' generally speaking. The likes of Mark and Fiona aren't 'Bad,' it's just that there are others who are more polished and technically 'Better!'

There are always surprises, though, ie Rachel and Deborah being sent home ahead of Dave Myers and Abbey being in the dance off at all! :eek: Last year, Denise Van Outen was in the dance off at least twice to my recollection whilst Louis Smith suddenly rose from mediocrity to walk off with the glitterball for holding his partner upside down in a vertical position when he'd consistently failed to 'Wow' the judges/voters for much of the competition.

Chris Hollins, the sports presenter, clearly wasn't the judges' technical favourite a few years back but he had a cheeky Charleston and was obviously a popular personality, so he pipped a technically superior contestant to the post. Some people vote for who they like, personally, and others vote purely on their dancing merits, in my humble opinion.

It's definitely a popularity contest. There are people in the past that have come second when (IMHO) they should've won (Rachel Stevens, Ricky Whittle...)

Not always though, there have definitely been some worthy winners like Alesha, Harry Judd, Kara Tointon and of course my favourite winner ever - Ramps!

Also, Bruce really annoyed me this week with his comment about mark 'a man this size doing a Jive'. Oh so condescending and rude. I was swearing my head off at the TV! hahaha.

I can't believe the dressing room got broken into and things stolen! Doesn't look very good on Blackpool. I love Kevin but there's something I don't like about Susanna because she's very false and loves herself! I want to like Abby but she's so scatty lol, I'm really enjoying it this year as apart from mark, who iv never understood why he's still in it, everyone is really good now and I look forward to saturday nights! Unfortunately though Bruce is starting to get to me now, iv always stuck up for him but he's very snappy rude and off timing, I know its a joke but I don't laugh anymore! And it pains me to say it but I prefer Claudia with Tess! They just work better together!?

I love Susannah. I think it's cuz I've always liked her on Breakfast and so I'm glad she's good.

Yeah I wish they would bin Bruce and Tess and just give us Claudia! Claudia & Tess at a push.

Latest posts

Back