The Reverse Technique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hol529

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Young Nails reverse technique? I saw a demo on sunday, the tech made it look really easy. Well I had a go last night, the result was ok but I need alot more practise. Has anyone had a go and what was the end result like, and have you got any tips?

i have tried but i dont think its for me i am still trying to perfect my application the other way.

What do you mean by reverse technique?:eek:

start from zone 3

Ah! Yes seen it done but haven't had a go. I don't see the point really, I'm fine with the "normal" technique. It just gives me something else to practice and I've got loads of other things that I need to make better.

Teri x:)

I've always started in zone 3, My Reason: A tree grows from the roots up, not from the leaves down. I also just roughly shorten tips to desired length (so i have room for errors, if any), but don't shape, then (after application) I buff zone 3, 2, then shorten (slightly) then shapeand taper last, as an experiment count how many times you shape the end of the nail (the correct answer should be once), this includes before and after application.
Hey, it works for me !!!!! We all have different ways of doing things.

I've never seen in done that way. Sounds really interesting though. I'd love to see it being done.

if you to onto young nails.co.uk and then on to nail art it shows you step by step for this method.

Well there is always more than one way! and whatever works for you I say. Nailzoo that is interesting thought... will try that too! cheers.

Brisa btw is put on using reverse application.... and I don't think I could do that any other way... find it v easy. A very long time ago I tried with l&p but as I was very new at nails... mmm well it didn't go too well.

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Young Nails reverse technique? I saw a demo on sunday, the tech made it look really easy. Well I had a go last night, the result was ok but I need alot more practise. Has anyone had a go and what was the end result like, and have you got any tips?

I prefer to do mine that way too for L&P.... I also do it that way for Gel....must say it makes it easier for getting zone 3 really thin and blended in using just the brush .....much easier than when you do it the better known way and only have small piece of natural nail left to get the brush & product in and make it disappear into the natural nail when doing zone 3.

I am too new too experiment yet but I am very interested to know how you get zone 2 right if you are doing zone 1 white or am I being daft ?

I was taught the reverse method when i first started with L&P 3 yrs ago.
I couldn't get my head around working from zone 1 to 3 when i did try, but now,since my CND foundation, i can hardly remember how i used to do the reverse method!
Funny, what you get used to.

My local YoungNails rep. taught me the reverse application and I ABSOLUTELY love the idea. I have only practiced a little bit with it and seem to get noticable shadowing at the smile line as some white(tip color) is being pushed under the pink(back color). Obviously i wiped my smile line in the pink with my brush at a 45degree angle...Easy fix I'm sure! But haven't given it another try since.

I am too new too experiment yet but I am very interested to know how you get zone 2 right if you are doing zone 1 white or am I being daft ?
Start at zone 3 then when you do zone 2 make the smile line shape in reverse so that the white cannot go underneath when you do it, you can then back the white up against this reverse smile to give you a perfect white smile (like you do with Gel or custom blending), there should be LESS shadowing this way. If you do get any white on the pink then before it dries, use either a small bit of nailfresh or scrubfresh on a different clean brush to clean it away, then using your application brush, smooth down over zone 1. Thats how I do it:hug:

I nearly always use the 1,2, 3 method for Liquid & Powder, unless I am custom blending or using gel. It works for me.

I think it is best to try everything and to be able to do all methods comfortably.

Neither way is easier or more difficult than the other. There is no BEST way, only what works best for you and produces a structurally correct nail so that it lasts. If all those things are happening for you, then you're doing it right FOR YOU.

I work both ways......it is all down to the look the client wants to achieve with their nails. If clients wanted P+W then I would work in the normal procedure of zone 123 to achieve the sharp smile line. If a client wanted a custom blend that looked really natural then I would do the reverse application with a blended in free edge to give the look that they grew there.
David.

I use the revese application method for custom blending.

Latest posts

Back